Who should be next in line for balancing?

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Posters like Phantron seem to live in a dream world where one of the squishiest and easiest to crush characters in the entire game is so difficult to handle that only a nerf can bring her in line. To quote a famous ancient philosopher, lrn2play noob.

And since you ninja edited in your last line after I wrote my response, I'll do an edit of my own here about it. You're conveniently forgetting that Spider-man, who is either the strongest or second strongest character in the game and probably the most frequently used by high level players, has a nice purple power too. Drop 3 purple protect tiles with Spidey and you're practically immune to match damage. Purple's hardly a dead color when he's in play, but somehow he didn't even occur to you.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    It's a chain effect that was created after nerfing storm. EVERY time you nerf someone, it gets another character noticed and then people want that character nerfed. I really think they should buff the characters that need bufging first to see if it balances the game. If not then you nerf.

Now this is a new argument I think. Haven't really had any1 say that. I can kind of see the point with chain nerfing. I think they have done pretty decent so far though. Rags and Loki maybe have been a tad to far but I'm hoping the 3rd abilities balance them. I mentioned at some point that I personally would prioritize 3rd abilities over everything, especially with respec coming.
    Maybe not in this thread. but the overall lacklusterness of the 2* lineup was brought up a lot in the the thorverine nerf thread. Those two stood out because the 2* line up is seriously lacking in immediate hard hitting ap moves. hell half of them are relatively useless until they hit 50+ and even then still get curb stomped by other 2*s 20+ levels on them or a 3 an the same level or higher. -to which you will be mmr'ed with-
    D3 is fixing symptoms right now. I hold out hope that they inevitable address the illness when they are done.

and in leu of that, OBW will be nerfed. she stands out too much. if you have a high level 2* team or a good 3* that can knock out her 2k HP within a whack or three will negate her. but anything less than that and a mid-high level OBW is the bane of your existence. and the low midlevel game is filthy with her. You can deny it all you want but she is the spider-man of 2*s. If they are gonna funbalance him up then you know She will be funbalanced too. I look forward to the rivers of salty tears.
  • WE are the reason characters go from normal to op or common. It's like the characters are the candy and we are the children. We run from one to the next. We cause nerfs on ourselves. Omg Rags too powerful! Nerf. Omg Thors too powerful! Nerf. Omg Loki is too powerful! Nerf. Omg Spiderman is to powerful! Soon to be nerfed. Omg C- Storm too powerful! Nerf. I wish some of you would just shut up.
  • And all the parrots are still missing the fact that you're only looking at it from 1 viewpoint. She's OP as an attacker. Not a defender.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    WE are the reason characters go from normal to op or common. It's like the characters are the candy and we are the children. We run from one to the next. We cause nerfs on ourselves. Omg Rags too powerful! Nerf. Omg Thors too powerful! Nerf. Omg Loki is too powerful! Nerf. Omg Spiderman is to powerful! Soon to be nerfed. Omg C- Storm too powerful! Nerf. I wish some of you would just shut up.

Maybe because they are too powerful? I don't see why you would think keeping anything along the same power level as 2AP thunderclap could be good for the game.
  • Unity wrote:
    WE are the reason characters go from normal to op or common. It's like the characters are the candy and we are the children. We run from one to the next. We cause nerfs on ourselves. Omg Rags too powerful! Nerf. Omg Thors too powerful! Nerf. Omg Loki is too powerful! Nerf. Omg Spiderman is to powerful! Soon to be nerfed. Omg C- Storm too powerful! Nerf. I wish some of you would just shut up.

Agreed, and you left out C-Magneto and A-Wolverine from your list. Don't you see what's happening here, people? We've gone from nerfing some characters that really were out of line to nerfing characters that are where ALL covers should be. Every hero or villain should be as fun and useful as OBW, or Ares, or Hulk, or Punisher, or Patch, or whatever. Instead, the devs are going to keep hammering away until there's no fun left to be had. The announced nerfs should be the last. Buffs should be the order of the day once Spidey and Classic Magneto are done.
  • Unity wrote:

Maybe because they are too powerful? I don't see why you would think keeping anything along the same power level as 2AP thunderclap could be good for the game.

You missed the point. I was trying to say how people are constantly complaining. Try processing words slower.
  • Unity wrote:
    WE are the reason characters go from normal to op or common. It's like the characters are the candy and we are the children. We run from one to the next. We cause nerfs on ourselves.
    If you mean because people complain about them then i agree. if you mean because we overuse them youre wrong. To answer the op, spidey should have his stun cost increased to at least 6, Obw is cool as is because everyone has her, she's just tougher now that the 2 stars that can beat her fastest have been nerfed. As I've said on other threads, nerfs only lead to more nerfs
    Edit:you're last post came out while I was typing I get what you're saying now
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Obw is cool as is because everyone has her
    That sure stopped them from nerfing thorverine and Rags2riches.
    Denial is a river in Egypt.
  • I also think the people who use the forums manipulate the game, characters, pve, and pvp more than the ones that don't. Instead of playing we complain and try to find our way around things.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    Obw is cool as is because everyone has her
    That sure stopped them from nerfing thorverine and Rags2riches.
    Denial is a river in Egypt.
    I meant they shouldn't nerf her, not that they won't.
  • Everyone who says OBW is to easy to beat is missing the point. Yes she is squishy and yes you can beat her when the AI plays her, however that means nothing. Since when is how the AI plays a character the measure of if a character is overpowered or not? As already pointed out the AI play classic Mags like **** too, same with Spidey, same with pretty much any character that doesn't have a super cheap ability (post fun balance no-one) or a passive. So how the AI plays something or if you avoid a paticular character is not how to measure if they are overpowered.

Put simply name any three star utlity character that you would chose over OBW. Probably isn't one. All three of OBWs abilities are almost guarnteed to be used every match. Can't say that for the Hood. Like I said earlier after the current fun balance list is complete I can almost guarntee everyone will be using her and that, along with AP cost, is how MPQ has been deciding who to nerf. They have openly stated that they don't want to see everyone using the same team. SO EXPECT A OBW NERF!
  • Rorex wrote:
    Put simply name any three star utlity character that you would chose over OBW.

Spider-man, 100% of the time.
  • Marquoz wrote:
    Rorex wrote:
    Put simply name any three star utlity character that you would chose over OBW.

Spider-man, 100% of the time.

This. Also, if you want to use GSBW, you can't use OBW so for those who have GSBW covers OBW doesn't even factor in.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If developers don't want everyone to use the same team then please give out more free covers so that people will start using other characters beside OBW
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My oBW team gets beaten every time, 100% of the time, yes, she can be fast on offense, so what? Ares is much deadlier with his cheap moves. But I use her w/ Daken, mStorm, Thor or others because I don't have anyone better! I would be using cStorm or Ares or Spidey or Patch or Punisher or Hood more, but I don't have enough covers for them. Meanwhile my oBW is already cover capped and leveled to the max; a respectable build of 3-5-5. And you know what? Gets beaten on defense every time, 100% of the time. IF YOU LOSE TO OBW YOU JUST GOT UNLUCKY/SCREWED YOURSELF! She is not a factor, at all. Hate to say that but she indeed attracts hordes of attackers, so overpowered indeed.
    Tired of this senseless arguments already.
  • locked wrote:
    My oBW team gets beaten every time, 100% of the time, yes, she can be fast on offense, so what? Ares is much deadlier with his cheap moves. But I use her w/ Daken, mStorm, Thor or others because I don't have anyone better! I would be using cStorm or Ares or Spidey or Patch or Punisher or Hood more, but I don't have enough covers for them. Meanwhile my oBW is already cover capped and reaching level cap; a respectable build of 3-5-5. And you know what? Gets beaten on defense every time, 100% of the time. IF YOU LOSE TO OBW YOU JUST GOT UNLUCKY/SCREWED YOURSELF! She is not a factor, at all. Hate to say that but she indeed attracts hordes of attackers, so overpowered indeed.

Someone's mad they don't have the covers they want.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I will get all the covers eventually, like any other player. I wouldn't want all the covers in the game right now because that would kill all the fun. The problem is to get enough ISO to level all the covers and enough HP for new slots.

Someone's mad they manage to lose to oBW because of the mystic potential damage stolen.
    And because of the obnoxious idea that some 3*** characters set the ceiling for 2** heroes' abilities. Not a single character in the game can remove env. tiles besides 1* Storm, are you fretting over this? No. Stop fretting over the fact that the Hood and Daredevil and Psylocke and whoever steal AP in a different way. Different = good.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    locked wrote:
    My oBW team gets beaten every time, 100% of the time, yes, she can be fast on offense, so what? Ares is much deadlier with his cheap moves. But I use her w/ Daken, mStorm, Thor or others because I don't have anyone better! I would be using cStorm or Ares or Spidey or Patch or Punisher or Hood more, but I don't have enough covers for them. Meanwhile my oBW is already cover capped and reaching level cap; a respectable build of 3-5-5. And you know what? Gets beaten on defense every time, 100% of the time. IF YOU LOSE TO OBW YOU JUST GOT UNLUCKY/SCREWED YOURSELF! She is not a factor, at all. Hate to say that but she indeed attracts hordes of attackers, so overpowered indeed.

Not only is (s)he overly pissed off, but completely missing the main points of the discussion. I dont think Ive actually seen anyone call for a nerfing, rather just pointing out that she is not inline with the stated (and deleted) balancing goals of the devs. Her AR is way out of line with the other chars available, the closest comparison is a 3* char without quality alternative covers. The math, and theory, have both been covered. If they still cant see that she is out of line (but not necessarily OP) with the direction that the devs are going....well, there is just no convincing some people.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Not only is (s)he overly pissed off, but completely missing the main points of the discussion. I dont think Ive actually seen anyone call for a nerfing, rather just pointing out that she is not inline with the stated (and deleted) balancing goals of the devs. Her AR is way out of line with the other chars available, the closest comparison is a 3* char without quality alternative covers. The math, and theory, have both been covered. If they still cant see that she is out of line (but not necessarily OP) with the direction that the devs are going....well, there is just no convincing some people.

Don't tell me about 'general lines' and 'math' and 'correlation between 4, 3, 2 and 1 star abilities'. Because that's bullseye. The only defining feature of 3 stars compared to 2 stars should be their level cap, health, tile damage. As for abilities themselves, they should be as distinctive as possible. Oh and Daredevil is an average character overall, esp. on defense, so please don't take him as a trendsetter. Hood is different from oBW, but not worse, far from it.

IW still fails and pales after the fix, you think devs know their 'math'? There is no math! Some characters are just bad in AI's hands /on defense/ and you cannot fix it without changing their abilities. Not oBW's just because she's good on offense and average on defense. Yes, you hear me right, A-V-E-R-A-G-E. Even with the Espionage glitch, the 'cheap' steal and the heal.