Options

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Its still better to skip guys, if you can complete the new one in a shorter time icon_e_smile.gif

If you want to maximize ISO gain, don't skip. Rank points, skip.

Doing 3 easy targets in 10 mins: 3*105 (AVG) + some no-skip bonus probably = 415+
    Doing non-skipped 2 medium targets in 10 mins: 210+60=265

You are assuming some no skip probability as in easy targets but are assuming medium targets and no chance at easy in your second secenario. Also finding 3 easy targets takes time and 3 wins increases your MMR more than 2 which means harder to find easy targets.

415 was a miscalculation,, rather 315, however its still better...
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Its still better to skip guys, if you can complete the new one in a shorter time icon_e_smile.gif

Doing 3 easy targets in 10 mins: 3*105 (AVG) + some no-skip bonus probably = 415+
    Doing non-skipped 2 medium targets in 10 mins: 210+60=265

You are assuming some no skip probability as in easy targets but are assuming medium targets and no chance at easy in your second secenario. Also finding 3 easy targets takes time and 3 wins increases your MMR more than 2 which means harder to find easy targets.

415 was a miscalculation,, rather 315, however its still better...[/quote]

You missed my point about your rationale, and the increased MMR etc. Also, with skipping you get to to -10 which measn the value is 95 not 105.
  • Is there still a skip tax after 3 skips? is it -10 per skip after the bonus disappears? or -10 total for as many skips as you need.

yesterday I had to keep skipping about 10 every hour until I saw some better matches.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You missed my point about your rationale, and the increased MMR etc. Also, with skipping you get to to -10 which measn the value is 95 not 105.

315 includes 9 "free" skips, if you skip less, you get additional bonus icon_e_smile.gif

MMR might increase a bit more, however easier enemies might increase the MMR less than attacking medium players for my MMR...
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's better than a straight skip tax but match making is still pretty bad.

I think this would be better implemented a few patches down the road when match making is improved.

Charging 10 ISO when my level 40 2* team is matched up against several level 141 3* brutes in a row still seems punitive.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:

315 includes 9 "free" skips, if you skip less, you get additional bonus icon_e_smile.gif

MMR might increase a bit more, however easier enemies might increase the MMR less than attacking medium players for my MMR...

Valid on the 315, but I am pretty sure mmr is based on total wins and losses not who you beat.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Perhaps it will cause more people to lose to a team with strong defense but i suspect folks that are not used to getting attacked are going to start getting hit a lot more.
    It probably will lead to a few more defensive wins. If I were to bet on the biggest shift it'll cause, though, I'd go with massive reduction in the effectiveness of intimidation. The game doesn't exactly go to lengths to explain how many things work, and it seems at least some portion of players just won't attempt something "20 levels higher than me", or don't realize that a level 100 3* has about the stats of the level 85 2* they're using themselves. If they've something to gain from giving it a shot, a few more people might get on board with the idea anyone can beat anyone (within reason).
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just chiming in with "thanks" -- carrots are much better than sticks. Much prefer this implementation to the pure skip-tax one.

-- Possibly still need to offer some incentive to stay unshielded at the top level for any period of time to allow the mid-level pack to raise itself out of the cannibalistic piranha pool that it currently is... icon_e_biggrin.gif

Cheers
  • davecazz wrote:
    Is there still a skip tax after 3 skips? is it -10 per skip after the bonus disappears? or -10 total for as many skips as you need.

yesterday I had to keep skipping about 10 every hour until I saw some better matches.

It's -10 per skip. You can go through your ISO if you keep skipping. However, it resets. If you didn't skip 10 in a row, then you're fine. If you skipped 10 at once, you're still fine but down a little ISO.
  • dark jurai
    dark jurai Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Love it. Thank you for listening.
  • Another thanks for throwing some carrots in with the stick.

Also props to the patch-note writer for staying in character. icon_e_smile.gif
  • So what happens if you don't like your matchups but you are too cheap to spend 10iso and put in some low level guys and abort the game? Suspect that would reset your bonus counter. I guess if you are willing to work that hard to avoid spending 10iso then more power to you...
  • greggray24 wrote:
    So what happens if you don't like your matchups but you are too cheap to spend 10iso and put in some low level guys and abort the game? Suspect that would reset your bonus counter. I guess if you are willing to work that hard to avoid spending 10iso then more power to you...

You'd also lose tourney points doing that. May or may not matter.
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    This is great news, and even better that the devs have listened to the community and responded with a change like this. Whoever first came up with a bonus streak idea on the forums deserves a medal!

That's me! Well, i wrote one of a few threads on that idea icon_e_smile.gif

think it was me bud. Post your topic suggestions date
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Forge wrote:
    Another thanks for throwing some carrots in with the stick.

Also props to the patch-note writer for staying in character. icon_e_smile.gif
    For the former, you can thank Will for final design, with a lot of feedback from people on the Demi and D3 sides as it was reshaped. For the latter, that was my writing.
  • This is good news! It shows the devs are listening to the player base!

Now to do something about the event scaling and leaving Spider-Man alone.

-Brutus
  • Bugpop wrote:
    turul wrote:

Yup, this is pretty much what I've asked for in one of my (many) 'I don't have enough ISO' moan posts.

Good work people.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    So what happens if you don't like your matchups but you are too cheap to spend 10iso and put in some low level guys and abort the game? Suspect that would reset your bonus counter. I guess if you are willing to work that hard to avoid spending 10iso then more power to you...

You'd also lose tourney points doing that. May or may not matter.

Yea - hardly wroth 10iso I would think.
  • doesn't matter skip or not... you will still rotate back to the same person who happen to keep attacking you and cause you from reaching a higher reward.... this is so depressing... he stole more point from me despite the same score and has a higher roster than me... **** up system match up
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Question: If I pay to skip an opponent will they still end up back in my queue a few skips later?

One thing that concerns me is I frequently find my battle options are rotating among a small pool of 4-8 other players as available opponents. If players are going to have to pay to skip an opponent it would make sense that they stay skipped, at least until you've battled someone else.