*** Doctor Doom (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Yeah this is a really "clunky" notification.
    purpleflag.pngicon_doctordoom.png
    It goes off at least once a turn, sometimes twice/three/too many - when you match a purple.

I'd rather it was just turned off/replaced with a REALLY short little animation. Like 0.25 seconds. Shorter than Kamilla's "Bring out the Best" if it has to go off EVERY turn.

Thank you.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just played the Big Enchilada today, and for a moment I thought Doom used his power while stunned. Not quite. Instead, the AI had a doom teamup, as well as Doom as part of his team. Is that supposed to happen?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Just played the Big Enchilada today, and for a moment I thought Doom used his power while stunned. Not quite. Instead, the AI had a doom teamup, as well as Doom as part of his team. Is that supposed to happen?

I have seen this before, but only in the final round. The team up limitation seems to be only the characters in round 2 cannot be used.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    not entirely sure if this is a bug, it comes up only when you're facing an opposing doom with your own(mostly LR's basically) but sometimes their purple trap tiles overwrite mine if there's not enough purple on the board to work with.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pretty sure it's just part of how trap tiles work. Since they're invisible to the opponent, you're allowed to override them, so they can stay "hidden".
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Pretty sure it's just part of how trap tiles work. Since they're invisible to the opponent, you're allowed to override them, so they can stay "hidden".

Plus it is a good way to see where the opposing doom's trap tiles are so that you can match them away before he fires his ability.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was using Loki's Illusions as a team up skill. After the shuffle, there was a green Diabolical Plot trap on the board.

Screenshot_2015_07_17_16_37_21.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    Most likely the trap tile was already green before the shuffle. The tile icon indicates you have Hulk on your team; his Anger can convert the color of trap tiles to green.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vynyv wrote:
    Most likely the trap tile was already green before the shuffle. The tile icon indicates you have Hulk on your team; his Anger can convert the color of trap tiles to green.

My experience is, such friendly powers usually don't recolor trap tiles, so it was more likely the opponents color-changing move.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Vynyv wrote:

My experience is, such friendly powers usually don't recolor trap tiles, so it was more likely the opponents color-changing move.

I have had Thunderstrike color his tiles green as well. They are traps, so the abilities treat them like they are not there, part of the "unseen" mechanic.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Put me in camp 3/5/5.

His attack tiles don't really excite me. I like using his blue to remove all blue from the board if there is Daken or Ragnarok(PVE obvioulsy) around. His black is kinda meh to me, it is good but I'm fine with it at 3.

Pair with SW to accelerate that purple and have some fun!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Doom a lot in the Hulk PvP paired with X-force and She-Hulk. Three different board shake moves (X-force, Surgical Strike, Power of Attorney) meant there was never any shortage of blue tiles to transform. Knowing every blue would turn black definitely helped me plan the best opportunity to use Technopathic strike.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is it completely wrong to go 4/4/5?

I just feel terrible about dropping demons down to 3.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    Is it completely wrong to go 4/4/5?

I just feel terrible about dropping demons down to 3.

with his blue its either rank 3 or max, because going from 3 to 4 only gives you 1 more tile changed which with the way the ability functions isn't really worth the drop in black damage.

pretty much 5/3/5 if you want him to be a more independent damage dealer or 3/5/5 if you want him to be a black feeder for someone while retaining the ability to drop some strike tiles if your main black user goes down. I personally prefer 5/3/5 because of how scary his damage is when he's boosted in LRs.
  • I'm finding his demons less and less useful as more characters gain useful reds at the top end.

Yeah black battery with a purple attack...
    - Unreall
  • hi there, i notice something about icon_doctordoom.png Doctor Doom during the lightning round.

when ennemy trigger his purple passive, 1 of mine tend to disapear

so : if my trap and ennemy trap are set on the same tile, the first one is cancelled or it's just a bug?

otherwise why can't make able 2 traps (mine an ennemy one) on 1 tile?
  • Niq6
    Niq6 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I've seen the argument for both 3/5/5 (clears the board of blueflag.png for cascade dreams with basic blackflag.png demon rain damage) and 5/3/5 (changes 8 blueflag.png (a lot) with massive blackflag.png demon damage).

Can I get your thoughts on lowering the purpleflag.png ? Should it even be considered? Going 5/5/3 could be devastating on a per turn basis while the purpleflag.png doing only half (but still crazy powerful) damage.
  • Niq6 wrote:
    So I've seen the argument for both 3/5/5 (clears the board of blueflag.png for cascade dreams with basic blackflag.png demon rain damage) and 5/3/5 (changes 8 blueflag.png (a lot) with massive blackflag.png demon damage).

Can I get your thoughts on lowering the purpleflag.png ? Should it even be considered? Going 5/5/3 could be devastating on a per turn basis while the purpleflag.png doing only half (but still crazy powerful) damage.
    purple is too nuts to not max...even CPU can do it correctly as well

so if you live in some alternate universe where you're not using Doom's purple, you don't have to max it.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    linkounet wrote:
    hi there, i notice something about icon_doctordoom.png Doctor Doom during the lightning round.

when ennemy trigger his purple passive, 1 of mine tend to disapear

so : if my trap and ennemy trap are set on the same tile, the first one is cancelled or it's just a bug?

otherwise why can't make able 2 traps (mine an ennemy one) on 1 tile?

Tiles can only be of 1 type (basic / strike / attack / protect / web / bomb / trap / invis). Traps are unknown to the enemy and thus can be overwritten by special tile creation (why Elektra + DD sucks vs. Blade/Daken and red goons), in this case your trap is being overwritten by the enemy.
    Niq6 wrote:

5 cover purple is 2262 damage minimum, frequently around 4524 and when the enemy team isn't matching purple its really easy to hit 8k+ if you let the board brew. Buffed he gets over 50% more damage, I frequently 1 shot characters like Hukbuster with it in LRs
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is currently 3/5/5 and I've got 2 black covers which I'm considering using. From memory it seems nearly every time I use blue there are around 8 of them on the board, I really hope his LR comes around again before my covers disappear so I can actually check the % of when its useful to convert more.

The main teams I use him on are LThor/Hood (where black is "somewhat" useful as that's the only use of blue/black AP other than trying to generate cascades for other colors) and Fistbuster (where its usually Doom blue into Fist purple for crazy cascades). With LThor/Hood 5 black would be more useful and with Hulkbuster sometimes I end up using HB's blue if green is more likely to make red cascades than Doom blue into black cascades.