Best Builds

Options
turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
I think this thread willl come in handy for the upcoming RESPEC feature.

Lets summarize the best builds for our characters!

Invisible Woman : 3y / 5b / 5g
Wolverine (X-Force) : Queued for rebalance

Black Widow (Grey Suit) : 5g / 3r / 5p
Daredevil : Colors which you dont use on other characters. Also, he might be rebalanced.
Indestructible Hulk (***) : If using strike tile strategy: */*/5b . Green and red should be based on teammate usage
Iron Man (Model 40) : 5r / 5b / 3y (unless you need him for purple/black generation)
Magneto (Classic): Queued for rebalance. (Any build is good currently)
Psylocke (Classic): Not completely introduced (probably 5r / 3blue / 5black)
Spiderman (Classic): Queued for rebalance. ( 3y / 5b / 5p )
The Hood (Classic): 5y / 5blue / 3black
The Punisher (Dark Reign): 3b / 5g / 5r
Wolverine (Patch): Any build is good, should be built on your strategy. However level 4 abilities should be avoided.

Ares (Dark Avengers): 4g / 4r / 5y
Black Widow (Original): */ 5blue / 4+ black (* depends on which colors you need to steal)
Captain America (Modern) : If want to place countdown tiles to any tile: 3y / 5r / 5b, else 5/4/4
Hawkeye (Modern): 5b / 5r / 3p
Magneto (Marvel NOW!): * / 5p / 4+ b
Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel): 5p / 5r / 3b
Storm (Classic): 5g / 5b / 3y
Thor (Marvel NOW!): 3r / 5y / 5g
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men): 5g / 5r / 3y

Iron Man (Model 35) 5r / 5y / 3b
Storm (Modern): 5g / 5r / 3b

Comments

• Thor: 3/5/5
    Ares: 4/4/5
    Wolverine (Astonishing): 5/5/3
    Black Widow (Original): 3/5/5
    Moonstone: 5/5/3
    Hawkeye (Modern): 5/5/3
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!): 4/5/4
  • I still think the recommended build for IM40 should be 5/5/2.

Classic Storm should be 5g/5b/3y, right? She's the big one I need to respec.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I still think the recommended build for IM40 should be 5/5/2.

Classic Storm should be 5g/5b/3y, right? She's the big one I need to respec.

C.Storm is a tossup I feel. Her yellow is still decent, but 5 blue only increases the stun duration, which I doubt is the biggest impact of the skill (if it also increases damage, whoops, I didn't catch that unlisted feature a la Magneto's purple).
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    C.Storm is a tossup I feel. Her yellow is still decent, but 5 blue only increases the stun duration, which I doubt is the biggest impact of the skill (if it also increases damage, whoops, I didn't catch that unlisted feature a la Magneto's purple).

Unlisted damage bumps are so f-ing annoying.

It's bad enough we have to scour the internet to find this information in the first place. It's even worse that players have to do their own trial and error to find these unlisted features.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this thread is a bit misguided. Not all players will agree on the best builds, and there are whole threads about each character where people discuss their build suggestions.
  • turul
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think this thread is a bit misguided. Not all players will agree on the best builds, and there are whole threads about each character where people discuss their build suggestions.

Yes, i jus:-) t tried to summarize it so players dont have to browse through. Where it is no best build, there are comments left.
    At least, if this thread really misguides someone, there will be a RESPEC system to fix that icon_e_smile.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would argue that OBW's optimal build is 3/5/5: stealing 4 isn't too likely since that would mean that your opponent would need to make more than one match per color, and its not worth the +2AP cost on purple.
  • Best Build:

Doom, 5 blue, 5 black.

icon_e_biggrin.gif can't go wrong.
  • Bagman 1/1/1.

Tada! He might actually be tolerable!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best Build:

Doom, 5 blue, 5 black.

icon_e_biggrin.gif can't go wrong.

Yeah I don't think Dr. Banner will appreciate you trying to break his brand new energy reactor. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    IceIX wrote:
    o Power Shifting may only be done to a character that has 13/13 abilities
  • Best build for moonstone in pve is 1/5/5 . Upgrading purple just makes it harder to use as you cant pick the tile / color of the tile moved. With 1 point you can match black/purple if there are only one of those or do match up of any color and bit of dmg(by destryoing a tile and making a match that way). Raising the purple just makes it impossible to use as there are usually wide variety of special tile colors. This isnt as much of an issue in pvp as 1. she is **** 2. there are only 1 or 2 special tile colors usually.

She really needs color selection or tile selection for her purple.
  • I still use my Thor as a tank green-AP battery with 5/5/3 and he works pretty well combined with Heroes that do use green pretty well (e.g. GSBW, Patch).

Just an option that's still viable.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Thor: 3/5/5

This is better
    Thor: 5/5/3
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!): 3/5/5
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I still think the recommended build for IM40 should be 5/5/2.

It depends on team composition. I like 3 yellow because green powers tend to be damage dealers. I've been running Patch/Spidey/IM40 for a lot of the Simulator missions. The extra green AP makes the difference between stun-locking for 30 minutes to kill with match damage/Unibeams and being able to lay down strike tiles to chew them up in 5 minutes.
  • Reflecting on it, you make a good point. Green has really become a power color now that they have added Hulk, Ares, Patch in the past few months
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Celerity wrote:

This is better

Absolutely agree with that spec on magneto. Red generates Ap and blue does not. If you don't Get that red to 5 you dont Get a surpluss in Ap spent / gained. Red 5 makes his synergy and battlefield control much greater then What blue offers.
  • turul
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    Celerity wrote:

This is better

Absolutely agree with that spec on magneto. Red generates Ap and blue does not. If you don't Get that red to 5 you dont Get a surpluss in Ap spent / gained. Red 5 makes his synergy and battlefield control much greater then What blue offers.

However 4 in red costs less AP, some ppl might find that way better. However I agree, 5 s better in my point of view.
  • rabican wrote:
    Best build for moonstone in pve is 1/5/5 . Upgrading purple just makes it harder to use as you cant pick the tile / color of the tile moved. With 1 point you can match black/purple if there are only one of those or do match up of any color and bit of dmg(by destryoing a tile and making a match that way). Raising the purple just makes it impossible to use as there are usually wide variety of special tile colors. This isnt as much of an issue in pvp as 1. she is **** 2. there are only 1 or 2 special tile colors usually.

She really needs color selection or tile selection for her purple.

I wish they would just give moonstone the option to either make a swap or wipe the the tile and do damage, The AI doesnt seem to have this limitation anyway.
  • turul
    Options
    RESPEC is active! (Update your client)
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    My Original Black Widow is 5/5/3. I really like her as she is (stealing 4 AP of every color from 3 or 4 matches) but I've heard 3/5/5 is even better. Should I respec her? I just got a black cover from a token.