Victory Bonus - Upcoming Feature Discussion

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You get -10
    So the tax would be active if you skipped 4/5 times?
  • Almighty IceX....I didn't find this question/answer so please help direct me to the right answer

If you have 0 iso are you still taxed for skipping? can you go negative that way?
  • 4eric16
    4eric16 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    thumbs up devs! i think thats a great idea.. now to make your matchmaking system even better is all thats needed.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Looking and thinking on things, let me see if I understand this correctly:

Matches have a +30 Iso bonus.
    Skipping an opponent will reduce that bonus to by 10 (to +20, +10, and then 0). You do not lose any of your stored ISO.
    Skipping further than that, does the bonus change to -10 (meaning a match that rewards 70 would reward 60 instead), or (after rereading) does it still impose the tax of -10 ISO, where not only do you not gain a bonus, but you lose -10 Iso from your stored ISO every time you skip.

If the latter, then I am less impressed with this proposed change than my initial reaction.

Hard to describe, but the tax is immediate if you skip too often. The bonus is after a win. The standard prizes of 70/140 are the only prizes still +bonus upon victory.

Almighty IceX....I didn't find this question/answer so please help direct me to the right answer

If you have 0 iso are you still taxed for skipping? can you go negative that way?

IceIX said you just wouldn't be able to skip once you use up your bonus, in that way you would not see a tax, nor bonus for your first match if you used the skip button liberally.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've seen the tax. Have yet to see a bonus. How come one is in affect and not the other?
  • The straight up -10 ISO is a bug that was not supposed to be implemented, but was. You should talk to someone.
  • 4eric16 wrote:
    thumbs up devs! i think thats a great idea.. now to make your matchmaking system even better is all thats needed.

The whole thing is even more fun knowing that eventually you meet he 0+seed teems arena on top -- what we thought was fixed in the last 300HP tournament.

With so blatantly broken offers and you need to pay the 10 ISO still beyond time and nerves. The only reason to be glad is that it's not yet activated.
  • Not a bad idea but it shouldn't be the next thing they change, they should focus first on fixing the matchmaking, or the overuse of obw, or some way to stop people from cheating so often
  • Did I misunderstood how it works? On new reading it does not look like the skip ta after all -- if I skipped 4 times, all the further skips are "free" from that point on, I just get the -10 penalty once and that is it?
  • No, I think once you hit the -10 you will keep getting that on every skip until you complete a fight.
  • So, i must say good bye to PVP?

My best char is 61 lvl. And i get enemies with 80-100 lvl EVERY TIME i skip.
  • AgnusDei wrote:
    So, i must say good bye to PVP?

My best char is 61 lvl. And i get enemies with 80-100 lvl EVERY TIME i skip.

Or for one or two tournaments, you lose more than you win, and eventually your MMR gets to a place where you are facing people at your skill level.
  • I'd like to choose from three different opponents - weak (with no bonus), same as me level (with normal bonus), strong (with big bonus). Don't force me to lose every battle. Let me have fun of this game. Let me decide how I want to play.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Almighty IceX....I didn't find this question/answer so please help direct me to the right answer

No, you just wouldn't be able to skip, much as you wouldn't be able to buy a Standard Comic Pack at less than 500 Iso-8.