**** Punisher (Max) ****

Options

Comments

• Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Actually, I just tested. The strikes show non-bonus damage. But then when u see that total damage number, it includes the bonus.
    EG strikeDmg*1.08 + tileDmg*3 is exactly the damage I got on the total damage number.
    That explains it. I was looking at the tooltip (no mention of bonus), not at the damage numbers as they flashed past.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't normally comment on art. Even his neck... it is what it is. But his animation art seems a bit out of place. Everyone else has bright colorful 90's Xmen cartoony animations while Punisher's looks like it's out of a newspaper comic.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone confirmed that lv270 Army of One damage is as-posted?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

It can't be, it is 4 times base damage, and 4 maxed powers are just twice. I think it is still for 370. If it weren't it would be OP, strongest attack in the game (and at 370 it would be double that! more than any 5s attack!!!). But I can't confirm it is 370 icon_e_sad.gif

The other part of the power is correct, I checked one of the super whales accounts and it is indeed 4544 (which is again twice the base level).

PS: Yesterday I fired the Army of One in the 176 featured Punisher node, but I don't remember the damage (yeah I have great memory :S ). I will try again today (if at 176 is around 2500 then those are 370 values).
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

It can't be, it is 4 times base damage, and 4 maxed powers are just twice. I think it is still for 370. If it weren't it would be OP, strongest attack in the game (and at 370 it would be double that! more than any 5s attack!!!). But I can't confirm it is 370 icon_e_sad.gif

The other part of the power is correct, I checked one of the super whales accounts and it is indeed 4544 (which is again twice the base level).

PS: Yesterday I fired the Army of One in the 176 featured Punisher node, but I don't remember the damage (yeah I have great memory :S ). I will try again today (if at 176 is around 2500 then those are 370 values).

Cyclops does over 11k damage with his conditional attack, I don't see why Punisher's highly conditional attack is any better. It is cheaper, but your whole team has to be stunned or downed to use it.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    I don't normally comment on art. Even his neck... it is what it is. But his animation art seems a bit out of place. Everyone else has bright colorful 90's Xmen cartoony animations while Punisher's looks like it's out of a newspaper comic.

Punisher's art is darker in tone for sure, I think it fits the character very well. His animations are also very well done. Too much neck but that's about it, he looks bad-**** overall.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    It can't be, it is 4 times base damage, and 4 maxed powers are just twice.
    I agree, but since Cthulhu insists on not changing it, I was hoping someone could provide definitive info by now.
  • Polares
    edited March 2016
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Cyclops does over 11k damage with his conditional attack, I don't see why Punisher's highly conditional attack is any better. It is cheaper, but your whole team has to be stunned or downed to use it.

But Cyclops base conditional attack is 5900, so more or less half the max damage at 270, which is the rule that a power at 270 is more or less double than at base level.

On the other hand, if you are talking that if it was 9k + 1.5 for every strike tile for 7 AP that won't be OP, well, first remember that green stuns your teammates and does damage, it is an AoE that can do a lot of damage if one enemy is already down, not like cyclops red that needs 20 AP to do max damage instead of 10 AP. Then AoO can easily do 15k for 7 AP (just 4 strike tiles on the board) which is nuts!!! Remember that the cost of the ability goes from 9 to 7, and that you add damage for every strike tile. It can easily do as much damage as CapFalcon red for half the cost, and with the difference that green ability already does some serious damage 3k AoE or even 5k AoE instead of just adding some shields like Caps yellow does.

Oh and it also adds some strike tiles icon_razz.gif

Comparing it to cyclops again, cyclops does 11k for 20 AP, Punisher does 9k+4.5k (3 strike tiles)+2.5k AoE for 17 AP, that is a total of 21k !!! (So double what Cyclops does for even less AP). Imagine having 6 or 7 strike tiles :S

Edit: Oh and I forgot something, AoO can be double fired. If you wait until you have 14 black AP before firing green, you can fire AoO twice!, for doing that with cyclops you need 40 AP !!! And the second time you have one more strike tile in the board!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

I don't have the 270 AoO numbers anymore but unless it scales in the weirdest possible way those are 370 numbers for AoO.

At Lvl 316 (5 Black):
    Punish - 6182 Damage + 1029 damage/strike
    AoO - Creates 2 strength 50 strikes + 7311 Damage + 1274 damage/strike
  • Polares
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well I have just played the 176 node and AoO does 4400 damage plus strikes, so at 270 that would be around 6k
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Cthulhu:

Can you confirm whether in a one-on-one (4* Deadpool Daily battle) fight, Punisher will have black appear as "Punish" or as "Army of One?"

Who cares. Merciless charge and you're done icon_e_smile.gif Oh. I guess we should also clarify if the one-on-one daily battle counts as having other downed enemies. I guess probably not. :/

Was this ever clarified? If so, I haven't been able to find it.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5 Black level 270 (in spoiler since images are large):

But 5376 + 940 / strike (and 36 strength tiles)
    270Pun_zps4pmz63uo.png
    270PunAoO_zpsnqlsmpcq.png
    270PunPun_zpsx3rjlkwy.png
  • Polares
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    5 Black level 270 (in spoiler since images are large):

But 5376 + 940 / strike (and 36 strength tiles)
    270Pun_zps4pmz63uo.png
    270PunAoO_zpsnqlsmpcq.png
    270PunPun_zpsx3rjlkwy.png

Great!, now let's hope mods update the stats on the first page soon so there is no more confusion
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    Weird, maybe i had a bug in the builds i was playing, i will try again and apologize if I was incorrect, but i literally checked 4 times with two different builds.
  • Cthulhu
    Options
    Updated, please let me know if this is better. I have no idea what was wrong with the 2 builds and 4 Punishers i leveled up! It was half a day wasted
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Updated, please let me know if this is better. I have no idea what was wrong with the 2 builds and 4 Punishers i leveled up! It was half a day wasted

Thanks for the update! And try to think of it as a day of learning rather than wasted, I guess.

Also: pssstt, the icon for the Punisher is still Quake's.
  • Polares
    Options
    Well that's more like it, now AoO is just a really good power, but it is not OP.

As I said before, I think it is really easy to cast after green, 7 AP is really cheap. Both powers need to be fired in the same turn like 4hors blue+red or CapFalcon yellow+red, it is just 17 AP and both powers together will seriously cripple the other team (a pitty black needs to go first, so it will be hard to meet the enemy down condition of green). AoO is even better if you can wait until you have 14 black AP and then double cast it (the second one with more strike tiles in the board). In this char, green stunning your other team mates is more an advantage than a disadvantage (who cares if half your team is stunned if all your enemies are dead icon_razz.gif )

He is going to be a very good partner for OML, and of course Nova.

PS: Thanxs for the update Cthulhu, I guess this is the problem of playing with dev builds icon_e_wink.gif And yeah the icon is still wrong :S
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Well that's more like it, now AoO is just a really good power, but it is not OP.

As I said before, I think it is really easy to cast after green, 7 AP is really cheap. Both powers need to be fired in the same turn like 4hors blue+red or CapFalcon yellow+red, it is just 17 AP and both powers together will seriously cripple the other team (a pitty black needs to go first, so it will be hard to meet the enemy down condition of green). AoO is even better if you can wait until you have 14 black AP and then double cast it (the second one with more strike tiles in the board). In this char, green stunning your other team mates is more an advantage than a disadvantage (who cares if half your team is stunned if all your enemies are dead icon_razz.gif )

He is going to be a very good partner for OML, and of course Nova.

PS: Thanxs for the update Cthulhu, I guess this is the problem of playing with dev builds icon_e_wink.gif And yeah the icon is still wrong :S

I don't see how he is good anymore. We already know that most characters with two high AP amount requirements are useless since you won't get that much AP. Failcon stinks for just that reason. It isn't like one skill accelerates the other like with HB or RH, it just increases the damage output. His AOE damage is pretty low for the cost and team stun, and if you don't finish the enemy off that turn, Punisher will be tanking damage for 2 turns, thus dying sooner. You want his teammates down before him, if anyone has to go down.
  • Cthulhu
    Options
    JordonLee wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Thanks for the update! And try to think of it as a day of learning rather than wasted, I guess.

Also: pssstt, the icon for the Punisher is still Quake's.

My bad, thank you, now fixed!
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Options
    OK played with my 271 Level Punisher Max Champion...the only other guy I know who has a champion Punisher Max is King Dreadnought.

Anyways. LOVE HIM>..works well esp. well with Prof X, Iron Fist, Nova, Old man Logan, 2 star Wolverine, Black Panther.

I tested him out vs. 280 lvl Hulk busters, Yah with Prof X and Iron fist , he chewed out the Hulkbusters. However trick get prof X invisible pronto, and get those strike tiles out as many as possible and as early as possible. and make them stronger with prof X power. You also make more strikes tiles, shield and attack tiles the faster you fire up powers. thru the Prof X yellow power.

Conclusion: Punisher Max is solid mid tier, better than Ghost Rider but not as good as Red Hulk or Iceman. He is strong if used right.