Best Builds

Comments

• Ronfar wrote:
    My Original Black Widow is 5/5/3. I really like her as she is (stealing 4 AP of every color from 3 or 4 matches) but I've heard 3/5/5 is even better. Should I respec her? I just got a black cover from a token.

If I could keep her hit points up, I'd build her at 1/5/5 icon_razz.gif

For me, being able to swing towards your abilities and your enemies away from theirs seems so crucial early in a match, I always want the ability to activate Recon as fast as possible. I think getting that "safety buffer" a turn or two earlier far outweighs getting a bigger buffer later.
  • Thank you d3 for RESPEC icon_e_biggrin.gif

All i need now is to find a red Ares cover, so i can fix mine to 4/4/5
  • Thanks for the quick at a glance list for respeccing. This makes it so much easier and faster to respec characters I will only use when required or buffed (ie moonstone, cap, mod Hawkeye). Thanks!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ronfar wrote:
    My Original Black Widow is 5/5/3. I really like her as she is (stealing 4 AP of every color from 3 or 4 matches) but I've heard 3/5/5 is even better. Should I respec her? I just got a black cover from a token.

I have her at 3/5/5 and she has been my staple, but...As my 3* characters are getting better, and especialy in this buffed Magneto MN enviornment, I haven't been able to use her as I did before, while squishy, when she is the active champ on blue and purple you can go off quite quickly as you can steal the extra AP, and the bonus damage from black helps with strike tiles but when she isn't, she can be a a liability. I think 5 blue is mandatory, especially in PvE with all the CD tiles, to be able to heal all the time is too good.

Here's my example for you. Magneto MN is boosted, I'm also using Punisher for those high HP guys, guess what, my OBW has no tiles for her to do damage, so her black is 100% wasted, at that point it would have been nice to have her 5/5/3. I say this with 100% confidence. If I had the roster space and ISO, I would have two OBW my current 3/5/5 version and a 5/5/3 version. 3/5/5 is for quick denial and damage, and 5/5/3 would be for drawn out games as a 5/5/3 OBW late game completely shuts the other team down.

Anyway, what my rambling is telling you, is that as your roster gets stronger with 3*'s, the 3/5/5 OBW starts to become obsolete, but the early AP denial is always a plus, it's just that your black is 100% wasted
  • andrewqsmith
    andrewqsmith Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Was looking for some respec ideas and found this thread. Thanks!
  • What are the opinions for best builds for

Hawkeye Modern
    Spiderman Bag Man
    Hulk
    Wolverine X-Force
    Invisible Women
    The Hood
    BWGS
    Human Torch
    Sentry

Thanks for the input!
  • YMMV

Hawkeye Modern 5/5/3
    Spiderman Bag Man 0/0/0
    Hulk 5/3/5
    Wolverine X-Force 5/5/3
    Invisible Women 3/5/5
    The Hood 5/5/3
    BWGS 5/3/5
    Human Torch 5/4/4 or 5/3/5
    Sentry not sure, likely 3/5/5
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Bag-Man to deal with CD tiles: 4/1/5, don't level him though and sell as soon as you need a roster slot. Either Storm/oBW are much better.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    M. Hawkeye is getting changes at some undetermined point. Don't change his covers right now.
  • Hawkeye Modern 5/5/3 - 3 is enough to avoid almost all the time so max his damaging stuff. Due for a rework AFAIK so might change.

Spiderman Bag Man - really don't bother.....

Hulk x/x/5 - kind of debatable about his first 2 skills, both of which are fairly meh. Personally I prefer 5/3/5 but neither skill would get used unless I have no other choice.

Wolverine X-Force 5/4/4 perhaps... - he is just so useless atm... wait til he's reworked

Invisible Women 5 in her blue, other skills so underwhelming as not to really matter which you pick.

The Hood 5/5/3 - yellow needs 5 to be worthwhile, blue deserves 5 since it's his best skill by a mile and unless you plan to use him with sentry you'll never have enough CDs to justify more in black

BWGS 5/3/5 - pistols is the weakest skill by some way

Human Torch 5/3/5 - his attack tiles do benefit from the extra covers but I prefer buffing his green generally. A lot easier to protect one CD than those attacks which might not all place depending how the middle of the board looks.

Sentry 3/5/5 - Tough choice IMO. Supernova actually scales well but a 5 cover world rupture with strikes is beastly. If you were planning to get strikes from another source (eg L.Daken) you could run 5/5/3 perhaps. Toughie....
  • themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys just wanted to create an updated best builds post so that people don't have to search through topics and can find what people generally think is the best build of a certain character there may be some disagreements but these are what i have read as the best. If you want the specific links they are on the character and skills compendium

4*
    Devil Dinosaur 5/5/3
    Elektra 5/3/5
    Invisible Woman 3/5/5
    Nick Fury 3/5/5 is better offensively 5/5/3 is better defensively
    Star-Lord 5/3/5
    Thor Goddess 5/3/5
    X Force Wolvie 5/5/3

3*
    Beast 5/5/3
    Black Panther 5/3/5
    BWGS 5/3/5
    Blade 3/5/5
    Lazy Captain America 3/5/5
    Captain Marvel 3/5/5
    Colossus 5/5/3
    Cyclops 3/5/5
    Lazy Daken 5/5/3
    Daredevil 5/3/5
    Deadpool 5/5/3
    Doctor Octopus 5/5/3
    Falcon 5/5/3
    Gamora 5/5/3
    Human Torch Still being debated but Imo 5/4/4 or 5/3/5
    Iron Man Model 40 5/5/3 if you want levels or 5/5/2 if you want blue and red generation or 5/5/1 if you want red generation maximised
    Loki 5/3/5
    Luke Cage 5/3/5 (personal opinion)
    Cmags 3/5/5 according to phaserhawks post viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15582
    Mystique 5/3/5
    Psylocke 5/3/5
    Rocket & Groot 5/3/5
    Sentry 3/5/5
    She-Hulk 5/5/3
    Spider-Man 3/5/5
    Squirrel Girl 3/5/5
    Mohawk Storm 5/3/5
    The Hood 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 good arguments for both
    The Hulk 5/3/5
    The Punisher 3/5/5
    Lazy Thor 3/5/5
    Wolverine Patch 5/3/5

2*
    Ares 4/4/5
    oBW 3/5/5
    Captain America (Modern) 3/5/5
    Daken 5/5/3
    Hawkeye (Modern) 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 depending on how you use his blue
    Lazy HT same as 3 star but 5/5/3 should be considered due to lack of black users among two stars
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!) 3/5/5
    Moonstone 5/5/3
    Ms.Marvel 3/5/5
    Spider-man bagman 3/5/5 for levels 4/1/5 for effectiveness against countdown tiles
    Storm Classic 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 both good builds
    Thor (Marvel NOW!) same as 3 star
    Astonishing Wolvie 5/4/4 or 4/5/4 or 5/5/3 depending on play style

1*
    Iron Man Model 35 5/5/3
    Storm (Modern) Same as 3 star

Let me know if theres anything you guys think needs to be changed or if an optimal build has been found for characters who don't have one yet ( HT etc.) icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    I hope this post makes it easier for you to find what the community thinks are optimal builds
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    good consolidation thanks for it.

I would just mention (beside stating the obvious that the best build depends on personal preference), that for me more optimal build for OBW is 3/5/5 rather than the one indicated above.
  • Is 3/5/5 the consensus on She-Hulk? I thought it was 5/3/5.
  • themoneymaker
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Is 3/5/5 the consensus on She-Hulk? I thought it was 5/3/5.
    I read on the she hulk thread a lot of people saying her red was her best and the build was 3/5/5. I did however also see a lot of 5/3/5 as well so I added it to the list as the alternative.
  • Human Torch (Johnny Storm) should most definitely be 5/5/3 because there are no other good black users among the 2* heroes.
    h4n1s wrote:
    good consolidation thanks for it.

I would just mention (beside stating the obvious that the best build depends on personal preference), that for me more optimal build for OBW is 3/5/5 rather than the one indicated above.
    And I agree with h4n1s that the optimal build is 3/5/5 for oBW.
  • 2* Modern Hawkeye's best build is no longer 5/5/3. Perhaps 3/5/5 or 4/5/4.
  • OBW is 3/5/5. 3 Recon steals 3 costs 8, 4 recon steals 4 costs 10. 3 covers is 3 matches or 2 if enemy got Pink on them. 4 covers is 4 matches or 3 if enemy got Pink on them. You want that ability to get out asap with her low health, it usually end match right there because how behind other team get. And in mirror, 3 Pink cover OBW destroy 4 Pink cover OBW.
  • themoneymaker
    Thanks for your feedback everyone it's been updated to better represent people's opinions on builds.
  • I think the build polls that Captain Marvel and Deadpool have might be helpful for this sort of thing if they could be added to the other characters, especially the ones who have a variety of options for viable best builds. Might give people a sense of the options, but also how strong the consensus is.
  • X-Force: 5-5-3 for max damage and cascades, yellow is an afterthought.
    Nick Fury: dependable on other yellow users on your team but due to a complete lack of good purples and an abundance of strong yellows, 3-5-5 seems preferable indeed.

She-Hulk's green is the single worst green power among 3*s - quite an achievement. 5-3-5 all the way. Pray her green is never used on defense instead of better greens.
    Mohawk - same, suffers from much better greens around. 3-5-5 also viable and good for special tile hindering. 5-5-3 for max AP generation, same as modern Storm.
    The Hood - 5-5-3 is the definitive transition build, also viable at end-game (I shieldhop just fine with 5-5-3 Hood and lose speed only thanks to my own greediness, lags or similar, not the build). 3-5-5 is ONLY for extreme Sentry shieldhoppers and is not necessary to win whatsoever.
    Patch - 3-5-5 is much safer to combo with oBW, Falcon, classic Magneto, Hood and other characters that don't have a way of dealing with all 6 enemy strike tiles. 5-3-5 is amazing for all-goon nodes in PvE, no argument, and to combo with Loki/strong AoE abilities.

mHawkeye: indeedy seems his best builds should max Speed Shot, blue has been gutted, I'd agree that 3-5-5 seems the best build for now.
    Torchling: 5-5-3 if you have other green users which you should; black is the only good black among 2*s.
    Moonstone: there's an argument for 3-5-5 if you want her to mostly deal damage with purple on defense, but she is still terrible.
    A.Wolvie: can be kept going for quite a while with just 3 yellow, so no reason not to go 5-5-3.

mBW: 1-5, 2-5. Aggressive Recon gets extremely costly past that.
    Venom: 5-4 for cheap one target stun.