**** Punisher (Max) ****

Options

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is another 4* character in the style of "two abilities that power up the third", just like Hulkbuster, Cyclops, Spider-Gwen and Thor. Pun's difference is that his green is an oddball ability that does decent damage but has a huge drawback.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Black blue and green...
    He would pair well with Miles Morales. Just think about it...

Miles goes invisible, suddenly him being stunned doesn't mean as much. Also helps to fuel Punisher's blue.

Just a thought.
    I don't think Invisible characters can be stunned. My Professor X has been able to ignore team stuns while Invisible at least.
    Now I'm wondering how Punisher interacts with airborne teammates...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    My feeling is this character looks really good, but that practically speaking he will be useless in PvP. This is due to the complex nature of maximizing his skills by using them in a specific order (i.e. blue first, then green, and then black). If not saved up to be used in the same turn, you will not see the best power of the character. He will stink if he just uses green plain. Great, now you have two stunned teammates and did low damage per AP. On defense, he will be useless. The only thing that could potentially make him useful on PvP teams is his blue passive boosting OML or Phoenix. But once you are in 5 star land, 4 stars are not that good until they are max championed.

FWIW, a bad cascade and the AI will trigger the powers in Blue->Green->Black order, so he's got more "things went bad" potential than some other characters.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    If you guys want me to not have the championed stats for max *level I can do this, it's easier to get stats when the character is championed, but it's not really a big deal. When I made the mistake yesterday, I realized I maxed the powers but not his level cause I rushed to fix it to make sure the numbers were correct. But i checked two separate builds and saw the same results. There are chances that using all these debug options can cause errors, but I also double checked with our QA group that not only uses Debug but also uses legit ways to test these characters.

From now on I won't list Champion level maxed stats.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please do. The level 370 numbers are amazing, but let's face it, 99.5% of the playerbase isn't going to see even 271 numbers for a long time, if ever, and the 270 numbers are more useful for comparison to other characters.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    If you guys want me to not have the championed stats for max *level I can do this, it's easier to get stats when the character is championed, but it's not really a big deal. When I made the mistake yesterday, I realized I maxed the powers but not his level cause I rushed to fix it to make sure the numbers were correct. But i checked two separate builds and saw the same results. There are chances that using all these debug options can cause errors, but I also double checked with our QA group that not only uses Debug but also uses legit ways to test these characters.

From now on I won't list Champion level maxed stats.

I agree that 270 stats are much more useful to the vast majority of players than 370.

Unless you are willing to give us all access to a debug console we can use to circumvent the vast iso shortage and start champing all our 4 stats. Or you could give us all 10 million iso. That would be a decent start (though I suspect even that wouldn't be enough for some people with deep 4* benches)
  • GameDemonKing
    Options
    Not sure if this was answered by an admin but now since punisher has a variant why not update the champion rewards and replace elektra covers through champion 3 star punisher with punisher max?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Weapons Expertise - 8 bluetile.png AP
    The Punisher’s extensive weapons knowledge ensures he makes the most of his equipment. Creates 1 straight 65 Black Strike tile.

Geez, Punisher, no need to bring sexual orientation up in regards to your punishing. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    The Punisher’s extensive weapons knowledge ensures he makes the most of his equipment. Creates 1 straight 65 Black Strike tile.

Geez, Punisher, no need to bring sexual orientation up in regards to your punishing. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I think it's indicating there will soon be scimitar shaped strike tiles
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Green:
    Good. Another interesting and well designed skill. With 3 enemies this skill is awful value and should never be cast unless desperate. With 2 enemies this deals 5970 AoE which I'd argue is worth the drawback of the stun especially when followed up by Army of One. With just one enemy left this skill deals 9342 damage which is an incredible finisher!

I will add that his Green is *superb* in Survival nodes. You killed 3 ninjas in wave 1? Congrats, Punisher Green will deal over 10,000 dmg.

This makes me think that they need to clarify what Green power's "for every downed enemy" part means. Is it

A.) For every downed enemy currently on the screen? If this is the case, the maximum number of this would be 2.

B.) For every enemy you have downed? If this is the case, then his Green will get stronger and stronger in survival nodes.

I'm thinking A is probably what they mean though.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    Green:
    Good. Another interesting and well designed skill. With 3 enemies this skill is awful value and should never be cast unless desperate. With 2 enemies this deals 5970 AoE which I'd argue is worth the drawback of the stun especially when followed up by Army of One. With just one enemy left this skill deals 9342 damage which is an incredible finisher!

I will add that his Green is *superb* in Survival nodes. You killed 3 ninjas in wave 1? Congrats, Punisher Green will deal over 10,000 dmg.

This makes me think that they need to clarify what Green power's "for every downed enemy" part means. Is it

A.) For every downed enemy currently on the screen? If this is the case, the maximum number of this would be 2.

B.) For every enemy you have downed? If this is the case, then his Green will get stronger and stronger in survival nodes.

I'm thinking A is probably what they mean though.

One of the ninjas has a skill which increases dmg based on 'non-downed allies'. If my observation is correct, the non-downed allies include all their allies in the wave.

Going by the same logic, "downed enemies" will refer to all the enemies in the survival node.

But I stand corrected. They may eventually find it too strong and change it.
  • neubrator
    neubrator Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    No one going to mention that Punisher has the same icon as Quake?
    Punisher Quake hybrid? The Qunisher!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    neubrator wrote:
    No one going to mention that Punisher has the same icon as Quake?
    Punisher Quake hybrid? The Qunisher!

Or the Punishake!
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Antlion wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

I think it's indicating there will soon be scimitar shaped strike tiles

So apparently we'll be getting some Redguard from Oblivion in our game soon? I hear they have curved swords.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    One of the ninjas has a skill which increases dmg based on 'non-downed allies'. If my observation is correct, the non-downed allies include all their allies in the wave.

Going by the same logic, "downed enemies" will refer to all the enemies in the survival node.

That is incorrect. All of of those powers count currently active only (including the activating character). So the max number of standing allies/enemies is 3. And the max number of downed allies/enemies is 2 (presuming a character couldn't activate a power while downed and count as a downed ally himself.)

Green appears intended to be a stronger finisher than other team damage abilities--not "do 25K to the 8th,9th, and 10th ninja"
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

That is incorrect. All of of those powers count currently active only (including the activating character). So the max number of standing allies/enemies is 3. And the max number of downed allies/enemies is 2 (presuming a character couldn't activate a power while downed and count as a downed ally himself.)

Green appears intended to be a stronger finisher than other team damage abilities--not "do 25K to the 8th,9th, and 10th ninja"

How about those wave nodes with multiple enemies within a single wave? Do they count the other allies behind?

Anyway, thanks for the correction.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Newb question - how is the blue passive supposed to work?

I hit a Prologue node with 4Pun and OML, no increase to strike tile values.

Has anyone seen it work? How?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Melevorn wrote:

Same as venom with protect/attack tiles. All your strike tiles already have that % bonus when you are looking at them. So while Punisher is up your strike tile will be 200 damage. When you down him you will see that strike tile is reduced to 150 (or whatever the math is).
    No visuals just passive increase.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:
    Melevorn wrote:

Same as venom. All your strike tiles already have that % bonus when you are looking at them. So while punisher up when you look at strike tile it shows 200 damage. When you down him you will see that strike tile is reduced to 150 (or whatever the math is).

Actually, I just tested. The strikes show non-bonus damage. But then when u see that total damage number, it includes the bonus.
    EG strikeDmg*1.08 + tileDmg*3 is exactly the damage I got on the total damage number.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    Melevorn wrote:

Same as venom. All your strike tiles already have that % bonus when you are looking at them. So while punisher up when you look at strike tile it shows 200 damage. When you down him you will see that strike tile is reduced to 150 (or whatever the math is).

Actually, I just tested. The strikes show non-bonus damage. But then when u see that total damage number, it includes the bonus.
    EG strikeDmg*1.08 + tileDmg*3 is exactly the damage I got on the total damage number.
    Maybe. I didn't make the test . I just believe the devs and know how venom works=)