Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    The Hood can tinykitty off.

Most annoying opponent ever (well, post Ragnarok nerf anyway).
  • Yup, I can't even get into New York either. I'm done for the event.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    God bless you for putting in Daredevil on the goon fight in New York, his traps are SOOOO awesome at taking out those mobs that don't attack.
    eeeehh. Actually, he makes a pretty sick battery. The player matched trap bonus adds up. I ran him with Daken and Cap. -50+ respectively on each 3/5/5 on Cap- Once he gets rolling on the red and blue self detonated traps, i was swimming in Red and blue ap. Add Daks damage boosting and i was clearing countdown like nobody's business. Even got a some traps in when the goons cascaded into them. It was win-win. He's sill better on playing enemies, but its actually not bad on mobs.

and yes. i know OBW is a better battery, but if you don't have her...
  • Clint wrote:
    God bless you for putting in Daredevil on the goon fight in New York, his traps are SOOOO awesome at taking out those mobs that don't attack.
    eeeehh. Actually, he makes a pretty sick battery. The player matched trap bonus adds up. I ran him with Daken and Cap. -50+ respectively on each 3/5/5 on Cap- Once he gets rolling on the red and blue self detonated traps, i was swimming in Red and blue ap. Add Daks damage boosting and i was clearing countdown like nobody's business. Even got a some traps in when the goons cascaded into them. It was win-win. He's sill better on playing enemies, but its actually not bad on mobs.

and yes. i know OBW is a better battery, but if you don't have her...

Just tried your team in the DD mission, it was actually quite a fun battle. Longish, but fun using a completely different trio than I would ever normally use. Cap comes into his element with 5 blue and 5 red to clear any nasty looking countdown's, and yes, DD as a battery is an interesting application!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I tried cStorm, Daken, Magneto MN, oBW, Psylocke in various combinations against the Hood, Ares, Moonstone. No luck whatsoever. They kept dying to Ares, even the 5k Psylocke. Fed up, I ran trusty mStorm+Spidey+Venom and got into the New Yourk sub on the first try. Go figure, yay for lvl 7 Venom.

We're inside.
    Ooh, Daredevil required against non-attacking mooks.

This reminds me..
    Players: Why, Demiurge? Why do you do it? Why keep pushing Daredevil? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell us what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Demiurge. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as MPQ itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Demiurge. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Demiurge? Why? Why do you persist?

Demiurge: Because we choose to.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    locked wrote:

This reminds me..
    Players: Why, Demiurge? Why do you do it? Why keep pushing Daredevil? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell us what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Demiurge. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as MPQ itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Demiurge. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Demiurge? Why? Why do you persist?

Demiurge: Because we choose to.

Heh. I think you'll find it's actually

Demiurge: Because money.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For what its worth, I kind of like Daredevil for PvP play. But yes, against all goons he doesn't do much besides being a potential damage double-tap with strike tiles.
  • I didn't play last night after midnight. Is the refresh 8 hours again on this one?
  • I pulled a Blue Psylocke yesterday and today. Too bad the skill is so useless that I'll probably sell both of them for the 500 iso per instead of using them since I already have 3 blue.

Usually I'd just train them and respec down the road but that blue ability is so insanely bad.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I pulled a Blue Psylocke yesterday and today. Too bad the skill is so useless that I'll probably sell both of them for the 500 iso per instead of using them since I already have 3 blue.

Usually I'd just train them and respec down the road but that blue ability is so insanely bad.

not entirely useless... i steal 19 black ap from BrotherHood and spam lots of attack tile on the board... depend the situation it quite useful...
  • I really lucked out Main Bracket wise. First place is only around 111,000, Me and two others are in the 103,000 range, but the other two already did one round this sub this morning and I didn't, so I should be able to beat them easily doing a refresh soon and again before the close for 2nd place. 5th place after us is almost 92,000.

Probably because I joined this thing a a day or two late, I think I missed the entire first set of subs or maybe even two.
  • DX_das wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    I pulled a Blue Psylocke yesterday and today. Too bad the skill is so useless that I'll probably sell both of them for the 500 iso per instead of using them since I already have 3 blue.

not entirely useless... i steal 19 black ap from BrotherHood and spam lots of attack tile on the board... depend the situation it quite useful...

Yep brotherhood mutants constantly generate black but do not use them at all (some have a 0 ap black skill). Still, this skill would have been good if it stole 8 ap x 2 colors instead; 19 in a single one is just useless overkill.
  • entropic01 wrote:

A high-level Psylocke is a nice deterrent in PvP. Those blue covers will let you earn more Black Panther covers in Fresh Cut and give you a chance to make a run for that red Psylocke reward at 1200 progression.

Also, she becomes a lvl 50 tank when boosted.
  • Ghast wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

A high-level Psylocke is a nice deterrent in PvP. Those blue covers will let you earn more Black Panther covers in Fresh Cut and give you a chance to make a run for that red Psylocke reward at 1200 progression.

It doesn't seem to deter anyone. I have a level 100 Psylocke and I get attacked more in Fresh Cut than in any other tourney.
  • I've done about one clear in each of the subs. I'm in first by a huge margin and can probably get the 150K award if I try later (at 138K right now). Doubt I'll grind the subs much more, especially just for Heroic tokens. Looking forward to my BP covers and selling off the Red X Force lol
  • Haha I just lost a match because I accidentally misclicked on psylocke instead of storm and used her blue instead of storm's blue (the countdown was then destroyed by the enemy the next turn, natch)

Psylocke's blue is so bad it made me kill myself
  • gamar wrote:
    Haha I just lost a match because I accidentally misclicked on psylocke instead of storm and used her blue instead of storm's blue (the countdown was then destroyed by the enemy the next turn, natch)

Psylocke's blue is so bad it made me kill myself
    Done that a couple of time when I want to use C.Mag Blue. icon_lol.gif
  • This is outrageous! For the most part, I think this event has been reasonably balanced, with a variety of different difficulty matches to choose from, rather than just 200+ matches, however now that I've reached the final stage, they've hit me with nothing but 200+ matches! It took me two matches and a whole lot of boosts to get into New York, and once in, I can barely win a match! Anyway, I've wiped out all my lives and a ton of boosts, and managed to get a few points on the board, however later this evening, when I run through one last time, I don't think I will be able to win a single match! In light of this, I figured, lets try tanking and see what happens. The opponent levels should reduce, right? Wrong! I took my entire roster of 34 characters out against a level 228 team of Juggernaut, Hood, and Ragnarok, and incredibly, after having my entire roster wiped out, their levels actually increased to 230! ****? How does that make sense? And it's not just that match that has increased, but all the other matches are now pretty much 230s as well! This is deeply upsetting... I've grinded through this event all week in a desperate bid to finish top 10 to get the Panther covers, and if I get overtaken tonight and miss out because of these impossible matches, I will be extremely upset.
  • Ghast wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:

My psylocke is already over 50 with a 4/3/3 build. Doubt I'm gonna put any more iso into her for a while. I like her but I think Punisher and her play the same role with Punisher being slightly more useful since her blue ability is so bad. Plus I already have my Punisher at 137 with the ISO to finish him off. If I could go back, I might have leveled her over Punisher to pair with Hulk just because of her colors but it's too late. Would be nice to use her red to generate strikes and have Hulk actually have an activated ability instead of funneling all my green into Punisher.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    The lvl 230 Hood-Juggs-Ragnarok fight has been giving me trouble, if I'm not trying to place well in the current PvE, I'm at least curious as to what I can achieve with my roster. Tried Psylocke, oBW, the trusty Spidey-Venom-mStorm combo, no luck, the Hood kept sucking me dry.

I ran out of all healthpacks, but I was dying of curiosity. I also clearly needed tanky characters to survive an occasional Godlike Power.
    I went cStorm 5-5-3 + Magneto MN 4-2-2 (good combo, no surprises here)
    and...
    ...Cap
    (lvl 40, 4-4-4. 4187 health with the current buff)

And I won on the first try.
    Cap did amazingly well with his Return shield red move; reaching endgame, I also utilized the Sentinel of liberty to get a 4-in-a-line to get the last needed purple tile for the final Polarity shift.
    Sadly he didn't survive the last Headbutt from the unstunned Juggs. (neither did Juggs lol)
    But yeah, got a standard token as my reward and lo and behold, my 4th blue Spidey. Curiosity does have its merits!
    gYgN73ll.png
    Now I can go and have even more fun with the Venom-Spidey combo lol.