***** Black Panther (Civil War) *****

Comments

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I was just about to post the notes, thank you again!
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    Red Sounds like fun with someone who makes teammates invisible, like 4pun. Any 5* that stun teammates or make them invisible?

Thanos works pretty well Thanos_Icon.png
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    That feeling when you pull 4 times and still no Panther icon_e_sad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kjeldbjerg wrote:
    Red Sounds like fun with someone who makes teammates invisible, like 4pun. Any 5* that stun teammates or make them invisible?
    IW TUs the next big thing
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I dunno, this looks awful to me.

Black is a cool down, which are meh at best and 2 passive, not buying. Also there are too many abilities that will negate this because you have to specify the target. Colossus could jump in the way, invisibility, it could get matched away, there are so many reasons this could be rendered inert, and the Maximum positive side is a little extra damage.

Yellow is barely ok, but you may as well use TU for TU abilities, I get one TU ability off every 20 games or so. So not buying on that one either. Not worth a roster slot to change out a team up ability for this.

Red looks just awful. So at max 5 covers an enemy match damage self stuns 2 turns? That's awful. Then does a little damage at the end, the only other self stun is recharge, the best battery ability in the game. This is nowhere near as good. So spoiler alert, just hit him once with match damage, trigger his self stun (still shaking my head like recharge before the rework) then unload all your abilities on the stunned character.
  • Melac
    Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    The thing I'm wondering is: Why is Black Panther a 5 star?
    He's cool, yes, but he's not even close to Thanos, Silver Surfer, or Dr. Strange.
    I get wanting to make a new one 'cause the movie's coming out, but I thought 5 star was for the ludicrously powerful characters, and now it's just "who's in the MCU lately?"
    What's wrong with a 4 star BP? Also, same question for Black Widow.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    If two or more of his CD tiles are focused on one character, only 1 of the tiles give the extra damage. Just tested it.

I don't know if you can target two characters and damage two with the xtra damage on seperate turns or after you kill one mid turn and then damage the second.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    If two or more of his CD tiles are focused on one character, only 1 of the tiles give the extra damage. Just tested it.

I don't know if you can target two characters and damage two with the xtra damage on seperate turns or after you kill one mid turn and then damage the second.

What about aoe? Can you boost damage to multiple targets by doublecasting black?
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Melac wrote:
    The thing I'm wondering is: Why is Black Panther a 5 star?
    He's cool, yes, but he's not even close to Thanos, Silver Surfer, or Dr. Strange.
    I get wanting to make a new one 'cause the movie's coming out, but I thought 5 star was for the ludicrously powerful characters, and now it's just "who's in the MCU lately?"
    What's wrong with a 4 star BP? Also, same question for Black Widow.

That stopped being the case with the very second release OML isn't a powerhouse. Neither are bssm or green goblin.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red looks just awful. So at max 5 covers an enemy match damage self stuns 2 turns? That's awful. Then does a little damage at the end, the only other self stun is recharge, the best battery ability in the game. This is nowhere near as good. So spoiler alert, just hit him once with match damage, trigger his self stun (still shaking my head like recharge before the rework) then unload all your abilities on the stunned character.

You need to better read red power description. You can't trigger red with match damage (at least not if you don't have a ton of strike tiles), you need to do more than 6161 damage. And then he does 12k damage for 'free', I don't think this can be considered little damage. And remember that he also evades 60% of the damage dealt to him. This power combined with Punisher or Thanos is amazing (or IW and Agent Venom). And it also makes him hard to stun, because if you stun him, if you don't kill him before he gets unstunned you will suffer 12k damage!

Do you still think this power is awful ?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the Powers closer, I am considering a 5/4/4 build as that seems to get the most powerful overall.
    For black, level 5 gives you an extra turn on the countdown, which is a significant difference.
    For yellow, level 4 drops the cost to 7 TU AP, which means the Power can be used more often. Level 5 only adds extra damage.
    For red, going to level 4 reduces the damage threshhold by 25% whereas going to level 5 only reduces it 10% more.
    I can absolutely see other builds being viable, but this seems like the most munchkin-y configuration. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Looking at the Powers closer, I am considering a 5/4/4 build as that seems to get the most powerful overall.
    For black, level 5 gives you an extra turn on the countdown, which is a significant difference.
    For yellow, level 4 drops the cost to 7 TU AP, which means the Power can be used more often. Level 5 only adds extra damage.
    For red, going to level 4 reduces the damage threshhold by 25% whereas going to level 5 only reduces it 10% more.
    I can absolutely see other builds being viable, but this seems like the most munchkin-y configuration. icon_e_smile.gif

I think this depends a bit, but I'd lean 3/5/5 myself.

4.2k damage every time you hit an enemy (which I assume is every single match made via cascade) is going to be plenty in most cases. For a bulky foe like Thanos, yeah maybe the extra 1k + 1 turn will be beneficial, but that powers going to kill most things really quickly at 3.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3 is the way to go for me.

red is actually better on 3rd level then on 5th. To be stunned you need to take more damage. But do you really want to be stunned more often? I don't think so. And damage from revealing is already good enough at 3rd level.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lukoil wrote:
    5/5/3 is the way to go for me.

red is actually better on 3rd level then on 5th. To be stunned you need to take more damage. But do you really want to be stunned more often? I don't think so. And damage from revealing is already good enough at 3rd level.

You WANT to be stunned to get the most from this skill. And you want this skill to trigger as often as possible. It will trigger less often at 3 than at 5 covers. And the damage done will also be less. A 20k attack will only do 8k damage with this skill, and he will then retaliate with 12k damage a turn later. Also, we need to verify this still, but if BP is stunned, that means his countdown tile from black stays out an extra turn or two. Assuming the effects of the CD tile work while BP is stunned, that is an extra turn of damage.
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    He seems really meh to me. I'm not in fully covered 5* land so i look at individual covers to pair with my 3* roster like i do with OML. His black seems good with...sentry...which is a non starter. His yellow power is probably the best but 1 or two covers is still booboo. His red seems awful. Sure he can be combod with IW or Thanos, but is that really how you want to use your 5*? I'd rather have banner.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Highdark wrote:
    He seems really meh to me. I'm not in fully covered 5* land so i look at individual covers to pair with my 3* roster like i do with OML. His black seems good with...sentry...which is a non starter. His yellow power is probably the best but 1 or two covers is still booboo. His red seems awful. Sure he can be combod with IW or Thanos, but is that really how you want to use your 5*? I'd rather have banner.

Big Pun works too.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Highdark wrote:

I dunno, I won't get him for a long time, but I think his move set should pair pretty well with a 3* roster at 1 cover. He does "free" damage with enough team up ap and his red can be used to tank big attacks. He dodges 60% of it then comes back with a counter after he wakes up. His black should probably be able to down anyone it targets during its countdown timer. 975 added damage to target with each match or attack. Squirrel Girls green for example, each turn it gets the added damage and when each one expires, its worth that much more. So if you get all of SG countdowns to survive, in the 3 turns Panthers countdown is active you get 3 matches (3000 extra damage), 3 furry friends passive (3000 extra damage) and 4 furry friends expiring (4000 extra damage). Not to mention any cascades that might have happened. If you can get some cascades and the countdown doesnt get destroyed, you should be able to get good use out of his black.

Unless Im wrong, but I wont be able to play him for a long time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Highdark wrote:

His black does more damage with every hit. So he works well with any 3* character. It's basically Vision, without the need for color coverage and tacked on to attack tiles as well.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:

What about aoe? Can you boost damage to multiple targets by doublecasting black?

Yes. I just tested this. Also, when you target multiple characters, when a targeted character dies, the tile it's tied to, is subsequently destroyed.

Also, the tile DOES NOT add the damage to attack tiles.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I just noticed that 5 star.png Black Panther has the exact same colour scheme as OML: Black active, yellow and red passives. Which I find annoying since in most cases OML is superior than BP.

The 5 star.png class desperately needs a Blue and Black colour user. 5*Hulk does not count, as while his Blue is a strong colour, he gains no benefit in matching blue. 5*Hulk is in fact a black green user.

I though that since 3* BP is the ONLY character with a Blue Yellow Black active (Wasp and Mr F both have one colour passive), his 5* would follow the same trend. Kinda disappointing that the missing niche colour remains elusive.

TL;DR: 5 star.png roster desperately needs a blackflag.png and blueflag.png user.