*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Did it show the super whales animation or the regular one? I've never saw the ai drop super whales either but maybe they changed it.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    As far as I know the 'super whales' version of the power don't just result in increased damages but actually kill all enemies leading to victory.
    Therefore, if it didn't kill you totally, it wasn't 'super-whales' in my opinion icon_e_ugeek.gif
    edit: This being said, I have no clue how the stated 5k damage became more than 10k! Strike tiles can't have been enough alone. Could have the AI fired a second power without you noticing?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DrNitroman wrote:
    As far as I know the 'super whales' version of the power don't just result in increased damages but actually kill all enemies leading to victory.
    Therefore, if it didn't kill you totally, it wasn't 'super-whales' in my opinion icon_e_ugeek.gif
    edit: This being said, I have no clue how the stated 5k damage became more than 10k! Strike tiles can't have been enough alone. Could have the AI fired a second power without you noticing?

Agreed, Superwhales can take down 3x15k+ hp characters in 1 shot.. so it wasn't superwhales.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Friendly note, Elektra cannot be taken out via Super Whales if she's gotten to fire off her black.

Why are you super-whaling Elektra? That's your business.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Friendly note, Elektra cannot be taken out via Super Whales if she's gotten to fire off her black.

Why are you super-whaling Elektra? That's your business.

Whoa, never knew that, and glad i do know that now!

and would only ever consider whaling her if i ever get close enough to 1k progression in PVP and was desperate...
  • DrNitroman
    Malcrof wrote:
    and would only ever consider whaling her if i ever get close enough to 1k progression in PVP and was desperate...
    Even desperate I'd save my whales for only one event: the Gauntlet!
    icon_e_wink.gif
  • ...or they could design the Gauntlet to be played normally, with more normal scaling, and team compositions that encouraged varying up your roster and using different strategies beyond needing to boost, whale, or rely on team-ups, for the end nodes. Just saying...
  • DrNitroman
    ...or they could design the Gauntlet to be played normally, with more normal scaling, and team compositions that encouraged varying up your roster and using different strategies beyond needing to boost, whale, or rely on team-ups, for the end nodes. Just saying...
    Of course, whales should never be mandatory for an event, especially when you already have a diverse and developped roster, but should rather remain a bonus icon_e_smile.gif I agree with you on this point

To be complete, I'd add that for me, Gauntlet actually motivated me to use different combinations of teams. Obviously I used buffed characters more than the others but generally after a session I had 0 healthpack and almost all my lvl 166 and some lvl 110 regenerating. I promise you it means that numerous characters were wounded! icon_razz.gif
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Is it just me, or did Life of the Party change in functionality recently?

My brother and I both noticed Deadpool now jumps out for area-of-effect attacks. On the last node of some recent Deadpool's Dailies we put the enemy Hood in front and Deadpool in back and fired Call The Storm (his Modern Thor, mine Marvel NOW! Thor.) Deadpool would jump in front and take the additional damage Hood was supposed to receive. We both swear, however, Deadpool never jumped out when it came to AOE attacks. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it just me, or did Life of the Party change in functionality recently?

My brother and I both noticed Deadpool now jumps out for area-of-effect attacks. On the last node of some recent Deadpool's Dailies we put the enemy Hood in front and Deadpool in back and fired Call The Storm (his Modern Thor, mine Marvel NOW! Thor.) Deadpool would jump in front and take the additional damage Hood was supposed to receive. We both swear, however, Deadpool never jumped out when it came to AOE attacks. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes they recently changed "Life of the Party" with the most recent patch: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=13&t=31019

Deadpool will now jump infront of Thor's CTS.
  • Quick Question: Is there a limit to how many Deadpool Points you can store? I currently have over 100K, and I'm thinking I'm just gonna store like crazy if I can get up to like a million points, and then start cashing in whenever I need to.

Thanks for the response.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    There might be a limit to Deadpool points but if there is it is above 700k (and I expect well above 1M points). I had been saving up points until the last Gauntlet and was up to about 720k points, but I was in no mood to try some of the nodes last Gauntlet in order to get to the IMHB black that was the final prize at the time. Used it a few times and I am now back up to about 520k. Maybe somebody who has used Mega-Whales a little less than me can give an indication as to how many points can be saved up, but I would guess the maximum has not yet been reached by anyone (if it is over 1M in any case).
  • StevO-J wrote:
    There might be a limit to Deadpool points but if there is it is above 700k (and I expect well above 1M points). I had been saving up points until the last Gauntlet and was up to about 720k points, but I was in no mood to try some of the nodes last Gauntlet in order to get to the IMHB black that was the final prize at the time. Used it a few times and I am now back up to about 520k. Maybe somebody who has used Mega-Whales a little less than me can give an indication as to how many points can be saved up, but I would guess the maximum has not yet been reached by anyone (if it is over 1M in any case).
    I saved up 7 whales for last gauntlet, being doing deadpool daily every day
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    All this super-whale talk and how you guys are able to drop it an X amount of times makes me so jealous. What an incredible luxury to have. My DP is 505 and he laughs at me. Although I guess I could ask for whale teamups.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    All this super-whale talk and how you guys are able to drop it an X amount of times makes me so jealous. What an incredible luxury to have. My DP is 505 and he laughs at me. Although I guess I could ask for whale teamups.

I feel your pain... took me a long time before I could get my hands on a purple cover too. But look at it this way: if that cover finally drops for you you'll be able to use it pretty much as often as you like with all the points you can save up right now. (That is if you are playing one match every day with Deadpool and keep on stockpiling those points, but I assume you are.)

Main reason I have as many points as I have right now IS because it took me so long to finally be able to use them outside of the occaisional W-W-Whales team-up. Right now should be a good time to stock up on those btw, as there is a node in the main of the Meet R&G PVE that's running now, most likely the easiest way to get your hands on that team-up right now (it being easily won with the loaners on offer there).
  • Ruinate wrote:
    deadpool daily and whale teamups...that being said I only had 1 in whales for the longest time. Now I have 3. icon_neutral.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    StevO-J wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

I feel your pain... took me a long time before I could get my hands on a purple cover too. But look at it this way: if that cover finally drops for you you'll be able to use it pretty much as often as you like with all the points you can save up right now. (That is if you are playing one match every day with Deadpool and keep on stockpiling those points, but I assume you are.)

Main reason I have as many points as I have right now IS because it took me so long to finally be able to use them outside of the occaisional W-W-Whales team-up. Right now should be a good time to stock up on those btw, as there is a node in the main of the Meet R&G PVE that's running now, most likely the easiest way to get your hands on that team-up right now (it being easily won with the loaners on offer there).

I haven't really played him at all until a week ago and I've had him since release lol. A couple days ago I used a whale team-up and I saw the superwhale screen for the very first time. I was so happy. I have enough points saved up for 2 supers! I realize I could have much more but I'm stoked anyway.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Ruinate wrote:
    I haven't really played him at all until a week ago and I've had him since release lol.

I play with him literally every day, and save up my whales for the Gauntlet. I could probably drop 5 or so superwhales right now. Although with no way to check my deadpool points, I have no idea. Maybe I could drop 1? Maybe I could drop 50? Who knows?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    I haven't really played him at all until a week ago and I've had him since release lol.

I play with him literally every day, and save up my whales for the Gauntlet. I could probably drop 5 or so superwhales right now. Although with no way to check my deadpool points, I have no idea. Maybe I could drop 1? Maybe I could drop 50? Who knows?

you'll see how many points you have in the screen where you chose between whales and super-whales.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    you'll see how many points you have in the screen where you chose between whales and super-whales.

Sure, but until I'm using him in the Gauntlet, I'm not going to see that screen. It's not worth the effort to bring him into the prologue then keep the other side alive long enough for me to pick up 14 purple.