***** Black Panther (Civil War) *****

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    Does Nat stun an enemy when an ally self-stuns (IM40, 3Cyke etc.)?
    No, sorry. Self damage or self stun never trigger these type of conditions.
    I tried BSS/Nat/IM40 - she stunned an enemy when Recharge resolved.
    (also, I edited my previous post)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Panther could be really fun with Mohawk or Original Storm since their yellow Powers collect teamup AP. Quite appropriate for a Royal couple. It's a shame the Storms are several tiers beneath him, but it's something to keep in mind when the Category-5 PvP rolls around at least.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Does Nat stun an enemy when an ally self-stuns (IM40, 3Cyke etc.)?
    No, sorry. Self damage or self stun never trigger these type of conditions.
    I tried BSS/Nat/IM40 - she stunned an enemy when Recharge resolved.
    (also, I edited my previous post)

Mmmm this surprise me quite a bit. Maybe it stunned one dead enemy and then I didn't notice. I will try again later today ( If I was wrong I'll obviously change the comment icon_razz.gif )

Edit: Yep you are right, it works. I had to test it twice because the first time it was in DDQ and Ultron was in the other team, and of course he was the one chosen icon_razz.gif
    Piro_plock wrote:
    EDIT: I tried this out. Nat DOES stun enemy when one of your allies stuns himself. Panther self-stun might be problematic though, because it happens on enemy turn... When it's your turn again, the enemy isn't stunned anymore and Spidey won't be invisible.

And regarding this, I guess most of the time what you want is your char invisible during the other team's turn, when they fire abilities and do match damage, so that would be alright then.
  • Melac
    Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    So, 5*Thanos's black just got an extra bit of fun to the end of his stun.
    And BP will give you an active in Thanos's passive colour.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    And.... he's team iron man.

Totally kidding. I have no idea.

Oh wait. He really is on team iron man. Sorry Cap. When we said you could have your own team... we really meant it. It's all yours.
  • Polares
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Oh wait. He really is on team iron man. Sorry Cap. When we said you could have your own team... we really meant it. It's all yours.

Next 5 really needs to be team Cap, even if he is the Red Skull! (Devs should make Natasha team Cap)

This is another 'buff' To IM46, now Spidey, SS and BP are team IM, so it is much easier to have a full team IM team. Now If I could champ IM this year icon_razz.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Next 5 really needs to be team Cap, even if he is the Red Skull! (Devs should make Natasha team Cap)

This is another 'buff' To IM46, now Spidey, SS and BP are team IM, so it is much easier to have a full team IM team. Now If I could champ IM this year icon_razz.gif

I don't have a problem with making BP team IM (though I have never liked the team IM mechanic on IM46's red. playing with a specific team should not take a power from "not too bad" to "highest efficiency in game"). But it's a complete joke that Team Cap still doesn't have any 5* members. Could demi indicate any more clearly that they don't care about the practical realities of the 5* playspace at all? Sure, it's less than 1% of your player base now. but it's also the theoretical pinnacle of your game and the theoretical incentive to keep everyone grinding for years.. Maybe take some time to improve the experience there?
  • Piro_plock
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I don't have a problem with making BP team IM (though I have never liked the team IM mechanic on IM46's red. playing with a specific team should not take a power from "not too bad" to "highest efficiency in game".
    I agree wholeheartedly. With a right team composition, The Winning Team damage is practically tripled. Maybe it should work more like the reworked 5* Cap red (from 7AP gained to max 11AP gained - about 57% better)? On the other hand, for Cap the additional AP is a side effect - the ability is almost as useful with or without Team Cap members. No Team IM allies and Tony's red is basically useless. Maybe that's why he has more partners available?
  • Quest34
    Quest34 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Anyone out there with a sandboxed account that could help get us find what his numbers look like at level 450.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Full stats:

Black Panther (Civil War) icon_blackpanther.png
    5 Star Rarity (Legendary)
    At 255: HP: 12707 149/139/20/21/18/167/84/4.3x
    At 450: HP: 51075 597/522/78/85/72/671/337/4.3x
      Panther's Prey 9 blacktile.png AP
      The Black Panther seeks vengeance. Choose an enemy and create a 3-turn Black Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board and the chosen character would take damage, they suffer an extra 975 damage.
        Level 2: Chosen character suffers an extra 1059 damage. Level 3: Creates a 4-turn CD tile. Level 4: Chosen character suffers an extra 1142 damage. Level 5: Creates a 5-turn CD tile, and the chosen character suffers an extra 1298 damage.
      At 450:
        Level 3: Creates a 4-turn CD tile, and the chosen character suffers an extra 4256 damage. Level 4: Chosen character suffers an extra 4592 damage. Level 5: Creates a 5-turn CD tile, and the chosen character suffers an extra 5219 damage.

Spirit of Wakanda 0 yellowtile.png AP
      (PASSIVE) T'Challa summons the wisdom and power of those who were the Black Panther before him to lead his teammates to victory. Whenever you make a Yellow match, if you have 11 or more Team-Up AP, spend 10 Team-Up AP and deal an extra 5573 damage to the target.
        Level 2: Spend 9 TU AP to deal 5740 damage. Level 3: Spend 8 TU AP to deal 5907 damage. Level 4: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 6158 damage. Level 5: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 6715 damage.
      At 450
        Level 3: Spend 8 TU AP to deal 23746 damage. Level 4: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 24754 damage. Level 5: Spend 7 TU AP to deal 26994 damage.

Move... Or Be Moved 0 redtile.png AP
      (PASSIVE) Black Panther dodges his enemy's sttack, then leaps back at them. If Black Panther would take 2787 or more damage, negate 50% of that damage and stun him for 2 turns.
      Whenever Black Panther returns from being Stunned or Invisible, he deals 2564 damage.
        Level 2: If Black Panther would take 2508 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 2703 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 3: If Black Panther would take 2230 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 2982 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 4: If Black Panther would take 1672 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 2982 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 5: If Black Panther would take 1533 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 3010 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.
      At 450:
        Level 3: If Black Panther would take 8961 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 11985 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 4: If Black Panther would take 6721 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 11985 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible. Level 5: If Black Panther would take 6161 or more damage, negate 60% of it. Deal 12097 damage on return from being Stunned or Invisible.
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Not sure what build to go for, gains from 3 to 5 covers seem pretty marginal across the board. Yellow looks nasty though.
    • Straycat
      Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
      Quebbster wrote:
      Not sure what build to go for, gains from 3 to 5 covers seem pretty marginal across the board. Yellow looks nasty though.

Oh so thats what its like for a 5* to be usable at 1 cover. Thats what they wanted when introducing 5*s, took them 12 tries to get it right.
    • Jaedenkaal
      Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Quebbster wrote:

5/4/4 seems like it would be pretty reasonable.
    • Vhailorx
      Straycat wrote:
      Quebbster wrote:

Oh so thats what its like for a 5* to be usable at 1 cover. Thats what they wanted when introducing 5*s, took them 12 tries to get it right.

OML is usable for somethings at 1 cover, provided the cover was yellow. And he is quite useful at 1/1/1. It's just all the other 5*s that are fairly useless (except for match damage) until they have a bunch of covers on them. So it really only took them two tries, but they are batting 2/12 so far. . .

Also, full stats added to original post.
    • Piro_plock
      Does the black activate on each separate match in a cascade? Because if it does, it's got a nice damage potential.

Hm. After a bit of consideration, I think it's kind of similar to Imaginaut, only better (sans the countdown incrementing on R/G/Y match)
    • Vhailorx
      Piro_plock wrote:
      Does the black activate on each separate match in a cascade? Because if it does, it's got a nice damage potential.

Hm. After a bit of consideration, I think it's kind of similar to Imaginaut, only better (sans the countdown incrementing on R/G/Y match)

That's how i read it. If it is capped and can only proc a few times per turn then it won't be very good. But if you build a team that can get it to proc multiple times (say GG for bombs and Strange for both his blue and yellow, or IM46 for his yellow CDs and cascades) then damage can really add up quickly.
    • Polares
      Piro_plock wrote:

Yeah like Imaginaut but it also triggers with other abilities. 5 turns is not bad. Not 100% sure if it will trigger with passives, it should, but who knows...

I would also like to know if red damage triggers every time BP goes from stun to normal state or just when he evades an attack. If it triggers always, then this power will be amazing, because stunning him would not stop it! The pity is that it will not evade BBolt or Strange passives or heavy strike tiles creators. I guess this power will also work against AoEs.

Yellow does a ton of damage, but it is not that good the first time it triggers (11 team up AP to reach minimum plus one yellow match, so that is at least 14AP) as the second time, the second time it 'just' needs 7+3, so it improves.

So, he seems quite good, like BW, interesting to play, but maybe not top tier. Let's see if any of the super whales or with sparrow versions post some impressions after playing him.
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      4clops was my first max 4*, so I played with him A LOT. I can tell you from that experience that this yellow power will be a pain because the AI always seems to go for the TU tiles.
    • Piro_plock
      edited February 2017
      I played around on my sandboxed account... He's quite good IMO.

Some remarks concerning his powers:
      - Black - it activates on every match, ability damage (even passive - tested with Flames of the Faltine), countdown damage, trap damage (like Elektra's Dance of Death)... Basically every separate hit counts. Strangely, the only exception is damage from attack tiles, but that might be a bug? Anyway, I was able to down a full-health 550 OML in 2 turns. I like it. Might be worth pairing him with Goblin to fortify the countdown and double dip on damage/boardshake from his bombs.

- Yellow - hits really hard, but seems rather slow. For PVE it might be funny pairing him with 2* Ms Marvel or 3* Storm, who can use yellow AP to generate TU AP.

- Red - I'm ambivalent about this one. Reducing damage is cool, but 2 turns of stun is kind of long. It seems it won't help evade AOE, but I'm not 100% sure (tested against 5* Thanos green which killed another teammate, so maybe Court Death stun activated before Panther passive). There are few characters that can stun or send him airborne (Thanos, PunMax, Colossus, Gwenpool), but I think it wouldn't be useful very often.
      EDIT: I misread the ability - it's not airborne, but invisible, so no use for Colossus or Gwenpool, heh. IW or Agent Venom might be good though.

Generally he seems like a fun character that plays a bit different than most 5*. Perhaps not top tier, but no wimp either.
    • Kjeldbjerg
      Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
      Red Sounds like fun with someone who makes teammates invisible, like 4pun. Any 5* that stun teammates or make them invisible?