*** Doctor Doom (Classic) ***

1141516171820»

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    My main is 3/5/5 and my dupe is 2/5/5, and will probably be 3/5/5 too. Having a black feeder is very helpful, and being able to change all the blues on the boards, leaves nothing to chance on if it'll trigger match 4s or 5s. I'd rather face a 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 Doom than a 3/5/5. Knowing that, means I'd want mine 3/5/5.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy ****, I was just using Doctor Doom with Patch, and Doom had covered all of the purple tiles on the board with traps... when I used Patch's 'Berserk Rage,' it didn't overwrite any of the trap tiles with enemy strike tiles. As such, the enemy got no strike tiles out of this move at all!

Have I just never paired these two up before? How have I overlooked this?

Does anyone know if his trap tiles won't be overwritten by friendly attacks/moves, or if they won't be overwritten by enemy attacks/moves as well? I imagine it's only the former.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Holy ****, I was just using Doctor Doom with Patch, and Doom had covered all of the purple tiles on the board with traps... when I used Patch's 'Berserk Rage,' it didn't overwrite any of the trap tiles with enemy strike tiles. As such, the enemy got no strike tiles out of this move at all!

Have I just never paired these two up before? How have I overlooked this?

Does anyone know if his trap tiles won't be overwritten by friendly attacks/moves, or if they won't be overwritten by enemy attacks/moves as well? I imagine it's only the former.

Towards the end of my 3* transition my a-team was patch (5/5/3) + doom (3/3/5) + Loki (2/5/5). This was right after those new powers were introduced in early 2015. Because I didn't have 5 black covers for loki, I used doom to keep the number of enemy strikes manageable. Eventually 3* ddq was released and I got my cage up to 5/5/1 and he replaced doom. But doom/patch was a great combo.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:
    Only the former.
  • screaminviking
    screaminviking Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone else noticed that the pop-up that comes up when Doom is laying his trap tile at the beginning of the turn says "Plotting..." now as opposed to the power name? I'm amused and approve.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's slow and annoying but I love it. Totally fitting of a megalomaniacal genius.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Actually faster. It always showed "Diabolical Plot" anyway, except it also showed "Diabolical Plot" whenever you matched away the traps, sometimes multiple times. "Plotting..." takes the same amount of time at the start of each turn, but it doesn't pester you when matching traps away. Good change.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Doom, and I recently champed Scarlet Witch. They seem like a decent pairing, with SW speeding up Doom's sick purple atom bomb. I am playing Doom at blackflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 purpleflag.png 5 and SW is purpleflag.png 5 greenflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 though I'm thinking of setting her green at 5 when she's with Doom.

Somebody help me finish this equation:
    Dr. Doom + SW + ??? =WIN!

(I have all twos and threes champed or fully covered except Colossus, Deadpool, R&G, Doc Ock, Squirrel Girl, Blade, Cyclops, and KK. My best fours are a fully covered Dino, a 3/3/5 IMHB, and a 5/3/2 Ghost Rider.)
  • Vhailorx
    edited October 2016
    Dormammu wrote:
    I love Doom, and I recently champed Scarlet Witch. They seem like a decent pairing, with SW speeding up Doom's sick purple atom bomb. I am playing Doom at blackflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 purpleflag.png 5 and SW is purpleflag.png 5 greenflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 though I'm thinking of setting her green at 5 when she's with Doom.

Somebody help me finish this equation:
    Dr. Doom + SW + ??? =WIN!

(I have all twos and threes champed or fully covered except Colossus, Deadpool, R&G, Doc Ock, Squirrel Girl, Blade, Cyclops, and KK. My best fours are a fully covered Dino, a 3/3/5 IMHB, and a 5/3/2 Ghost Rider.)

Off the top of my head, the following 3* characters use red/yellow and aren't terrible: Cyc, Cage, Patch, cMags, Lazy Cap, Lazy Thor. Those are all good places to start. (and I probably forgot a character or two; though not colossus, he just isn't very good.)

cyclops is probably the best. Active yellow and red to complete your rainbow, and a better black than doom's to feed with Doom's blue. Cage is a decent backup plan, but he doesn't have an active red. Patch also plays really well with Doom (his green won't overwrite Doom's trap tiles, so there will fewer enemy strikes to worry about), but doesn't have an active yellow. cMags has a very good red, but his defensive yellow is only so so. Lazy Thor doesn't have a great red, but his yellow-->green combo is still slow but very strong. Lazy Cap's yellow isn't worth using, but he is always a great PVE option.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed on Cyclops, since you also don't want to use Doom's black. Those three characters are a perfect rainbow team. And yes, I'd suggest to make SW's green 5 covers in this combination. Second best would probably be Colossus. Since you don't have either of them championed, a third best would be Luke Cage even if you are missing an active red power.

For more information like this, check my "Best 2 Colour combinations" thread or the colour charts in the Character Compendium, both linked in my sig.
  • KROPPE
    KROPPE Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone else had Doom place traps on Team-up tiles?
  • Vhailorx
    KROPPE wrote:
    Has anyone else had Doom place traps on Team-up tiles?

No, but could a purple tile have been transformed into a teamup tile (by 2* marvel)?