**** Punisher (Max) ****

Options

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Well that's more like it, now AoO is just a really good power, but it is not OP.

As I said before, I think it is really easy to cast after green, 7 AP is really cheap. Both powers need to be fired in the same turn like 4hors blue+red or CapFalcon yellow+red, it is just 17 AP and both powers together will seriously cripple the other team (a pitty black needs to go first, so it will be hard to meet the enemy down condition of green). AoO is even better if you can wait until you have 14 black AP and then double cast it (the second one with more strike tiles in the board). In this char, green stunning your other team mates is more an advantage than a disadvantage (who cares if half your team is stunned if all your enemies are dead icon_razz.gif )

He is going to be a very good partner for OML, and of course Nova.

PS: Thanxs for the update Cthulhu, I guess this is the problem of playing with dev builds icon_e_wink.gif And yeah the icon is still wrong :S

I don't see how he is good anymore. We already know that most characters with two high AP amount requirements are useless since you won't get that much AP. Failcon stinks for just that reason. It isn't like one skill accelerates the other like with HB or RH, it just increases the damage output. His AOE damage is pretty low for the cost and team stun, and if you don't finish the enemy off that turn, Punisher will be tanking damage for 2 turns, thus dying sooner. You want his teammates down before him, if anyone has to go down.

But that it is not enterely true, capfal is bad because you need 23 Ap, 14 red, and getting 14 from any given color is really hard. But compare it to 4hor when she was supreme, did you find that difficult getting 19 Ap? And Punisher needs less, just 17, 10+7 which is quite easy to get, to kill one and damage the whole team.

And dont forget his blue! There are some nasty strike tiles in 4-5 land that will benefit a lot by his blue passive.

It is true though that when your team is stunned he will suffer damage by being in front.

He is not top5, but I think he sits quite comfortably in the second tier of 4s, with Nova, xpool, etc. And then he has the advantage that plays really well with Nova (also OML) that is also in the same tier, so they can build a good team that can work specially great when one of the two is buffed.

Ps: It is going to be difficult to have another 4 as good as any of the other top5 without being OP in the 4 meta.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also unlike a lot of others, his combo powers match up perfectly with the cheap 2 color boosts. 1 Black & Green boost and you effectively have a 6 black and 9 green combo.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gritsngravy, like from Kansas City Missouri? Someone's got a hot hand in the dice game.

7!!!
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Who said something about 7!!! icon_e_smile.gif
  • still no wiki page up for him icon_question.gif
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not sure whether to ask HOW his blue passive works or IF it works. It doesn't seem to do anything to newly placed strike tiles at any stage of the match, at least that I can see. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rhycar wrote:
    I'm not sure whether to ask HOW his blue passive works or IF it works. It doesn't seem to do anything to newly placed strike tiles at any stage of the match, at least that I can see. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch?

I would assume that it works like 4* Venom and 5* Spidey in that it doesn't show the boosted number when you click on the tile but the change is applied in the background.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, there are an interesting use case to stunning your own allies. For instance, protecting a key member of your team that otherwise would otherwise be forced to make a match & take the enemy abilities.
    Rhycar wrote:

"Actually, I just tested. The strikes show non-bonus damage. But then when u see that total damage number, it includes the bonus.
    EG strikeDmg*1.08 + tileDmg*3 is exactly the damage I got on the total damage number."
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So if **** Spiderman has his attack drop maxxed, and punisher has his attack boost maxed...
    Are your tiles going to be 1 damage still, or will they be boosted? icon_razz.gif
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Options
    well I love my Punisher Max 272 Lvl Championed. and I am slaughtering opponents in the latest PVE, using 375 boosted Punisher Max, 250 lvl boosted Quicksilver. 350lvl boosted Thing. Scary,

Basically try to match as much blues as possible then black , Red green in that order of match up importance.

Wait until you have enough blues and blacks to trigger the Punisher Blue and Black powers. enough Green to trigger either Quicksilver Green and Punisher Green also helps enhance this. Then trigger Punisher blue first then hit the most dangerous enemy with black, usually kills them causing liek 13K damage. Or use use Punisher green first then use punisher black to cause 15K damage and produce 2-3 strike tiles. or use Quicksilver Green to kill a weakened enemy.

Thing Red when you get enough use it cause mucho 9K with 2 turn stun damage. Worse if you have strong strike tiles on board. seen it cause 12K damage.

Quicksilver black is soemtimes useful in getting to trigger powers at the right moment or just cause damage and coup de grace the enemy. I never use Thing Green since I find this disruptive.

Also Thing Yellow shield can be a godsaver at the right moment. Produces 6 350 lvl shields. keeps you alive for a period of time.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    So, there are an interesting use case to stunning your own allies. For instance, protecting a key member of your team that otherwise would otherwise be forced to make a match & take the enemy abilities.
    Rhycar wrote:

"Actually, I just tested. The strikes show non-bonus damage. But then when u see that total damage number, it includes the bonus.
    EG strikeDmg*1.08 + tileDmg*3 is exactly the damage I got on the total damage number."

Ahem, awaken Phoenix
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wanted to confirm that his black double dips on strike tiles.

So the power itself does X damage + Y damage for each friendly strike, AND then adds the actual damage from any strikes on the board.

Also, wow hoho! 15 4* covers for a character that's less than 3 weeks old, not to mention 350k iso to level him. That's either a ton of cash on coverpacks and buyers' clubs, or a ton of grinding in pve and shield hopping in PvP (or both). Thanks for keeping the game f2p for the rest of us!
  • Hoho69
    Options
    haha Vail, well I spent 300 bucks to get Punisher to max, well won 3 colors on punisher max from the Pve, and took advantage on the Hero point specials, and got a ton of hero points at a discount. maxed him out and championed him, and btw I did not have to buy Iso pints since i had 600K Iso points saved up for a few months of playing. So levelling him up was easy.

Anyways I swore to champion Punisher max ASAP, Punisher Max Garth Ennis Jason Aaron is my most favorite Marvel comic, big fan of the character(not the regular marvel character, the max one). Also good that he is such an excellent character....

btw, I am kicking **** with my 272 lvl Punisher max that is buffed up to 350 lvl and 350 lvl Prof X buffed up. in the latest PVP and PVE. Punisher Max and Prof X go very well together. When Punisher gets his strikes out and the Prof is invisible game over after 3 turns.
  • Vhailorx
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I wasn't too impressed by pinisher max on paper, so much that i dodnt even grind a top 100 in his release event. But it sounds like my first impression may have been wrong. he may be sneaky useful after all (especially since his black has no damage cap). I look forward to trying him out in late 2016 when I might have him covered.

Hoho: enjoy your champ! At least your favorite character turned out to be good, justifying the cost of buying covers early. Imagine what life is like for people who love Elektra or star-lord. I would hate to spend money of that sort of low tier trash.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He has the best critical multiplier of any 4 or 5 star character at 4.5x. The next best is Green Goblin at 4.3x.
  • Hoho69
    Options
    Yep and I myself can attest, that Punisher Max is a kick **** character.

I would rate him at 9 out of 10...tested him out in the PVEs and PVPs, at his most deadly with Prof X , Iron Fist , Nova or anyone who can produce mucho strike tiles. Prof X there to buff up the strike tiles and enhance the damage.

During the last Steve Rogers PVP, I had a buffed 375 lvl Punisher Max, 273 lvl Prof X, 285 lvl buffed Steve Rogers..

Took down a 375 lvl Hulkbuster. Originally it was 31K hit points , wittled it down to 25K after a few turns, then with 7 strikes tiles ont he board used Punisher Green , then Punisher Black, game over, inflicted 25K points of damage in one turn.

Punisher Max is actually in my opinion more deadly than Hulkbuster if you put him up with the right characters.
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Have to disagree with you there hoho. Punisher might spike to higher damage for lower cost than imhb. But imhb is awesome not because he hits hard, but because he hits reasonably hard AND self-accelerates.

Punisher might be able to do more damage with less ap using a green-->black combo. But imhb will get his red off faster and will already be working on a second charge. This is especially important in PvP. (but full disclosure, I have imhb and don't have punisher, so maybe I am biased. I just think self acceleration is the single best skill a character can have in this game).
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punisher is the bomb dot com. I'm all for IMHB, don't get me wrong, but this guy just does so much stupid damage its great. I mean imagine a world where you actually run Daken past the 800 point mark. Crazy, right?

I like running Punisher with Ant Man. They don't really clash on colors since blue is more or less a filler on Punisher.
    Ant Man can steal away any opposing swords, he makes a lot of punch tiles so that even when he is stunned he still is producing damage, and his yellow will produce about (given I run 5 and each one turns into 90 power swords) 500 damage when you add in Punisher's 12% buff up.

More importantly though, it makes 5 swords meaning punish is going to dish out about 2500 more damage, and AoO is going to be doing an extra like... 5000.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I just pulled my 13th Punisher Max cover last night. He's still sitting at level 70, however, as I'm putting ISO into champing 4Cyke and Rulk first. Can anyone else weigh in on how good Punisher is? Who does he pair well with, is he useful in both PVE and PVP? Without any other obvious options, Punisher Max will probably be my next champion after Cyke and Rulk, but wanted to get folks' thoughts about his usefulness first.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He relies heavily on strike tiles, so his most natural pairing is with the other strike-centric 4* characters, X-23 and Nova. Of the two, I think Nova is probably the better pairing since I'd rather give up his black than X-23's green...but my Punisher only has 9 covers so this is purely theoretical.