Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I really like powered up storm and magneto along with spiderman.

Get purple ASAP then keep the other team locked down while you collect greens. Get storm up to 30 green ap and she can clear the screen 3-4 times while maxing out ap in all other colors.

This team is really strong when you can use the environmental attack Oasis. They're a very strong team with characters that have at least been easy to get covers for. As long as you get your purple before one of your characters die it's a guaranteed win and you'll have ample opportunity to heal your entire team before the match is over.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think my biggest complaint for this event is the rewards just do not match the difficulty because they all cap at 230. In this round New York City I and Saudi Arabia II are the exact same team yet give different point rewards. I am sure that the Saudi one is SUPPOSED to be lower level and thus warrant its lower reward but because all missions cap out at 230 they are now identical in enemies and levels. How can the EXACT SAME mission give different rewards.

I think each mission should have its own cap based on the points it awards. Make it so the "Easy" missions stay easier than the hard. It doesn't have to be a major difference maybe 200 or even 215 just SOMETHING so that some missions are not just the same with lower rewards.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The Classic Storm required battle was one of the dumbest fight I've done in a while. I think I technically won on turn 4, but I literally casted about 100 combined casting of Lightning Storm, Magnetic Field, and Magnetized Particles. I got rid of Spiderman from my lineup just to avoid having to do that all over again the next fight.

The abilities that loop back for AP gain is just stupid. It's arguably worse that they don't do enough damage because your opponent isn't going to ever get a turn when you go infinite but the fact that Lightning Storm does like next to no damage means you'll need a very long time to end the fight and that's just dumb for PvE, and on PvP enemies don't have the HP that level 230 guys have so it's not a drawback like it is in PvE. Heck, Juggernaut level 230 generally has more HP than the entire typical PvP team.
  • akboyce wrote:
    I think my biggest complaint for this event is the rewards just do not match the difficulty because they all cap at 230. In this round New York City I and Saudi Arabia II are the exact same team yet give different point rewards. I am sure that the Saudi one is SUPPOSED to be lower level and thus warrant its lower reward but because all missions cap out at 230 they are now identical in enemies and levels. How can the EXACT SAME mission give different rewards.

I think each mission should have its own cap based on the points it awards. Make it so the "Easy" missions stay easier than the hard. It doesn't have to be a major difference maybe 200 or even 215 just SOMETHING so that some missions are not just the same with lower rewards.

The easy missions probably should cap lower, but if they did you'd have to be grinding them down to 1 to be competitive and that'd be its own problem. I guess you can simply give up the easy bracket but it seems kind of backwards if the easy bracket was harder to place well than the hard bracket.

That said at least some of the earlier missions can cap lower, instead of going from level 15 to 230.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The Classic Storm required battle was one of the dumbest fight I've done in a while. I think I technically won on turn 4, but I literally casted about 100 combined casting of Lightning Storm, Magnetic Field, and Magnetized Particles. I got rid of Spiderman from my lineup just to avoid having to do that all over again the next fight.

The abilities that loop back for AP gain is just stupid. It's arguably worse that they don't do enough damage because your opponent isn't going to ever get a turn when you go infinite but the fact that Lightning Storm does like next to no damage means you'll need a very long time to end the fight and that's just dumb for PvE, and on PvP enemies don't have the HP that level 230 guys have so it's not a drawback like it is in PvE. Heck, Juggernaut level 230 generally has more HP than the entire typical PvP team.
    Run Captain, GSBW and IM 40, they all have 19+ AP abilities just as you like. And the only colour you'd miss will be black! This team has everything: stuns, protecting, huge AoE damage, tile clearing, board control! IM 40 even stuns himself and drains AP so that the match could never get 'dumb' for you.
  • Phantron wrote:

I wiped on that fight today. I forgot that I needed the blue to continue spiderman stuns & used 11 for wind storm, turning an easy victory into an embarrassing defeat as Moonstone & Juggernaut one-shotted my heroes.
  • Can any of you fine forum folk help me out a little? i got 3 standard tokens last night instead of the 3 assault i was suppose to receive. I sent them an email to tell them( they usually are pretty good responding to me so ill wait til after the weekend and give them time) So i know they will eventually get back to me and give me my tokens i should have won. BUT what do i do with the 3 standards i have now? DO they just replace them with the assault or can i open them? They are so shiny and they keep calling to me.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can any of you fine forum folk help me out a little? i got 3 standard tokens last night instead of the 3 assault i was suppose to receive. I sent them an email to tell them( they usually are pretty good responding to me so ill wait til after the weekend and give them time) So i know they will eventually get back to me and give me my tokens i should have won. BUT what do i do with the 3 standards i have now? DO they just replace them with the assault or can i open them? They are so shiny and they keep calling to me.

It's safe to open them: consider them as an apology gift from D3 for you being inconvenienced by the bug. The value of the tokens are so low that there's no way that they'll care. Due to the way that tokens work, you'll probably only get 3 heroic tokens since the event will end by the time they get back to you, so I would also mention that so that they might give you the Psylocke cover that you wanted, nudge nudge wink wink.
  • Can any of you fine forum folk help me out a little? i got 3 standard tokens last night instead of the 3 assault i was suppose to receive. I sent them an email to tell them( they usually are pretty good responding to me so ill wait til after the weekend and give them time) So i know they will eventually get back to me and give me my tokens i should have won. BUT what do i do with the 3 standards i have now? DO they just replace them with the assault or can i open them? They are so shiny and they keep calling to me.

It's safe to open them: consider them as an apology gift from D3 for you being inconvenienced by the bug. The value of the tokens are so low that there's no way that they'll care. Due to the way that tokens work, you'll probably only get 3 heroic tokens since the event will end by the time they get back to you, so I would also mention that so that they might give you the Psylocke cover that you wanted, nudge nudge wink wink.
    AHHHHH thank you icon_e_smile.gif good idea

Wouldn't be so sure. I still haven't received a response about a couple Simulator tokens. Sent in 3 tickets over the span of two weeks before giving up
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does anyone know what the maximum value for the NYC III, Psylocke and Daredevil missions in the NY sub-event are? Right now, my NYC III is 1062 and the Psylocke and Daredevil are 1012. Are those the maxes? They haven't increased in hours and it's been 12 hours since I played them. They just seem like such odd numbers to have as the maximums.
  • Looks like we should open up both bonus iso-8 missions for the first time. First few days only the "hard" mission unlocked & the last few days only the "easy" mission was unlocked. People are probably pushing harder to boost their final positions.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does anyone know what the maximum value for the NYC III, Psylocke and Daredevil missions in the NY sub-event are? Right now, my NYC III is 1062 and the Psylocke and Daredevil are 1012. Are those the maxes? They haven't increased in hours and it's been 12 hours since I played them. They just seem like such odd numbers to have as the maximums.

I believe it depends on your placement in the bracket.
  • Well, I'll almost certainly be knocked out of the top 50 when I go to sleep but overall a decent event.

The idea of locking key plot points behind time sensitive unlocks was **** stupid though.
  • Does the full text of the event get released afterwards anywhere?
  • bughunt wrote:
    Looks like we should open up both bonus iso-8 missions for the first time. First few days only the "hard" mission unlocked & the last few days only the "easy" mission was unlocked. People are probably pushing harder to boost their final positions.

I hope so. I've dropped over 90 places in the last day - nearly out of the top 500!
  • God. If this happened rarely, it wouldn't bug me as much. But it seems like half of the time I play, I have to stop early because I get into one of these **** games where I can't do a thing and the other side clears half the board and uses all of their powers.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't understand the leveling - or maybe even the concept - of the various nodes.

The free-for-all in NY is Deadly (and rightly so one supposes) but the Essentials are all Normal.

So to progress through the decently leveled areas, you have to have the required characters and otherwise, you're left with either the crazy-hard areas or the areas that drop minimal points?
  • akboyce wrote:

Yeah, the scaling or the scaling caps or the points or both were off in the last few rounds of this.

On the whole the biggest bit of constructive feedback I can give for this event is it was too long (especially too long for an event with 24 hour sub events instead of 48). Especially since it ran straight after another long event. If events are going to run this long, it's annoying that the prize for the overall bracket is no different to the prize from a 48 hour pvp event. And even worse if you had to skimp on playtime just one day out of 9 and it means you only get 1 or even 0 3* covers after playing an event every day for 9 days (ok, all the gold tokens from the subevents are nice, but...)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    akboyce wrote:

Yeah, the scaling or the scaling caps or the points or both were off in the last few rounds of this.

On the whole the biggest bit of constructive feedback I can give for this event is it was too long (especially too long for an event with 24 hour sub events instead of 48). Especially since it ran straight after another long event. If events are going to run this long, it's annoying that the prize for the overall bracket is no different to the prize from a 48 hour pvp event. And even worse if you had to skimp on playtime just one day out of 9 and it means you only get 1 or even 0 3* covers after playing an event every day for 9 days (ok, all the gold tokens from the subevents are nice, but...)

I agree that the event was too long (I'm thinking 6-7 days is probably the sweet spot). The prizes seem fine though: I've always thought of PvE as more of an iso farm (of which we got a ton of in this event especially with the progression awards), and you get some guaranteed 3* covers in progression awards that you would never see in a PvP setting.