Best Builds

Options

Comments

• themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can someone please explain why blue has to be at 5 cos imo 5/4/4 is the way to go
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can someone please explain why blue has to be at 5 cos imo 5/4/4 is the way to go

High team damage plus high stun and really good when she is boosted, which is relatively often. Particularly when you are running mostly 2* or transitioning teams, you really really want that extra stun to give you time to do other stuff - particularly that little bit more of a buffer against characters that have abilities that you don't want triggering, eg. Daken / Hulk / any character about to unleash something nasty. Compared to the yellow which is just too situational and can't be relyed on to trigger and often doesn't.

I believe the pros would say.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don't forget that Damaging blueflag.png abilities are fairly rare overall. Even up in 3* territory, you've got C.Mags, IM40, Daken, & to a lesser extent Fury, & the Doctors of Doom & Octopi. I don't have time to list how many damaging Green there are.
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    You guys have convinced me, i only use her for pve anyway but still I'm respecing her to 5/5/3 as soon as i get the chance icon_cool.gif
  • Nice guide, its very useful to have some general idea of builds

Only not so convinced about Blade, Black steals 3 ap from biggest colour per turn, that could make a difference from receiving a X-Force black or LThor green attacks
    So far his passive and purple (pink) seems to depend much on how the round is going, but i wouldn't count on purple winning the fight

Anyway, maybe that's because i see him as a Support and the team would benefit more from ap stealing/collecting moves than that 3* lack (Hood mostly)
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Agent Alex wrote:
    Nice guide, its very useful to have some general idea of builds

Only not so convinced about Blade, Black steals 3 ap from biggest colour per turn, that could make a difference from receiving a X-Force black or LThor green attacks
    So far his passive and purple (pink) seems to depend much on how the round is going, but i wouldn't count on purple winning the fight

Anyway, maybe that's because i see him as a Support and the team would benefit more from ap stealing/collecting moves than that 3* lack (Hood mostly)
    Blade steals from the enemy's strongest colour, not their biggest pool. X-Force's strongest colour is green, not black, and LT has strongest red, not green. His AP steal is a nice bonus to have but it cannot possibly compare to Hood/oBW (no multi-colour steal).
  • Oops, someone didn't read all the small letter

That's true, anyway my main point was that the ap stealing sounded more interesting to me than some tiles that wouldn't last much or at least i have a bad experience with those, stupid Beast always put them all together when using blue, and im not particulary excited about collecting purple

He won't be Hood of course and except during transition you dont run OBW in a 3* team, but its something, and the devs seem to try to implement that when you see Mystique move set as well

But without healing I'll probably stick to Daken as support
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    I think 2* Daken might be better at 5/4/4 than at 5/5/3. 2* Daken takes one less Blue to avoid Heat than 3* Daken does and you don't actually get any extra healing from that 5th point, so you might as well squeeze the extra damage out of Chemical Reaction. (I don't recommend 5/4/4 for 3* Daken, though - it seems to me that 8 tiles vs 7 tiles matters more than 7 tiles vs 6 tiles does.)
  • Isn't Patch 535 a bit too much? I've seen people saying that its hard to play with because of the buff you give to your enemies.

Also Blade is still being debated on 355 or 553, depends on your focus.

Let's say, both Patch and Blade with max build on Strike Tiles help the current Sentry wich is about to be nerfed.
  • Najbolji
    Najbolji Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bump. Admin, please make sticky.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Isn't Patch 535 a bit too much? I've seen people saying that its hard to play with because of the buff you give to your enemies.

Let's say, both Patch and Blade with max build on Strike Tiles help the current Sentry wich is about to be nerfed.
    I had a 3/5/5 Patch that I changed to 5/3/5 when I realized how rare it was to use The Best There Is. Haven't regretted it, though obviously you should only Rage when you have a follow-up move or two ready, or you think you can eliminate the enemy strike tiles...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Isn't Patch 535 a bit too much? I've seen people saying that its hard to play with because of the buff you give to your enemies.

I had a 3/5/5 Patch that I changed to 5/3/5 when I realized how rare it was to use The Best There Is. Haven't regretted it, though obviously you should only Rage when you have a follow-up move or two ready, or you think you can eliminate the enemy strike tiles...

Agreed with this. I had him at 4/4/5 before, keeping his green down so as to not overpower the enemy. But then I realised I almost always pair Wolverine up with Captain America, and his red is beastly so Patch's red almost never got used.
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Updated with Gamora
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

Agreed with this. I had him at 4/4/5 before, keeping his green down so as to not overpower the enemy. But then I realised I almost always pair Wolverine up with Captain America, and his red is beastly so Patch's red almost never got used.

Personally, I roll my Patch at 3/5/5. I love TBTI and I aim to use it almost every battle. I usually pair him with Black Panther or Daken, so I obviously don't use a better red on the team. But I do see that if you have only three covers in green, Patch isn't very useful with characters he has a lot if overlap with (Thor, IM40, Sentry)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    edited December 2014
    Options
    TBTI is still a powerful move at 3, I find. Since it's entirely dependant on how many Wolverine tiles are on the board, it can be more situational. I've had times when I've fired it off and done 0 damage, forgetting that he's outclassed by another character if they're boosted up for an event, for example. Green is *always* useful.

I'm curious about Daredevil now. I levelled him up when it came out to level 55 then gave up since he felt way too situational. Now his red is ungodly, so naturally you want to put 5 covers into that. Question is what to do with his blue and purple.
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    I'm curious about Daredevil now. I levelled him up when it came out to level 55 then gave up since he felt way too situational. Now his red is ungodly, so naturally you want to put 3 covers into that. Question is what to do with his blue and purple.
    I think his red is still quite good with some strike tiles on the board, i liked the old daredevil for what ever reason i knew he was terrible but still loved to play him, now he's still good but i miss his old red, his pink is now more situational and his blue is better in all areas, but for me optimum build is still 5/3/5 just because tho pink is situational, at 5 covers it can put out some good damage.

P.S. Does anyone have optimum build for elektra yet?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I'm curious for Loki, too.
    I'm assuming 5 for black, 3 for purple and 5 for green? Swapping tiles without doing damage doesn't feel like a high priority, IMO...but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm assuming 5 for black, 3 for purple and 5 for green? Swapping tiles without doing damage doesn't feel like a high priority, IMO...but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
    That's probably the best build. NorthernPolarity did a simulation of level 3 vs level 5 Illusions, and his conclusion was that the difference was marginal.

Regarding Daredevil I think 3/5/5 is probably the most useful build since stunning and extra damage is useful in any fight. There are definitely times when you wish you had 5 purple though...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    That's probably the best build. NorthernPolarity did a simulation of level 3 vs level 5 Illusions, and his conclusion was that the difference was marginal.

Regarding Daredevil I think 3/5/5 is probably the most useful build since stunning and extra damage is useful in any fight. There are definitely times when you wish you had 5 purple though...

Huh, the main page lists Loki as 3/5/5. That baffles me.
    Why wouldn't you want to change all of the tiles on the board instead of just a selection? If the answer is "How often do you really need to change more than 3 protect or strike tiles"...you've never fought Falcon, Patch, Bullseye or Daken or perhaps more I don't remember. Those aren't exactly unpopular characters.
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Huh, the main page lists Loki as 3/5/5. That baffles me.
    Why wouldn't you want to change all of the tiles on the board instead of just a selection? If the answer is "How often do you really need to change more than 3 protect or strike tiles"...you've never fought Falcon, Patch, Bullseye or Daken or perhaps more I don't remember. Those aren't exactly unpopular characters.

Oops my bad got the colours mixed up it was intended to be 5/3/5, i also misplaced him in the alphabetical order so obviously I wasn't too careful with Loki, thanks for pointing out the discrepancy