Best Builds

Options
123457»

Comments

• themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also I put up my personal opinion for Luke Cage as I assume you'll want 5 in black as for 12 ap you can deal a ton of damage and a stun. Which is probably the second or 3rd best black in the game. His red to me seems like it'd be ok with 3 covers and his yellow is a decent ability to slightly expensive, theyre aren't many damaging yellows so it's a nice ability in some cases
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that there are some builds you have included that are a bit debatable, and maybe they should be called out as such.

Luke Cage: There doesn't seem to be a bad build for him, I tend to think that 3/5/5 is the way to go unless you have xforce and 4* thor, then go 5/5/3. But 5/3/5 clearly has the best damage output and might be best for something like survival nodes (use cage's protect early, then bring lazy cap to put up an impenetrable wall after a few waves and focus on cage's damage)

Gamora: black is clearly underpowered (needs to cost less, or produce better tiles or more tiles or something), but it's also the engine that makes her other powers do decent damage, especially if you want her to tank at all. I think an argument can be made for 5/5/3 and 3/5/5.

Patch: as far as I can tell, people have been debating 5/3/5 v. 3/5/5 since he was released. seems like a good idea to point that out.

Modern hawkeye: I don't see any argument that his blue or his red are particularly great (there are other 2* powers that do the same things better). So speed shot is the reason to use him at all, and it should be maxed.

2* Daken is a bit different from 3*, and he is actually a bit more flexible. Since he can never produce 2 strike tiles, 5 purple is not essential for him. pretty much any build is viable, depending on playstyle. 3/5/5 is great to spam tiles and chem reaction as fast as possible. 4/5/4 is a solid middle of the road option and 5/5/3 is great if you run a team with falcon, or are playing against a red trap producer and you actually want the strike tiles to sit out in play as long as possible.

Just my thoughts, but a great thread overall!
  • Najbolji
    Najbolji Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Would be nice to have this list updated. Also bump!
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Najbolji wrote:
    Would be nice to have this list updated. Also bump!

Yep sure, sorry about that haven't been On since the announce of squirrel girl been taking a break from both the game and forums but have been getting back into it will update today icon_e_smile.gif
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Updated icon_exclaim.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm curious about Daredevil now. I levelled him up when it came out to level 55 then gave up since he felt way too situational. Now his red is ungodly, so naturally you want to put 3 covers into that. Question is what to do with his blue and purple.
    I think his red is still quite good with some strike tiles on the board, i liked the old daredevil for what ever reason i knew he was terrible but still loved to play him, now he's still good but i miss his old red, his pink is now more situational and his blue is better in all areas, but for me optimum build is still 5/3/5 just because tho pink is situational, at 5 covers it can put out some good damage.

P.S. Does anyone have optimum build for elektra yet?

Eh, I was with you at first re: DD's RED. I think you go 4/4/5. It allows you to squash more than a 3/5/5 Patch's Green and ensure they can't retaliate. It also acts as an Anti-daken, Bullseye, Cmags, Falcon, etc...

I'm really interested in play-testing a 3/5/5 Cyclops with Daredevil and (probably) Patch. The way I see it, you do a TBTI after a no visor Black and drop ~ 16k dmg in a turn. I had Patch at 4/4/5. I much prefer 3/5/5. You not only double your strike tile dmg with 5 points in TBTI, you give them lesser strike tiles. I like that part A LOT.

Alternately, a couple Daredevil Reds then Cyclops red generation could be just, outright disruptive. And at 8 Red, dropping a couple DD Reds is totally feasible.

Or, you do Thor, DD, Cyclops. Problem with that is you are second-guessing who gets to use the Red. I guess in that case, I'd go Cyclops, Thor, and Doctor Doom.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think She-Hulk s written wrong. She's marked as 5/5/3, which is what the poll overwhelmingly suggests in her thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6627&start=260

Problem is the colour order is wrong. She should be 5 blue, 3 green, 5 red. They wrote her order as Blue/Red/Green, not Blue/Green/Red as she appears in the game.
  • bknfoodie
    bknfoodie Posts: 53
    Options
    Can OP update please? Or did he quit?
  • I think She-Hulk s written wrong. She's marked as 5/5/3, which is what the poll overwhelmingly suggests in her thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6627&start=260

Problem is the colour order is wrong. She should be 5 blue, 3 green, 5 red. They wrote her order as Blue/Red/Green, not Blue/Green/Red as she appears in the game.
    Just saw this; what I heard is that the OP puts the colors in their order of strenght (match damage) and not in the order it appears in the game. This can also be seen on LDaken thread.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is there any way you can update this page with all the newest toons and that also reflect all the nerfs?

Thanks! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Took it upon myself to update this with what I have seen in these forums for new chars and nerfed ones. Let me know if anything is incorrect. Thanks!

4 Stars
    Carnage 5/3/5
    Devil Dinosaur 5/5/3
    Elektra 3/5/5
    Invisible Woman 3/5/5
    Iron man 5/5/3
    Kingpin 5/3/5
    Nick Fury 3/5/5 offensively 5/5/3 defensively
    Professor X 5/3/5 but people seem to be voting on every combination of */*/5
    Star-Lord 5/3/5
    Thor 5/3/5
    Wolverine 5/5/3

3 Stars
    Beast 5/5/3
    Black Panther 5/3/5
    Black Widow 5/3/5
    Blade 3/5/5 but 5/5/3, 4/5/4, and 5/3/5 are getting love too
    Bullseye 5/*/* depending on personal preference
    Captain America 3/5/5
    Captain Marvel 3/5/5
    Colossus 5/5/3 or 3/5/5
    Cyclops 5/3/5
    Daken 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 or 4/4/5
    Daredevil 3/5/5 or 5/3/5
    Deadpool 5/5/3
    Doctor Doom 5/3/5
    Doctor Octopus 5/5/3 or 4/5/4
    Falcon 5/5/3
    Gamora 5/5/3 & 3/5/5
    Hood, The 5/5/3
    Hulk, The 5/3/5
    Human Torch 5/3/5 but 5/*/* depending on play style
    Iron Fist 3/5/5
    Iron man 5/3/5
    Kamala Klan 3/5/5 with some 5/3/5
    Loki 5/3/5
    Luke Cage 5/3/5
    Magneto 3/5/5 or 4/5/4
    Mystique 5/5/3 or 3/5/5
    Psylocke 5/3/5
    Punisher, The 3/5/5
    Quicksilver 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 or 3/5/5
    Ragnarok 3/5/5 or 5/5/3
    Rocket & Groot 5/3/5 or 3/5/5
    Scarlet Witch 5/3/5 or 3/5/5
    Sentry 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 or 5/3/5
    She-Hulk 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 but 4/5/4 and 4/4/5 are getting love too
    Spider-Man 3/5/5
    Squirrel Girl 3/5/5
    Storm 5/3/5
    Thor 4/4/5 or 3/5/5
    Vision 5/5/3
    Wolverine 5/3/5 or 3/5/5

2 Stars
    Aries 4/4/5 or */*/5 depending on play style
    Black Widow 3/5/5
    Bullseye 3/5/5
    Captain America 3/5/5
    Captain Marvel 3/5/5 or 5/5/3
    Daken 4/4/5 or 3/5/5 (pink/black/blue)
    Hawkeye 3/5/5 (blue/red/pink)
    Human Torch 5/*/* depending on play style
    Magneto 3/5/5
    Moonstone 5/5/3
    Spider-Man (nobody really cares)
    Storm 5/5/3 or 5/4/4
    Thor 3/5/5
    Wolverine 5/5/3

1 Star
    Black Widow 2/5 or 5/5
    Iron man 5/5/3
    Storm 5/3/5
    Venom 5/4 or 5/5
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Carnage similar to nick fury has an alternate build which is 5/5/3 for defense purposes. 5 in black meaning you will damage the enemy team more than yourself and it's a passive. Although the green has more damage potential, it is so random that you destroy average special tile around 2 - 5 and the AI will screw this up in defense when there is no special tiles in defense. Furthermore using green will reset those attack tiles that you created to original state. (some thing like Daken's blue)