Victory Bonus - Upcoming Feature Discussion

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't know if it's been asked, but will we still get the new ISO rewards? (200, 140, 100, 70)
    Still the same 70/140. The average would be raised via the bonus itself. We intend to have this be a net positive in Iso income once all this shakes out, so it if turns out that it's too low (or too high for whatever reason) we can always tweak it.
  • The skip tax is one thing, and I think it's a good compromise.

But if after 3 skips we start to get charged. we should not have to pay to skip the same team twice.

We should either not see that team in our queue again, or better yet, just not get charged a second time. When everyone has their shield up at the end of a tournament you tend to get the same three powerhouses in your queue over and over again.

In this case there is no option but to continually skip until you happen to catch someone with their shield down. either that or lose a match and destroy your position in the leaderboard.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I, for one, will [unhappily] take the penalty to Iso gained, in order to get a matchup that's POSSIBLE to win, rather than burn 3 health packs or wait 5 hours to get to play another match.

In other words:
    FIX THE MMR!
  • IceIX
    Options
    I just want to more generally note, the Victory Bonus isn't the whole of R48. R48 is gearing up to be as packed with stuff as R46 and R47 weren't. I can't go into what's in it at the moment as we haven't finalized and shipped R48 off, but I'm liking some of the stuff that's intended to make it in. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully the skip bonus/tax will go some way to improve the accuracy of the MMR.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Do we get that new XMan in r48?
  • IceIX wrote:
    I just want to more generally note, the Victory Bonus isn't the whole of R48. R48 is gearing up to be as packed with stuff as R46 and R47 weren't. I can't go into what's in it at the moment as we haven't finalized and shipped R48 off, but I'm liking some of the stuff that's intended to make it in. icon_e_smile.gif

IceIX,

Can you hint on any info regarding funbalance? Will we finally see X-Force wolvie be the pinnacle he is meant to be? Or will we all be raging over Spiderman nerfs?

-Brutus
  • IceIX
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Do we get that new XMan in r48?
    Nope. Or rather, not tied to R48 in particular.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Brutus wrote:
    Can you hint on any info regarding funbalance? Will we finally see X-Force wolvie be the pinnacle he is meant to be? Or will we all be raging over Spiderman nerfs?
    A lot of the baseline stuff for balancing of the characters on the list went into R47, so that's not really tied to R48 either.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Brutus wrote:
    A lot of the baseline stuff for balancing of the characters on the list went into R47, so that's not really tied to R48 either.

I'm not sure how to take this lol

-Brutus
  • IceIX
    Options
    Brutus wrote:
    We don't have a strict timeline as to when we're going to push changes out for each character, but we got the tools needed to do so into R47 so we can do it when we need to instead of waiting on a client-side patch. Can't give any info on exactly *when* those would be coming down the pipe though, as after last time we want to refigure how we roll these out a little.
  • IceIX wrote:

How many of these changes/new things are we going to need to "discover" by ourselves or by accident? icon_e_wink.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    How many of these changes/new things are we going to need to "discover" by ourselves or by accident? icon_e_wink.gif
    Well, things like "Hey, Daredevil moved down 3 pixels on the Roster screen!" are going to be scavenger hunts for you to engage in for the rest of time on releases. Hopefully they won't be any more fruitful than that in the future though for any actual *meaty* changes.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Well, things like "Hey, Daredevil moved down 3 pixels on the Roster screen!" are going to be scavenger hunts for you to engage in for the rest of time on releases. Hopefully they won't be any more fruitful than that in the future though for any actual *meaty* changes.

When are you going to announce that the default font for everything is changing to Comic Sans? Or is this another stealth nerf?
  • Twysta
    Options
    Will there be an increase in boost inventory stockpiles in R48? icon_e_smile.gif

Oh no. Not comic sans. Please no.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    When are you going to announce that the default font for everything is changing to Comic Sans? Or is this another stealth nerf?
    We were thinking more along the lines of Runic MT or Exocet, but that's a great idea!
  • Twysta
    Options
    I don't think I could deal with an overdose of comic sans! icon_razz.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tekton Pro instead of Comic Sans then
  • IceIX wrote:
    Brutus wrote:
    We don't have a strict timeline as to when we're going to push changes out for each character, but we got the tools needed to do so into R47 so we can do it when we need to instead of waiting on a client-side patch. Can't give any info on exactly *when* those would be coming down the pipe though, as after last time we want to refigure how we roll these out a little.

Ah that's good I guess. I'm guessing ALOT of people (myself included) are really waiting for the X-Force update... He really isn't the go to guy he really should be!

-Brutus
  • yes this is purely a wording and a perception thing, but that does actually make for a better experience. Reducing skips was a priority of the dev team, something was going to change, this is a better change to try and acheive the same.

BETTER: 100/170 will be less of a delta than 70/200 so it evens out a bit more.

BETTER: tax comes out of future earnings not current earnings, net result same on your iso bank but less painful perception. This is like if you had to pay for $20 parking to go to work each day but make $120 a day vs your company giving you free parking passes but only $100 per day.

BETTER: avg will be 7iso higher if you dont skip at all.

current average iso = 105
    max 200 average iso = 128
    max 170 average iso = 135

I'd like to say thanks to IceIX, Demiurge_Will and the team for listening to our voices and not just plowing stubbornly ahead.