*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    You should be comparing ALOTT with HT Fireball skill, which does about 4k damage for 8 (and then 6 going forward) AP. There is no reason Deadpool shouldn't also be able to do that much damage.
    At max level A Little Off The Top deals 3300 damage and Fireball deals 3400. Both have their own drawbacks - Deadpool deals less to wounded opponents and Torch needs more AP to get started - but the two skills are very close to each other under optimal circumstances. And, as has been mentioned, Deadpool will be dealing that 3300 damage more often now.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Meto5000 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    With the upcoming changes in max health for many characters, they need to increase the max damage on ALOTT.

Currently the lowest health character is Hood/Storm at 5100. 65% of their health would be 3315 damage (Only 16 points higher than ALotT's max damage of 3299). The new lowest tier health is 7565 (not counting the schleps that aren't getting their health buffed). So...the new max damage for ALotT would be ~4917. 5k damage on a 6ap skill for anyone with over 7565 current hp seems a bit steep don't you think? Honestly, the buffed HP change is going to make the skill better since it'll be able to do max damage more often.
    Great points, except Hood is not getting a health buff, so the lowest health tier is still 5100 for 3*s.
  • the max thing is stupid they should just go by %
  • Quebbster
    raisinbman wrote:
    the max thing is stupid they should just go by %
    In order for that to work, they'd need to do two things:
    1) Lower the percentage - I can't see it doing more than 50% even at max level.
    2) Increase the AP cost.
    I'm fine with it as it is - 3300 damage for 6 red AP is quite good, and it's an acceptable drawback to not deal max damage to already wounded targets. You just need to remember to start with A Little Off The Top and then unleash the rest of your arsenal.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:

8,5k damage for 6 ap vs SheThor then, new best 3star character Deadpool? icon_e_wink.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did some math on it a few months ago and its really hard to balance. I was trying to do something where the cap scales based on his level vs. targets and it was doing about the same or worse in most situations.

The reason the cap is in place is so that a level 40 DP or a TU doesn't totally destroy most encounters. I tried his level / target level * % but it made it so it wasn't very effective against 4* or scaled targets.
  • Quebbster
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

8,5k damage for 6 ap vs SheThor then, new best 3star character Deadpool? icon_e_wink.gif
    No, the cost would also need to increase.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if ALOTT was something along the lines of:

deals 5/10/15/20/25 % of the target's current health to their health bar (removes this from the total health value for the rest of this match)

?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Mawtful wrote:

deals 5/10/15/20/25 % of the target's current health to their health bar (removes this from the total health value for the rest of this match)

?

that would be a pretty hard nerf imho.
    why change the ability at all? I think it's fine. His black could use a little help though.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

?

To be honest just keep it as is (65% / 3299 cap or whatever) and permanently remove it from the top. Would help massively against Daken and (Kamala/healer teams). Would be nice if Patch's heal was shifted to %'s, would help against 2*/4* Wolverine too. Probably harder to program though.

An interesting concept could be that AlotT attacks the health bar and not the target's life. For instance, the Hood with 4,000 / 5,100 life. AlotT reduces his health bar from 5100 to (5100 * .65 = 3315 , shifts down to 3299 due to cap). His new health is 1801/1801. Old AlotT would drop him to 1400 so its a little worse in that regards but it prevents him from being healed back up. Maybe raise the cap to be 65% of DP's maximum life (4,420 pre level shift) to compensate.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    So I'm playing the Simulator node with IW, DP, and Quicksilver, and I start whittling down Deadpool. I'm have him pretty low when IW casts Invisibility over him. This got me thinking... If DP is invisible, will his black passive still trigger? If it does, will he take no damage due to him being protected?

In my match, his health was low enough that it wasn't going to trigger regardless, but it's something I'm curious about. (Then later on, IW cast Force Bubbles, one of which actually went over her Invisibilty tile, negating it's effect. That seems like it shouldn't happen.)
  • Invisible Deadpool does not trigger Life of the Party. Tested in the SIM node with both of them in it. Pretty sure.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct, I just had this happen in Sim, and DP stayed in back.
  • Quondem
    Quondem Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    With daken maxed at 166 what level would deadpool start tanking purple I have DP at 154 at the moment and he is still ducking purple to daken.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the stats from the MPQ wiki are correct, Deadpool should've already started taking purple at 145.
    Daken's tile strengths are blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.png while Deadpool's are purpletile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.png so it shouldn't have taken this long
    Is Daken buffed? This may be the reason he's taking purple from DP. Try to look at the raw stats in the level up screen.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    When making your team, just make sure DP is in position 1. If they are tied on damage, position 1 tanks over others.

This is why i keep my Hulk and Kamala at the same level when leveling them, so i can put hulk into position 1 to hulkbomb and tank green.
  • If you have a Luke Cage Black out and use Luke Cage Black against a non-deadpool, Deadpool will take the damage but not the stun. That must be one hell of a swing Luke has
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Playing the Cap Marvel PVP, the opposing team's lvl 220 Deadpool fired off Whales! Whales! Whales! While the skill text says it does 5338 damage, it took my lvl 240 Cap America from 13892 to 1393.

Is this a bug or does AI DP get magic DP points to spend to its advantage when it feels like it?
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Got a screenshot? Ive never seen the AI use super whales but were there strike tiles on the board?
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Playing on Android, never worked out how I could take screenshots.

But no, no strike tiles at all. So this isn't a common occurrence?