*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, but until I'm using him in the Gauntlet, I'm not going to see that screen. It's not worth the effort to bring him into the prologue then keep the other side alive long enough for me to pick up 14 purple.

You don't have to wait till you have enough AP.
    np2Cp7zm.png
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    you'll see how many points you have in the screen where you chose between whales and super-whales.

Sure, but until I'm using him in the Gauntlet, I'm not going to see that screen. It's not worth the effort to bring him into the prologue then keep the other side alive long enough for me to pick up 14 purple.
    1) Go to prologue take deadpool for your daily deadpool points

2) Check your points in current battle

3) Finish battle

4) add points

5) repeat step 1-3 if you don't like math
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    jojeda654 wrote:
    You don't have to wait till you have enough AP.

Oh, that's perfect. I have 212579 Deadpool points, or 7.59 Superwhales. Awesome, thank you.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 is getting wise to the super-whale in the gauntlet tactic. I've noticed that Deadpool has been an opponent in the last node of the last 2 gauntlets so you can't use him yourself.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    D3 is getting wise to the super-whale in the gauntlet tactic. I've noticed that Deadpool has been an opponent in the last node of the last 2 gauntlets so you can't use him yourself.

Yes, BUT, in the last guantlet, he was not in the BIG essential node, the one that got you your final cover (the ultron prime node) So i think they still have a heart.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Orion wrote:

Yes, BUT, in the last guantlet, he was not in the BIG essential node, the one that got you your final cover (the ultron prime node) So i think they still have a heart.

True. That node was nasty. I think almost everyone super whaled that one.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:

Also, sometimes I will superwhale a node that I'm not worried about losing, so much as it looks like a slog. Like when they put three people together with stupid high health, or stupid high health and passives that trigger whenever you do decent damage... I could beat it, but it doesn't look like fun so eat a superwhale.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Orion wrote:

True. That node was nasty. I think almost everyone super whaled that one.

I had to beat that mode without super whales as I almost always activate it by accident when tapping fast - used my last one on some earlier easy node by mistake. Wish they would move the super whales button so it is less easy to tap by accident
  • Orion wrote:

This is both a good and bad thing... bad thing in the sense you can't cheap your way through a very difficult node.

Good in the sense it does make you think a lot more about the team you take in against very difficult odds. In a way it makes you a better player, as you start to try out different hero combos you might not have even tried if Deadpool was available to you... Thus you learn more about the characters, the abilities and what not..

For example I used to think Doc Oct was horrid because everyone said so on the forums, then one day I was just using him against Daken! Suddenly Doc Oct has become my go to when facing Daken or any other heavy special tile user
  • Orion wrote:

This is both a good and bad thing... bad thing in the sense you can't cheap your way through a very difficult node.

Good in the sense it does make you think a lot more about the team you take in against very difficult odds. In a way it makes you a better player, as you start to try out different hero combos you might not have even tried if Deadpool was available to you... Thus you learn more about the characters, the abilities and what not..

For example I used to think Doc Oct was horrid because everyone said so on the forums, then one day I was just using him against Daken! Suddenly Doc Oct has become my go to when facing Daken or any other heavy special tile user
    its plain bad...not much "thinking" to do vs Tetris Ultron + level 99999999 character
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:

Whale TU then Ms.Marvel yellow into TU cascade if needed. Unless they stop Whales completely we still have the nuke button
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

The problem is Doc Oc is horrid. In a 1v1 fight Doc Oc loses to Daken. Strike tiles are better than attack tiles and insult to injury barely counters Daken's healing (gets way worse when he's super scaled). Doc Oc's blue and green are too slow and don't do that much when they do go off. Black is interesting but it isn't strong enough to be considered a counter (and is limited to black tiles only, making it possible for it not to proc).
    Orion wrote:

Whale TU then Ms.Marvel yellow into TU cascade if needed. Unless they stop Whales completely we still have the nuke button

You can't use a Deadpool TU if Deadpool is in the enemy team (including as their TU)
  • fun fact: when you do fastball > whales you still have the option to super whale. TIL!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    I have 5 covers on Deadpool purpleflag.png the thing is that I miss the other whales the beluga, narwhal and the other two... It wasn't cool if I could choose one or be a random drop!? (the same damage)

260?cb=20150220231822
  • dkffiv
    Found out 2 days ago that Deadpool points cap out at 999,999. At about 3,000 points a day it takes roughly a year of saving up to cap out (I think I've used super whales 3 times total). On the last day I only received 1,000 points and yesterday the prompt didn't show up at all.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

They have always known about the super-whales tactic. I think the final node in the very first gauntlet was something like XFW/Fury/3*Deadpool.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Found out 2 days ago that Deadpool points cap out at 999,999. At about 3,000 points a day it takes roughly a year of saving up to cap out (I think I've used super whales 3 times total). On the last day I only received 1,000 points and yesterday the prompt didn't show up at all.

Sounds like its time for some unsuspecting JG or Iceman/IMHB/Featured team to get a giant pile of whales dumped on them. . .
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    dkffiv wrote:

Does it actually cap out or does it just not show values larger than 999,999? After you dropped whales, did you go back down the expected amount?
  • dkffiv
    moogles85 wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

Does it actually cap out or does it just not show values larger than 999,999? After you dropped whales, did you go back down the expected amount?

My guess is that its capped. The day I capped I only received 1000 or so points and since then I haven't been getting the prompt after finishing a mission with DP.
  • had a quick search but couldn't see the answer, is there a reason the daily whale points additions are different sometimes? Does it depends how active Deadpool is in the battle? I swear sometimes it varies by up to 1000 points, but maybe I'm imagining it