***** Black Panther (Civil War) *****

1235

Comments

  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I am somewhat intrigued by the prospect of teaming Black Panther and Thanos together. If you can get Court Death to trigger you get some extra damage when Black Panther is unstunned. It's probably less powerful than Thanos and Black Bolt though...
    Is the red still bugged by the way? When I have faced Black Panther in PvP he has been less than impressive, but if one of his Powers isn't working properly that might explain the troubles he has had...

    No it's not. I fought one this morning, hit him with a power, which did less damage. Panther then stunned himself and gave me a kitty scratch when he returned. Seems to be working normally now.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I am somewhat intrigued by the prospect of teaming Black Panther and Thanos together. If you can get Court Death to trigger you get some extra damage when Black Panther is unstunned. It's probably less powerful than Thanos and Black Bolt though...
    Is the red still bugged by the way? When I have faced Black Panther in PvP he has been less than impressive, but if one of his Powers isn't working properly that might explain the troubles he has had...

    No it's not. I fought one this morning, hit him with a power, which did less damage. Panther then stunned himself and gave me a kitty scratch when he returned. Seems to be working normally now.
    Oh right, I remember him jumping away when he was the only one left. Of course, it was fairly simple to take him out Before he unstunned himself. Don't know how much damage he would have done when he landed either...
  • Quest34Quest34 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Bp and thanos could be really quick as a hopping team. Destroy the loaner. Panther Stunned and after he returns he finishes who ever is left.
  • HighdarkHighdark Age Unconfirmed Posts: 75 Match Maker
    So i got my first BP cover(red) and looking at his abilties i cant imagine him being good. Could yall with a few covers explain to me how he is good and who pairs with him, because just by the look of him he looks awful. At least comparatively to other 5* like God king OML, thanos, and strange.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    Highdark wrote:
    So i got my first BP cover(red) and looking at his abilties i cant imagine him being good. Could yall with a few covers explain to me how he is good and who pairs with him, because just by the look of him he looks awful. At least comparatively to other 5* like God king OML, thanos, and strange.

    BP is not especially good. Weak on defense, and with damage numbers a bit a bit too low (except for yellow).

    Also OML isnt the 5* god king. BB and Thanos are probably better in pvp, and strange and possibly natasha are better against goons. GG and IM46 can both put out much more damage much faster than OML. OML remains relevant because (1) lots of people have him covered relative to other 5*s, and (2) he is best at playing 30 or 40 matches a day (which is kind of a thing in this game).

    (Note: i am not a 5* player, so all of my opinions are thought experiments. Take it fwiw!)
  • vudu3vudu3 Posts: 928 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Is the red still bugged by the way? When I have faced Black Panther in PvP he has been less than impressive, but if one of his Powers isn't working properly that might explain the troubles he has had...
    His red only triggers if you attack him with a single target ability (or match) that exceeds the threshold. If you hit him with an AOE it won't trigger.
  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Highdark wrote:
    So i got my first BP cover(red) and looking at his abilties i cant imagine him being good. Could yall with a few covers explain to me how he is good and who pairs with him, because just by the look of him he looks awful. At least comparatively to other 5* like God king OML, thanos, and strange.

    BP is not especially good. Weak on defense, and with damage numbers a bit a bit too low (except for yellow).

    Also OML isnt the 5* god king. BB and Thanos are probably better in pvp, and strange and possibly natasha are better against goons. GG and IM46 can both put out much more damage much faster than OML. OML remains relevant because (1) lots of people have him covered relative to other 5*s, and (2) he is best at playing 30 or 40 matches a day (which is kind of a thing in this game).

    (Note: i am not a 5* player, so all of my opinions are thought experiments. Take it fwiw!)

    ^^^Exactly my opinion of OML. He saves health packs and nothing more. He's a breeze to play against (as is thanos actually) but OML does make low level nodes easy as you don't need health packs.

    As for who does BP pair with...try Thanos. Kill one guy -thanos will AOE and stun your team. BP then returns from stun and downs another one, which will trigger Thanos AOE etc. It's almost an autopilot win
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    BP/Thanos/Strang3 has been my go-to Big Enchilada team ever since I pulled a Court Death cover. Once they start rolling the enemies die without me having to do anything other than match an occasional tile.
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 5: If Black Panther would take 6161 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 12097 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.

    Fought one of these today. With OML strike tiles plus a match 4, I did ~9k damage to Panther. He took it on the chin with no dodging.

    Does he only dodge powers, or is this just another bug?
  • Rick_OShayRick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Level 5: If Black Panther would take 6161 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 12097 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.

    Fought one of these today. With OML strike tiles plus a match 4, I did ~9k damage to Panther. He took it on the chin with no dodging.

    Does he only dodge powers, or is this just another bug?
    There was an issue the first few weeks that he was new where strike tile damage was not being calculated onto the damage value of his MobM dodge, whether it was from matches or powers.
    Maybe it's broken again? Was it ever actually fixed? icon_e_confused.gif
  • V1rusHunterV1rusHunter Age Unconfirmed Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Not much info in this link
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59007
  • OneLastGambitOneLastGambit Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Level 5: If Black Panther would take 6161 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 12097 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.

    Fought one of these today. With OML strike tiles plus a match 4, I did ~9k damage to Panther. He took it on the chin with no dodging.

    Does he only dodge powers, or is this just another bug?
    There was an issue the first few weeks that he was new where strike tile damage was not being calculated onto the damage value of his MobM dodge, whether it was from matches or powers.
    Maybe it's broken again? Was it ever actually fixed? icon_e_confused.gif

    Because strike tile damage is (again) being added after initial damage this is why Panther red did not trigger. Bug patch is needed again.
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think his black TU is broken too, or I'm misunderstanding it.

    I put the CD out, it stayed out til resolving, but the target I selected only took extra damage once, not on every match/attack.
  • jtmageejtmagee Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Why doesn't his red power trigger on big AOE attacks? His power doesn't say whether it's limited or not to just single target damage.
  • DeNappaDeNappa Posts: 901 Critical Contributor
    Something I dislike is that his black power is kinda random if you're fighting goons. I wanted to target a specific goon today, but the 'target' selector only displays 3 icons so I have no idea which I had to pick. (Of course I picked the wrong one)
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    Something I dislike is that his black power is kinda random if you're fighting goons. I wanted to target a specific goon today, but the 'target' selector only displays 3 icons so I have no idea which I had to pick. (Of course I picked the wrong one)

    Ha! another little reminder that a lot of elements of this game just don't seem to be tested in real world situations before release. . .
  • Tiger_WongTiger_Wong Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I love using him with IW. They just blend quite well. Panthers Prey to Turn Invisible to Force Field Crush to Move or be Moved in a couple of turns and you're usually crushing two characters. Been teaming them with Elektra (rainbow, defense, unhittability, and a little AP steal) and Medusa (Panthers Prey tacks on to Medusas CD, then your match or power, and then your attack tile. That damage adds up.)

    Funny thing i found found about Panthers Prey..... if Daken doesn't have enough blue tiles on the field and damages himself, Panthers Prey tacks on to it too. 
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have started seeing Black Panther quite a bit in high level PvP, so I guess he must be at least decent after all. He's usually paired with Thanos though, so I guess the attraction is in the. Court Death + Move or be moved double whammy. I have been on the receiving end of the combo a few times and it's definitely brutal.
    Without owning him myself (yet...) I might put him at around Black Widow's level - part of a very potent two-man team but a bit lackluster solo.
    He benefited a bit from OML's nerf too since OML is no longer the clearly superior option for those colors.
  • SeveredSynapseSeveredSynapse Age Unconfirmed Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    One suggested tweak to (Move... Or Be Moved 0 redtilepng AP ):

      Thematically, strategically, and mechanically this doesn't make sense...

    Every time someone takes a big swing at Black Panther, he dodges... BUT... he decides to lay-down and take a narcoleptic cat-nap ?!?!?!??! 

      Who in their right mind would dodge a punch then completely drop all defenses and sleep ... giving their opponent two more rounds of coup de grace opportunities????

      I understand an uncanny dodge leading to an inability to retaliate... but not a complete disruption in defense and consciousness.

    Suggested Change:
     *** When triggered after a dodge ***  --- instead of self-stun ... Black Panther should be Airborne for two rounds (completely out of the fight offensively but also not vulnerable to damage). 
      This makes more sense thematically as well... one of the defining characteristics of his fighting style (from my personal opinion) is that he is extremely agile.  His agility can allow him to leap-away from battle to avoid taking the brunt of a massive attack...  and while he is flying/tumbling away, he can plan his retaliation as he pounces back into the fray.
        ---> his retaliation should reasonably trigger upon his return from being airborne whether by teammates (Gwenpool) or Opponents (Nova)

     *** The passive will ALSO have to account for Stun... whether by his teammates (Big Pun, Thanos) or opponents ... so this portion of the passive can remain un-changed.


    I think these changes would certainly fit and be more aligned with game-play on the 5* tier level. 

    I understand that cats of prey are only on their paws for 4-hours a day... but any self-respecting predatory feline would know that mid-combat is not an appropriate time for a cat-nap!
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying out my new champion Panther, I found an amusing combo: Use Panther's Prey on the opponent's Dr 5trange. This triggers Flames of the Faltine. Move or be moved activates off the Flames damage and 5trange is in for a world of hurt. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.