Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in Character Details
Black Panther (Civil War) icon_blackpanther.png
5 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At 255: HP: 12707 149/139/20/21/18/167/84/4.3x
At 450: HP: 51075 597/522/78/85/72/671/337/4.3x
    Panther's Prey 9 blacktile.png AP
    The Black Panther seeks vengeance. Choose an enemy and create a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board and the chosen character would take damage, they suffer an extra 975 damage.
      Level 2: Chosen character suffers an extra 1059 damage. Level 3: Creates a 4-turn CD tile. Level 4: Chosen character suffers an extra 1142 damage. Level 5: Creates a 5-turn CD tile, and the chosen character suffers an extra 1298 damage.
    At 450:
      Level 3: Creates a 4-turn CD tile, and the chosen character suffers an extra 4256 damage. Level 4: Chosen character suffers an extra 4592 damage. Level 5: Creates a 5-turn CD tile, and the chosen character suffers an extra 5219 damage.

Spirit of Wakanda 0 yellowtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) T'Challa summons the wisdom and power of those who were the Black Panther before him to lead his teammates to victory. Whenever you make a Yellow match, if you have 11 or more Team-Up AP, spend 10 Team-Up AP and deal an extra 5573 damage to the target.
      Level 2: Spend 9 TU AP to deal 5740 damage. Level 3: Spend 8 TU AP to deal 5907 damage. Level 4: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 6158 damage. Level 5: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 6715 damage.
    At 450
      Level 3: Spend 8 TU AP to deal 23746 damage. Level 4: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 24754 damage. Level 5: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 26994 damage.

Move... Or Be Moved 0 redtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Black Panther dodges his enemy's attack, then leaps back at them. If Black Panther would take 2787 or more damage, negate 50% of that damage and stun him for 2 turns.
    Whenever Black Panther returns from being Stunned or Invisible, he deals 2564 damage.
      Level 2: If Black Panther would take 2508 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 2703 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 3: If Black Panther would take 2230 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 2982 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 4: If Black Panther would take 1672 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 2982 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 5: If Black Panther would take 1533 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 3010 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.
    At 450:
      Level 3: If Black Panther would take 8961 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 11985 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 4: If Black Panther would take 6721 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 11985 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 5: If Black Panther would take 6161 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 12097 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.

Original Post:
    Any time now!

Black active: 9ap create a CD tile. While the cd is out, a selected enemy takes extra damage every time they receive any damage.

Yellow passive: deals extra damage and expends X teamup ap whenever a friendly yellow match is made AND the team has Y or more teamup ap.

Red passive: when BP would take X damage, apply mitigation and become stunned for 2 turns. Also, do Y damage when exiting stun OR invis.

Comments

• Tilesmasher
      Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
      Out on FB, 5*, 2 passives and an active.
    • Anon
      Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
      His art looks cool.
    • JangoLore
      JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
      Out on FB, 5*, 2 passives and an active.
      Ooh ooh, where?!?!?! Where on facebook?
    • hopper1979
      hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
      His yellow passive could be a game changer. On paper (no numbers) he looks really powerful especially on the right teams, (quick fast aoe teams or strong attack/strike tile teams) He might jump right into the top 3 5-stars...or his yellow might break the game icon_e_smile.gif
    • Vhailorx
      hopper1979 wrote:
      His yellow passive could be a game changer. On paper (no numbers) he looks really powerful especially on the right teams, (quick fast aoe teams or strong attack/strike tile teams) He might jump right into the top 3 5-stars...or his yellow might break the game icon_e_smile.gif

?? Yellow looks like the clear dump skill unless it does massive amounts of damage. Seems like he will be modeslty irritating to kill, since you will have to drop him with match damage or all within 2 rounds. But other than that he doesnt seem especially fast or dangerous. (Though i have been wrong before)
    • Anon
      I've read his Red passive like 5 times and still not clear on what it does.
    • willyswim
      willyswim Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
      Anon wrote:

He dodges the attack when its above a certain and when he comes out of the stun he does a bunch of damage. Also seems to have a passive where he does damage when exiting invis or stun.
    • Vhailorx
      Anon wrote:

Two part skill:

Part 1: if BP would take damage above a threshold, then bp mitigates some portion of that damage and stuns himself for 2 rounds.

Part 2: whenever BP returns from being stunned or invisible, he does damage to the targeted enemy.

The net effect is that if you target BP with a big damage power, he will avoid the damage, stun himself, and do a lot of damage to you when he returns from the stun. So you will have to be a bit careful when you fight him. But he can still be stunlocked easily enough.
    • willyswim
      willyswim Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
      PunMax and IW just got a new best friend because of that red power.
    • Anon
      Vhailorx wrote:
      Anon wrote:

Two part skill:

Part 1: if BP would take damage above a threshold, then bp mitigates some portion of that damage and stuns himself for 2 rounds.

Part 2: whenever BP returns from being stunned or invisible, he does damage to the targeted enemy.

The net effect is that if you target BP with a big damage power, he will avoid the damage, stun himself, and do a lot of damage to you when he returns from the stun. So you will have to be a bit careful when you fight him. But he can still be stunlocked easily enough.

Wow thats... pretty nuts actually. I guess AoE is the way to take him down?
    • Rhycar
      Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
      This all depends on his numbers, for health, match damage and power damage. Without that, he could be a dud or he could be elite, it's impossible to tell.

C'mon developers, show us what he's got!
    • cyineedsn
      cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
      Vhailorx wrote:
      hopper1979 wrote:

?? Yellow looks like the clear dump skill unless it does massive amounts of damage. Seems like he will be modeslty irritating to kill, since you will have to drop him with match damage or all within 2 rounds. But other than that he doesnt seem especially fast or dangerous. (Though i have been wrong before)

From the image they posted in the marvel news site:

At level 268 with 2 covers, when there's 11 TU AP, drains 9 TU to deal 5989 damage.
      At 3 covers, drain 8 TU to deal 6164 damage.

Hard to say without knowing what covers 4 and 5 do, but I guess we can extrapolate and figure that it will do 10k+ damage if you go from level 268->450. So... it's like a nuke that costs a moderate amount of AP, but technically isn't a nuke, so at the very least it'll be something you can use to nuke Dr.Strange.
    • Straycat
      Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
      His black is the broken version of Vision, and we remember how awesome that was
    • hopper1979
      His yellow even at 2-5 k a hit is devastating with the right people if it is applied like they described it. "Every time an opponent takes damage" So let look at a single turn:

1. Match damage + 2-5k not including damage boosting tiles
      2. Attack tiles another 2-5 k (I am going to assume they are all applied as a single target) if not hello Storm...game over
      3. Unique attack characters (4lade, Chulk, Kingpin, 4Pool, Prof-X, Dr Strange, Thanos, Johny Storm etc) another 2-5 each time they do damage so multiples damage applications from Kingpin, 4Pool, Prof-X Dr Strange Thanos etc.
      4. Other teammates powers especially AOE (2-5K)

Do you not see the potential with this power? You are talking about 6-15 K extra damage to a single target a turn not to mention aoe's your teammates cast. This power is nuts and the other two look solid.
    • Vhailorx
      hopper1979 wrote:
      His yellow even at 2-5 k a hit is devastating with the right people if it is applied like they described it. "Every time an opponent takes damage" So let look at a single turn:

1. Match damage + 2-5k not including damage boosting tiles
      2. Attack tiles another 2-5 k (I am going to assume they are all applied as a single target) if not hello Storm...game over
      3. Unique attack characters (4lade, Chulk, Kingpin, 4Pool, Prof-X, Dr Strange, Thanos, Johny Storm etc) another 2-5 each time they do damage so multiples damage applications from Kingpin, 4Pool, Prof-X Dr Strange Thanos etc.
      4. Other teammates powers especially AOE (2-5K)

Do you not see the potential with this power? You are talking about 6-15 K extra damage to a single target a turn not to mention aoe's your teammates cast. This power is nuts and the other two look solid.

Are we talking about the same power? Yellow is a team up based power. When you make a friendly yellow match AND have some minimum amount of TU ap, you can spend some of that TU ap to do extra damage. That seems decent. But it's value will depend on how much damage you can do and how much TU ap you need to do it. The marvel.com preview images suggest that the damage you can do will be massive, but the threshold is pretty high. it costs 9 ap to do 6k damage with only 2 covers at level 268. That's solid, and promises even better efficiency with more covers. But it requires having 11 ap. (So another way to describe this power would be to say that it costs 11 TU ap, does 6k damage, returns 2 ap, and ends the turn. It's even a little bit worse than that because you are forced to make a yellow match that may or may not be what you would like to do.) I suspect that it will max out around 30k for a 450 with 5 colors and will consume 6 teamup AP. That's solid. But IM46 can do 20k+ for 9ap with the right teammates, and GG can do the same for only 8 ap. So slightly more efficient damage in exchange for slightly different and harder to reach requirements.

It kinda sounds more like you are talking about black, which puts out a CD and while that CD is on the board, a selected character takes extra damage every time that character would take damage from any source. This one seems potentially dangerous when combined with attach tiles, elektra's trap tile, Torch's green CD, 4* Blade's red, or any other power that creates a new source of damage. You could potentially get this ability to proc 3+ times a turn if you really worked hard. That's pretty useful on offense, especially since it looks like it will hit for ~8k a pop at 450 with 5 covers. but since the ai is dumb as a rock it will be **** on defense. The ai will never pick the correct target, nor will it sequence its ability use to proc the power as much as possible.
    • hopper1979
      You are correct, I misread the color. And after rereading it again it is not quite as good as I initially thought but it still is extremely powerful. Still going from the math above you are talking anywhere between 6-15+ K extra damage to a marked character in a turn you are still talking about taking down a 4 star in a single turn now but thankfully it is not as broken as I was stating earlier. He will match perfectly with 4-Deadpool and a few other who can do multiple damage attacks each turn. Looking forward to seeing him in action. I have a sneaky suspicion 4pool will gain even more popularity once Black Panther is released because of the way their powers work.
    • atomzed
      atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
      His red passive will be a pain to deal with.

use a big damage move on him, and he avoids it totally. and he comes back to smack you after his stun.

the usual counter will be to use a stun on him, so that you can use a move on him. but that will also mean that he gets to smack you after his stun.
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      I wonder if Black Panther, Black Widow and Spider-man would work as a fivestar team... Black Panther stuns himself, Widow automatically stuns an enemy, Spider-man goes invisible. Full Rainbow coverage too, though there's no yellow Active and two black Actives...
    • Piro_plock
      Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
      edited February 2017
      Quebbster wrote:
      I wonder if Black Panther, Black Widow and Spider-man would work as a fivestar team... Black Panther stuns himself, Widow automatically stuns an enemy, Spider-man goes invisible. Full Rainbow coverage too, though there's no yellow Active and two black Actives...
      Ha, I like the idea. Does Nat stun an enemy when an ally self-stuns (IM40, 3Cyke etc.)?

EDIT: I tried this out. Nat DOES stun enemy when one of your allies stuns himself. Panther self-stun might be problematic though, because it happens on enemy turn... When it's your turn again, the enemy isn't stunned anymore and Spidey won't be invisible.
    • Polares
      Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited February 2017
      BP's red, depending on the upper levels, it can be really annoying, like REALLY annoying. Depending when it triggers and the amount of damage that it does when he returns this can be a really really good power. I guess AoE will not trigger this though.
      Yellow can be really nice for me too because I never use Team Up AP, so extra damage when matching yellow can be nice. But if you have to collect to many team up aps it will lose the appeal (11 is definitely too much).
      Black though, just looks like a very weird strike tile, I guess it will do much more damage than normal strike tiles (looks like A LOT more if we see the pre release images), but it looks like it is a strike tile that just works against one enemy in particular and for a set duration instead than against all and while in the board like all other strike tiles.

Let's hope we get the final number soon. He looks interesting, but like always, until we get the final numbers we can't be sure how good he is.