***** Black Panther (Civil War) *****

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    pabasa130 wrote:
    I just noticed that 5 star.png Black Panther has the exact same colour scheme as OML: Black active, yellow and red passives. Which I find annoying since in most cases OML is superior than BP.

The 5 star.png class desperately needs a Blue and Black colour user. 5*Hulk does not count, as while his Blue is a strong colour, he gains no benefit in matching blue. 5*Hulk is in fact a black green user.

I though that since 3* BP is the ONLY character with a Blue Yellow Black active (Wasp and Mr F both have one colour passive), his 5* would follow the same trend. Kinda disappointing that the missing niche colour remains elusive.

TL;DR: 5 star.png roster desperately needs a blackflag.png and blueflag.png user.
    icon_silversurfer.png
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Piro_plock wrote:
    icon_silversurfer.png

Whoops.

In my defense I still don't have his black. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I stand corrected.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any way we could get some extra differentiation on which enemy we're using BP's Black power on? I got a black cover for him from one of the Hail to the King tokens (YAY!) so I tried him out in the Deadpool Daily Big Enchilada. I was going to use his black on one of the Doombots in the second round, but all three of them have the same symbol, and there's no real way to differentiate which one is which.

Granted, this isn't a problem in PvP...and when fighting LVL 110 Doombots with a 5-star character isn't not all that important either. However, it would be more useful when fighting down three LVL 300+ Muscles to know which one to target to take extra damage.

Edit - I also found that they don't stack. You can have two of them target the same person, but only one has any effect. It would also be have someone already targeted by his Black to be X-ed out in the "Choose your target" window.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    Panthers Prey doesn't add damage to Medusa's Entanglement.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    5/5/3 is the way to go for me.

red is actually better on 3rd level then on 5th. To be stunned you need to take more damage. But do you really want to be stunned more often? I don't think so. And damage from revealing is already good enough at 3rd level.

You WANT to be stunned to get the most from this skill. And you want this skill to trigger as often as possible. It will trigger less often at 3 than at 5 covers. And the damage done will also be less. A 20k attack will only do 8k damage with this skill, and he will then retaliate with 12k damage a turn later. Also, we need to verify this still, but if BP is stunned, that means his countdown tile from black stays out an extra turn or two. Assuming the effects of the CD tile work while BP is stunned, that is an extra turn of damage.
    Your example with 20k attack works exactly the same way on 3rd and 5th level. the only diffrence is 11900 and 12000 retaliate damage. And no you don't want to be stunned all the time. 9k damage limit is good enough i think
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lukoil wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    5/5/3 is the way to go for me.

red is actually better on 3rd level then on 5th. To be stunned you need to take more damage. But do you really want to be stunned more often? I don't think so. And damage from revealing is already good enough at 3rd level.

You WANT to be stunned to get the most from this skill. And you want this skill to trigger as often as possible. It will trigger less often at 3 than at 5 covers. And the damage done will also be less. A 20k attack will only do 8k damage with this skill, and he will then retaliate with 12k damage a turn later. Also, we need to verify this still, but if BP is stunned, that means his countdown tile from black stays out an extra turn or two. Assuming the effects of the CD tile work while BP is stunned, that is an extra turn of damage.
    Your example with 20k attack works exactly the same way on 3rd and 5th level. the only diffrence is 11900 and 12000 retaliate damage. And no you don't want to be stunned all the time. 9k damage limit is good enough i think

And with a 6,500 damage attack, this skill will do nothing. I think it really depends on who you are fighting. Against other players with a huge 5 star roster, then the extra damage required to activate this skill isn't as big of a deal. Against 4 star boosted players, the extra (less) damage required to activate this skill is huge. Many 4s top out around 7k or so for AOE when boosted as base level. And why wouldn't you want this skill activated all the time?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Melac wrote:
    The thing I'm wondering is: Why is Black Panther a 5 star?
    He's cool, yes, but he's not even close to Thanos, Silver Surfer, or Dr. Strange.
    I get wanting to make a new one 'cause the movie's coming out, but I thought 5 star was for the ludicrously powerful characters, and now it's just "who's in the MCU lately?"
    What's wrong with a 4 star BP? Also, same question for Black Widow.

Hmmmmmm.....VERRRRRY interesting.

Did you have the same complaint for OML? Cap? IM? Spidey? Goblin?

VERRRRY interesting. ;+)
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    RNG is good and giveth!
    yellowflag.png Spirit of Wakanda

That cover is my new favorite!

I am just leaving 3* land, but collecting e'body! so in a week where I realized my lowly place as I ceilinged out in CW(back to the grind mills with you!) RNG hath smiled on me!
    yellowflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png BLACK PANTHER star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    yellowflag.png

I already love team-ups! they are great to give with that exp boost! I love when my alliance sends me chars I might not have yet or under-covered. but now I have this whole new appreciation for Team-up tiles and powers that interact! I need to take a closer look at who has high match damage and do some wiki time to find fun uses

I am sitting back and whooping it up with icon_ms_marvel.png & the King! -his vibranium armor just tanks everything and she's making it rain in cascades!
    I am pretending she's actually Dazzler!
    I tried him with Ororo icon_storm.png too, with similar results. I haven't tried him w 4clops yet but uncanny strategist and the combined forces options sound fun. If they do ever get Emma Frost; she should totes interact with TU's. Her diamond power could make like crit dam or something when you match them. which would also make her teamable with scott again! Can Quake target TU's? I was even thinking about Bullseye greenflag.png ?
    I am having so much fun with MPQ right now! the game is strictly better now than when I started. I feel like if I had to start over right now, I would still love it! I am excited to eventually cover Riri/medusa/carol and for me now; BP is awesome!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    When does Black Panther get put into Latest Legends?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon wrote:
    When does Black Panther get put into Latest Legends?
    Two weeks after Civil War, in other Words February 20th at the latest. They are trying something new for this release.
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Any concensus on if black panther is good? Where does he rank in 5 star world?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    https://youtu.be/5fNiqGdYuzs

Character analysis video. It seems his red skill is currently bugged. It isn't activating properly when damaged. He would be pretty good with that fixed, but right now he pretty much only has two skills. His black is not that great, unless you use him with Black Bolt and/or Dr. Strange. With those two, PvE will be even faster. Just throw down black and you can kill a 30k health character in 2-3 turns. PvP, he will be one of those few characters that even boosted Iceman can't fight as well because of his red. Otherwise, he is bad on defense. On offense, I think he is pretty high up there. Below Thanos for sure though. Its really hard to tell how good he is until they fix his red, as that in theory should be saving health packs.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Is there any way we could get some extra differentiation on which enemy we're using BP's Black power on? I got a black cover for him from one of the Hail to the King tokens (YAY!) so I tried him out in the Deadpool Daily Big Enchilada. I was going to use his black on one of the Doombots in the second round, but all three of them have the same symbol, and there's no real way to differentiate which one is which.

Granted, this isn't a problem in PvP...and when fighting LVL 110 Doombots with a 5-star character isn't not all that important either. However, it would be more useful when fighting down three LVL 300+ Muscles to know which one to target to take extra damage.

Edit - I also found that they don't stack. You can have two of them target the same person, but only one has any effect. It would also be have someone already targeted by his Black to be X-ed out in the "Choose your target" window.

YES. THIS! I posted the following on the suggestions and feedback board.

Hey guys, great job with this character, really love playing with him, but I've noticed something about the Panther's Prey power that's a little frustrating.

I'm currently using him a lot in the Unstable Iso-8 event and the issue comes when I try and use this power on a node featuring nothing but Maggia goons. I can be playing a node with a Muscle, Thug and Hitman goon, but when I go to use Panther's Prey, the icons are all the same pistol. It makes it really difficult to know which goon to target specifically.

Sometimes I'll guess and get it right, but usually not. This is especially annoying when you're trying to finish off a specific goon before a countdown tile resolves.

It's not just the Maggia, either. Any node featuring goons of the three same affiliation just shows the same icon for all three, making it very difficult to know which one you're trying to specifically target.

Would there be a way to clear up the confusion? I was thinking a possible solution would be to add a highlight or glow effect to the icon for the character that's currently in front being targeted for damage.

For instance, say it's a node with Muscle, Thug and Hitman, and the Muscle has a tile resolving soon and I want to target him for extra damage, but Thug is in front. Say I go to use Panther's Prey and the icon list comes up. Even though Thug is in the front, his icon may be the one on the right. So that particular icon would be glowing. He's not the one I want to target, so I bring Muscle to the front and open Panther's Prey. Now the icon on the left is glowing. Since Muscle is the one I want to target, I'll know that's the correct icon to select.

I would urge you in the strongest terms possible to please consider changing this in some way. It doesn't have to be my suggestion either, if you guys can find a simpler/better way to clear up the confusion, I'm all for it. It just needs to be tweaked somehow, then it will be perfect.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    What do people think of Blank Panther? He's been out for a while now and I've run into a few champed ones in PVP. How is he on offense? No one seems to be too excited about him.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    What do people think of Blank Panther? He's been out for a while now and I've run into a few champed ones in PVP. How is he on offense? No one seems to be too excited about him.

I don't have him anywhere near champed (he's a 1/0/1 in my roster) but the people who have him champed probably have Old Man Logan champed. Since they have the same color scheme (right down to one active and two passive), they're essentially redundant. Since OML is a true healer and can end the match once his other powers go active, I'm guessing more people will be using him than 5-star Black Panther.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

I don't have him anywhere near champed (he's a 1/0/1 in my roster) but the people who have him champed probably have Old Man Logan champed. Since they have the same color scheme (right down to one active and two passive), they're essentially redundant. Since OML is a true healer and can end the match once his other powers go active, I'm guessing more people will be using him than 5-star Black Panther.

I dunno about panther but I do think the forum over values Oml because of true heal
    He's very easy to play against.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used a Panthers Prey TU last night, I selected OML (at least pretty sure I did), and saw no extra damage as I hit him repeatedly with powers/match damage.

Curious if anyone has experienced the same with his TU. Would report in bugs but want to make sure I'm not dumb first.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

I dunno about panther but I do think the forum over values Oml because of true heal
    He's very easy to play against.

Your statements are not mutually exclusive OLG. OML can be properly rated AND still be easy to play against.

There are definitely still plenty of people on the forums who think OML is the best 5* by a huge margin and they are wrong. But i would continue to argue that he is the best first 5* for anyone to get. True healing is incredibly useful in a game that aggressively gates playtime behind healthpacks.

It seems unlikely that 5BP will dsiplace oml's all-around utility, and if i want to win a single match there are better 5* options than either of them (e.g. thanos or BB). So whatever his value in a vacuum, 5BP seems destined to obscurity by his color/active power scheme alone.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    It seems unlikely that 5BP will dsiplace oml's all-around utility, and if i want to win a single match there are better 5* options than either of them (e.g. thanos or BB). So whatever his value in a vacuum, 5BP seems destined to obscurity by his color/active power scheme alone.

Wouldn't be the first.

/meaningful glance at Bruce Banner
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am somewhat intrigued by the prospect of teaming Black Panther and Thanos together. If you can get Court Death to trigger you get some extra damage when Black Panther is unstunned. It's probably less powerful than Thanos and Black Bolt though...
    Is the red still bugged by the way? When I have faced Black Panther in PvP he has been less than impressive, but if one of his Powers isn't working properly that might explain the troubles he has had...