*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    had a quick search but couldn't see the answer, is there a reason the daily whale points additions are different sometimes? Does it depends how active Deadpool is in the battle? I swear sometimes it varies by up to 1000 points, but maybe I'm imagining it
    It's random, and it doesn't vary by that much.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    bobbyfish wrote:
    had a quick search but couldn't see the answer, is there a reason the daily whale points additions are different sometimes? Does it depends how active Deadpool is in the battle? I swear sometimes it varies by up to 1000 points, but maybe I'm imagining it

It's a random number between 2800 and 3200. So it varies by up to 400 points.

I did not say it varies by up to 4000 points. You have no proof (there isn't an audit trail on edits, is there?)
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I think Moderators can see the edit trail, but we can't.
  • Ok thanks, good to know I've not been missing out through noobness
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    MikeG72 wrote:
    I think Moderators can see the edit trail, but we can't.

[foghornleghorn.png] That's a joke, son.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,367 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was just thinking about DP's black that isn't really very useful right now. It's random and kinda unreliable.

How about this change?
    • Lower the HP required to trigger it slightly (10-20%?)
    • At 3 black covers, create 3 countdowns instead. Make each countdown do 40% of the heal that the single countdown would have done. (i.e., instead of a single countdown that heals 100, make 3 countdowns that heal 40 each).
    • At 4 black covers, the countdowns will be placed on tiles in the enemy's weakest color.
    • At 5 black covers, increase heal to 50% and also generate 1 purple AP.
    Would this make sense?
    His heal would trigger more reliably because the activation is spread out over multiple tiles, and thus less likely to be matched away. If placed on the enemy's weakest color, they have to 'sacrifice' a move to match a countdown away and still see DP heal back up. Furthermore, this will feed into DP's whales.

Example 'max level' at 5 covers, cutting the 'trigger' cost by 15%:
    Before: "Takes 869 damage, places countdown tile that'll restore 1219 health."
    New: "Takes 739 damage, places 3 {?weakestEnemyColor} countdown tiles that'll each restore 610 health and generate 1 purple AP"
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    I was just thinking about DP's black that isn't really very useful right now. It's random and kinda unreliable.

How about this change?
    • Lower the HP required to trigger it slightly (10-20%?)
    • At 3 black covers, create 3 countdowns instead. Make each countdown do 40% of the heal that the single countdown would have done. (i.e., instead of a single countdown that heals 100, make 3 countdowns that heal 40 each).
    • At 4 black covers, the countdowns will be placed on tiles in the enemy's weakest color.
    • At 5 black covers, increase heal to 50% and also generate 1 purple AP.
    Would this make sense?
    His heal would trigger more reliably because the activation is spread out over multiple tiles, and thus less likely to be matched away. If placed on the enemy's weakest color, they have to 'sacrifice' a move to match a countdown away and still see DP heal back up. Furthermore, this will feed into DP's whales.

Example 'max level' at 5 covers, cutting the 'trigger' cost by 15%:
    Before: "Takes 869 damage, places countdown tile that'll restore 1219 health."
    New: "Takes 739 damage, places 3 {?weakestEnemyColor} countdown tiles that'll each restore 610 health and generate 1 purple AP"

I like the idea of modifying this ability. The spirit of the ability is very Deadpool, but in practice it too often is utterly useless. Not sure if the idea of moving the tiles to the enemy's weakest color should be cover based though.
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Should his red be downing folks, or is that a bug? (For that matter, I don't get how daken's percentage-based self damage downs him, but I don't own him)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewarm wrote:
    Should his red be downing folks, or is that a bug? (For that matter, I don't get how daken's percentage-based self damage downs him, but I don't own him)

Daken's black used percentages of his total health, so it's a fixed heal/harm amount for the entire match.

Deadpool's red can down people if you have strike tiles out. Itherwise, no it should not ever drop anyone.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    What is Whales max damage capped at when using Deadpool points? Can it take down a 550 5* with 100k health?
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    What is Whales max damage capped at when using Deadpool points? Can it take down a 550 5* with 100k health?
    I believe that a while back someone who looks at game code said that the super whales technically do 999,999 points of AOE damage. Regardless, they are definitely able to kill maxed 5*.

Edit: I think this is incorrect, see posts below
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    bigsmooth wrote:
    I believe that a while back someone who looks at game code said that the super whales technically do 999,999 points of AOE damage. Regardless, they are definitely able to kill maxed 5*.

You sure about that? I thought I saw more recently that they capped the damage lower after 5 stars were out for a bit so whales wouldn't complain about whales icon_lol.gif
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    bigsmooth wrote:

You sure about that? I thought I saw more recently that they capped the damage lower after 5 stars were out for a bit so whales wouldn't complain about whales icon_lol.gif
    Hmm, you may be right. I am reading some more recent posts during Balance of Power and some are saying it only does 90K AOE damage.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    I have had it not kill Max 5*'s for sure I can't remember what the actual damage was but I seem to recall it was 94,000 or something.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    That stinks I always assumed it would end any match, let face it if you can fight a max 5 team and he survives long enough to use it they should win.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    94,000 (assuming it's that) is still sufficient to one-shot a level 550 OML, Phoenix, Bruce Banner, The Other Guy (although Bruce will still come back, I guess), or Doctor Strange. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    This character needs a buff,

His red needs to be the same as his 4* version nuke and heal over 5000 or 6000 damage would be fair

His purple is fine as it is

His black ability wait it's nothing, I think a strike tile creator ability would fit him

I don't really use him much because I find his abilities boring but I do try and use him as often so I can get does points for whale's
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    94,000 (assuming it's that) is still sufficient to one-shot a level 550 OML, Phoenix, Bruce Banner, The Other Guy (although Bruce will still come back, I guess), or Doctor Strange. icon_e_smile.gif

But what about a level 550 Thanos, Black Panther, Black Widow
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

But what about a level 550 Thanos, Black Panther, Black Widow

Wouldn't BP even survive as a level 450? He cuts damage by 60% with his red. Even 94k would just do 37.6k.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler

It used to be 94k damage, but when 5* max health started exceeding it, the devs maxed out the damage. Now Super-Whales is an insta-kill, no matter who you're facing.