**** Punisher (Max) ****

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the influx of ISO today, Punisher will be my second champed 4*, after Cyclops. Is 5/5/3 the best build for him? Who does he pair well with for PVP? My usable characters are 4Clops, basically every 3* champed, and a 1/2/1 OML at 255.

I think 5/5/3 is best anyway, but with 4Cyc especially, you'd rarely use Pun's blue, so would definitely run 5/5/3.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently champed my P-Max and decided to try him out in Daredevil's Lightning round.
    ...Dang, he kicks some serious behind! Even unboosted it's not difficult to get five-digit damage out of his green and black! Definitely not regretting that ISO investment. icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: I even got a defensive win against someone with two high-level fivestars on their roster. That... doesn't happen a lot even with a maxed OML on my team. I don't know how much Punisher contributed though...
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I recently champed my P-Max and decided to try him out in Daredevil's Lightning round.
    ...Dang, he kicks some serious behind! Even unboosted it's not difficult to get five-digit damage out of his green and black! Definitely not regretting that ISO investment. icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: I even got a defensive win against someone with two high-level fivestars on their roster. That... doesn't happen a lot even with a maxed OML on my team. I don't know how much Punisher contributed though...

Who was the third?
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    ... even with a maxed OML...

Who was the third?

Just guessing...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    ... even with a maxed OML...

Who was the third?

Just guessing...
    Your powers of observation do you Credit.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read that and thought you took out OML for this team which made the result even more impressive.
  • Quebbster
    I read that and thought you took out OML for this team which made the result even more impressive.
    No, OML is pretty much a given on all teams for me. Ever since I maxed him I get matched with other fivestar players, so not playing him just paints a target on my back.
  • I use Punisher (Max) with bullseye 3 stars, minimum 13 strikes of contract killer + black from punisher = kill and kill
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I using my champ PunMax for this week and I really like him.

I decided that he doesn't really pair well with Oml as there are too many Color overlap (though Oml tanks the Color it also means less active Color I have on my team.

So I tried out my 435 Phx and I think she's a good match.

A single red and she will generate 4 strike tile.

Purple allows you to do some match 5.

Blue let's you generate more strike tiles. You just need to be careful when you cast it in case you trigger Phx red side effects.

Green is the PunMax killer aoe.

Black is the finisher.

So I aim to kill off one enemy with match dmg or Phx red. Once done, I use green to deal 5000+ 7000 dmg to the team. The remaining enemies will be cleared by the black.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also tried my buffed champed Pun in this PVP and he's truly an army of one, who really doesn't need much support from others. Blue->Green->Black->Green can kill most teams or close.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Also tried my buffed champed Pun in this PVP and he's truly an army of one, who really doesn't need much support from others. Blue->Green->Black->Green can kill most teams or close.

Definitely very powerful. But he needs a battery. Your stated combo requires 35 ap spread across 3 colors.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

Definitely very powerful. But he needs a battery. Your stated combo requires 35 ap spread across 3 colors.

Good thing IM40 in in this PvE then. I've been using IM40/Peggy/PunMax. After a IM40 yellow goes off, Peggy red kills one guy, then Pun green does the rest. He's a good partner with OML too, so I have him at 3/5/5 since I'm never using his black over OML's.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

The biggest problem he has is not the need of battery, with just 17AP you can do most of the damage. The big problem is that before you can do the green+black combo you need to kill an enemy first. This makes the fight slightly longer and gives some time to your enemies to fire powers against you. This is not a big deal when played with OML+PH, but when played with other 4s it might cost you a health pack or two.

PS: Of course if the other buffed 4 is Peggy and you can use IM recharge too, then the team is deadly. Recharge+Peggy's red+green is killing everybody in this PvE in 4-6 turns
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    PS: Of course if the other buffed 4 is Peggy and you can use IM recharge too, then the team is deadly. Recharge+Peggy's red+green is killing everybody in this PvE in 4-6 turns
    or for those without peg, xpool red followed by pun green. next node...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

The biggest problem he has is not the need of battery, with just 17AP you can do most of the damage. The big problem is that before you can do the green+black combo you need to kill an enemy first. This makes the fight slightly longer and gives some time to your enemies to fire powers against you. This is not a big deal when played with OML+PH, but when played with other 4s it might cost you a health pack or two.

Yeah exactly. That is the team I am using now for this heroic.

Peggy-IM40-PunMax

1) Recharge go off. Match one green.
    2) Peggy blue to stun 2 opponents.
    3)Peggy red to finish one opponent.(14k)
    4) Pun green (12k aoe)
    5) pun black to mop up the remaining opponents
    6) if black hasn't killed the opponents, Peggy blue will eventually kill them off.

Super efficient team.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Peggy is not great yet but I'm using 4clops instead (his yellow makes black for pun) for great value in the Kamala PVP as he can usually kill the weaker guy with his blue and red powers. The fact that Kamala feeds green with purple makes that a very decent rainbow team.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    Peggy-IM40-PunMax

1) Recharge go off. Match one green.
    2) Peggy blue to stun 2 opponents.
    3)Peggy red to finish one opponent.(14k)
    4) Pun green (12k aoe)
    5) pun black to mop up the remaining opponents
    6) if black hasn't killed the opponents, Peggy blue will eventually kill them off.

Super efficient team.
    That's what I went with for the heroic. All you need is red/green. Let Peggy red kill off one enemy, Maxie green does the rest. IM40 not even needed most of the time.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher green is one of the best attacks of the whole game, I really like it. As soon as you have killed one enemy, it goes from an ok attack, to super great. And if you have killed two enemies it is a fantastic finisher.

When buffed is goes from 5k AoE (0) -> 12k AoE (1) -> 19k(2) for 10 AP.

It stuns your other two chars, that is true, but then you have a black attack that uses this to also go from good to incredibly strong!!! I love this 'drawbacks' icon_e_wink.gif
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    He green basically transforms from an okay AOE to an amazing hybrid AOE-NUKE to a game finishing NUKE. I really enjoy the aspect of how it works. AOE to NUKE icon_e_smile.gif
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I promoted him some days ago and just try on Heavy Metal PVP with Thor-ess (my Peggy is low level) and ... wow, now i know why he's a top tier, m40 yellow, Thor-ess blue-stunt and red-smite and Punisher fest starts icon_lol.gif