Who should be next in line for balancing?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• KaioShinDE wrote:
    What do people think will happen to classic Magneto? He was on the official kill list, but I still spent a ton of ISO on him in recent weeks since I like how he plays and he was/is buffed in multiple tourneys.

His purple is one of the most damaging abilities in the game, but it's not that cheap. I could survive it if they increased the cost to 12, but then they better leave the damage alone. The blue is probably the most problematic, but it's very cruical for me to get through high level Maggia **** without spidey, since it can reliably and cheaply take out countdown tiles. I don't know how they want to balance it without making it useless. The red is super weak, but sometimes you get lucky and it opens up a completely stuck board.

I really don't know how they could change him beyond making purple slightly more expensive without breaking him. They could buff the red's damage I guess icon_twisted.gif

I hope they leave red and purple alone. Purple isn't that crazy unless it's buffed. Red isn't anything special. Blue is the only big issue. A lot of people believe tile strength will be increased and definitely the ap cost. I think they will probably do more drastic changes than this though. Not necessarily for better or worse but no cheap blue on offense.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    What do people think will happen to classic Magneto? He was on the official kill list, but I still spent a ton of ISO on him in recent weeks since I like how he plays and he was/is buffed in multiple tourneys.

His purple is one of the most damaging abilities in the game, but it's not that cheap. I could survive it if they increased the cost to 12, but then they better leave the damage alone. The blue is probably the most problematic, but it's very cruical for me to get through high level Maggia **** without spidey, since it can reliably and cheaply take out countdown tiles. I don't know how they want to balance it without making it useless. The red is super weak, but sometimes you get lucky and it opens up a completely stuck board.

I really don't know how they could change him beyond making purple slightly more expensive without breaking him. They could buff the red's damage I guess icon_twisted.gif

I hope they leave red and purple alone. Purple isn't that crazy unless it's buffed. Red isn't anything special. Blue is the only big issue. A lot of people believe tile strength will be increased and definitely the ap cost. I think they will probably do more drastic changes than this though. Not necessarily for better or worse but no cheap blue on offense.

I know I'm in the minority here, but Mags' Red is amazing. It opens up the board, is a good way of finishing off a weak enemy without wasted overkill, and it synergizes ridiculously with strike tiles. Patch or Punisher + Mags' red is ridiculous. I love my 5/5/3 Mags, but I think his red needs nerfing, And I think it is more likely to be nerfed than his blue or purple, since the Developers seem to be against an ability with an AP cost under 5 or 6.
  • To me, that's where Magneto is OP. His Red does damage and has the potential to create cascades (which is AP collection + more damage). For too little of an AP cost.

So, they need to bump up the AP costs and maybe slightly increase the damage output.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    To me, that's where Magneto is OP. His Red does damage and has the potential to create cascades (which is AP collection + more damage). For too little of an AP cost.

So, they need to bump up the AP costs and maybe slightly increase the damage output.

It's starting to trend that any character with a 2AP power is going to get nerfed. It's entirely too easy to spam 2AP powers.

After this event they should nerf Venom...he is completely overpowered when paired with Spiderman. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    since Wolverine and Thor were balanced to address the fact they were in every fight, Spiderman must follow suit to diminish his frequency.

Thorverine wasnt balanced (wasnt a nerf as they are actually still higher tier 2*s) because of overuse, they were just not in line with where the devs felt powers should be. That is the reason Mag/Spidey/OBW need balancing (again NOT nerfing!), they all have a very powerful skill that is cheap and therefore not in line with the "standard."
  • locked wrote:
    it took me reading the above post right after yours to realize that it's Modern HawkEye.
    People he's mHawkeye, mHawk, MHE is just illogical even.
    I've compiled a list of abbreviations here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3600

I agree that MHE is weird, but I'll add mHawk to the list!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    locked wrote:
    it took me reading the above post right after yours to realize that it's Modern HawkEye.
    People he's mHawkeye, mHawk, MHE is just illogical even.
    I've compiled a list of abbreviations here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3600

I agree that MHE is weird, but I'll add mHawk to the list!
    Thanks, I read it a while ago.

Magneto is maybe not OP, he's one of the strongest mutants on Earth after all, but he's definitely cheap icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    since Wolverine and Thor were balanced to address the fact they were in every fight, Spiderman must follow suit to diminish his frequency.

Thorverine wasnt balanced (wasnt a nerf as they are actually still higher tier 2*s) because of overuse, they were just not in line with where the devs felt powers should be. That is the reason Mag/Spidey/OBW need balancing (again NOT nerfing!), they all have a very powerful skill that is cheap and therefore not in line with the "standard."

I hear you but I'm pretty sure the devs also said they were funbalanced because people were complaining about overuse. They run reports for these stats and if the same 2* characters are used in 90% of the fights, they aren't making money. They make money by forcing people to buy covers with HP, and the best way to do that is to have every 3 star be used in similar frequency, then every 2 star. I've probably have spent $30 adding covers to 3 start but nothing adding covers to 2*. Wolverine was nerfed to a point, Thor wasn't in my opinion, he was just balanced. I think Thor is still a great character, whereas there is no reason to use 2* Wolverine anymore (since 3* Wolverine is better in every way, as it should be.)

In My mind again, Spiderman should be first in nerf line, then Magneto.
    In boost line, Wolverine Xforce, Invisible Woman, Im40,
  • Err, Magneto can routinely kill people on the second turn with a decent starting blue (as in, 5). You're overpowered when one of your ability can kill anyone from 100% to 0%, and that's still a weak ability compared to your other 2.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn it, I should have asked IceIX about when Mag's getting rebalanced. Considering pumping all my iso (30k) into him right now so that I can have fun with a 100 OP Mags for a while... I don't think putting that iso into C. Storm or someone from 6 to 50 would be as impactful as getting mags up to 100.
  • Damn it, I should have asked IceIX about when Mag's getting rebalanced. Considering pumping all my iso (30k) into him right now so that I can have fun with a 100 OP Mags for a while... I don't think putting that iso into C. Storm or someone from 6 to 50 would be as impactful as getting mags up to 100.

I've been putting my Iso 8 into Magneto. I figure the ability to win games as soon as you have 5 blue is worth it even for a short term gain and I doubt he'll become unusable even in the worst case.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Damn it, I should have asked IceIX about when Mag's getting rebalanced. Considering pumping all my iso (30k) into him right now so that I can have fun with a 100 OP Mags for a while... I don't think putting that iso into C. Storm or someone from 6 to 50 would be as impactful as getting mags up to 100.

I've been putting my Iso 8 into Magneto. I figure the ability to win games as soon as you have 5 blue is worth it even for a short term gain and I doubt he'll become unusable even in the worst case.

Yeah, I leveled him up to 95, and am planning on getting him to 100 before the balance changes. I think I'm just going to level most 3*s to 100 and spread out my iso, with the exception of black panther whom im getting to 141 as soon as I can get my hands on his covers.
  • Phantron wrote:

Yeah, I leveled him up to 95, and am planning on getting him to 100 before the balance changes. I think I'm just going to level most 3*s to 100 and spread out my iso, with the exception of black panther whom im getting to 141 as soon as I can get my hands on his covers.

This has been my goal. Getting all my 3*'s to the 100-115 range.
    So far I've managed rags doom hulk hood
    Mag c is capped at 92. Spidey is at 90. Punisher is my current project at 50
  • Problem with magneto is that ALL of his abilities are OP at higher levels. You don't really see what the big deal is if you got 3 blue 3 red but at 5 they are both op at 5. Both of them pretty much generate more AP than they use and do damage. 2 AP board shaker is pretty insane, usually ends up generating more ap than it uses although random colors. 5ap blue that overwrites 2 of any tiles is insane,even without endless cascades tihs ability would be op. And last 10ap OHK.
  • Phantron wrote:

I expect him.to be worked over hard honestly, if the wolverine nerf is any indication. I expect the red go change a dd ent amount. Yes, it could just be a 6 ap version if hulk's green, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got reworked the way thor's yellow was to match with thier goal of the character.

For the blue, I hope its moved go 6 and that's it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised (not completely unwarranted, regardless of making me personally unhappy) if they mo ed the blue back up to 8, the initial cost, and made the move less of a offensive move and mire what I think its original point was: a defensive board control move that enhanced the damage if his purple. It would be a pretty huge nerf though.

Purple I don't think changes that much in how it works. Either it works off red/blue. Stays based off blue (my preference) but the damage per a swap is lowered and/or the max swaps. Or the cost is increased to about 12. Heck, all 3 could happen.

I hope they don't nerf him too much, but he is certainly stronger than I believe the intended when they made him. Rag I think was a victim of "I was a boss" syndrome. Spidey I think had a cool mechanic that was interesting in theory but either too strong (2 ap) too weak (4+ ap) or too mediocre (3 ap) in practice. Grey suit is a victim of "let's make them really wan that last level" and in the process her green scales horribly. Fine in the context of these other good character, not likely intended to be so dominant though, as with the others. Obw just got a case if the "okay, we tried to make this work...but we can't figure out how to make a move do additional damage without it getting a buff from the strike tiles." Venom's old devour was pretty ridiculous. Loki was "cool idea, but its just way too powerful."

Flip side:
    im40 was built with a concept in mind. The concept though made the character a bit too weak.

Bagman IS a joke character.

Countdown tiles, in thier current very basic form, work on villians that build ap but not really on normal characters that don't. Of course, you cannot build your own ap without A. Making it available to your team (unfair) or B. A totally new piece of code to allow your character to hold ap separate to the group stored ap. Make the cd tiles function more like daredevil's traps giving them more longevity/resistance or give them more upside, like higher damage (or less downside, like lower cost).

Iw was a cool concept that they were trying to make sure wasn't op. In the process she was very very NOT op.

Xforce...where to start. His yellow utilizes countdowns, which are currently underpowred, and has a ridiculous mistake that after lvl 3 the countdown jumps from a too high for what it does 3 into a why? Why?!?! 7. His red is mediocre and outdamaged by many many skills. High cost ap moves have been either lowered or buffed, so his red will certainly see SOMETHING. GREEN....one word...joke. its like xforce is from soul calibur (voldo?!?!?) and they swapped his claws out for pixie sticks.
  • Yeah! And yoshimitsu just gets an actual pogo stick!