Best Builds

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like 454 for MNMags. I'm much more likely to use his red at 11AP than at 14AP. Blue will most likely be used by someone else, but if he's the last man standing I'd rather have a 3 turn countdown for the boom.

That's where my MNMags is at and I very much like him there. Not only that, but the 5th dot in Red ramps up the cost to 14, which is a pretty darn big difference IMHO - I primarily use his red for damage, not AP gathering.
  • themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Updated with 4* Thor and devil dino
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    How can you post 5/5/3 for Dino when you don't want to be using his abilities in the first place and purple is extremely rare for teams Dino is supposed to be on (scary defensive teams)?
    It's too early to say about GT but her best build most probably revolves around 5 red.
  • Storm Classic (2*) 3/5/5 should be considered as well cause it helps a lot against strong ennemies that you can counter easily with her yellow.
  • Storm Classic (2*) 3/5/5 should be considered as well cause it helps a lot against strong ennemies that you can counter easily with her yellow.

"Getting your face beat in" is not generally considered a good strategy, so people prefer to max both active skills. There are times when your green user will die.
  • Updated with 4* Thor and devil dino

Consensus on Goddess is 5/3/5
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Sorry guys on the Thor Goddess build, on the c storm topic 5 in blue isnt necessary and 5 in green is a good way to go, also put up ms.marvel based on her already announced powers and what people think but no one's played with her yet and he powers could potentially change so she's just there for the sake of it
  • ark123 wrote:
    Storm Classic (2*) 3/5/5 should be considered as well cause it helps a lot against strong ennemies that you can counter easily with her yellow.

"Getting your face beat in" is not generally considered a good strategy, so people prefer to max both active skills. There are times when your green user will die.

Mine is 3/5/5 and I've never regretted it. Her green is still ok at 3, and I almost never used it even when I had it at 5. Her yellow has saved me about a million times as often as her green has. If your green user is out, yellow is even more likely to win you a match, since the uber-damage is more likely to kick in.
  • This thread should be stickied.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Prelim tests with a 3/5/5 Dino in the S7 GT node suggest that his purple directly generates at least one match-3 at least half the time, occasionally sets up a match-5 (without a direct match), and occasionally generates a multi-match cascade. My most successful Tiny Arms cascade generated 26 AP.
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Prelim tests with a 3/5/5 Dino in the S7 GT node suggest that his purple directly generates at least one match-3 at least half the time, occasionally sets up a match-5 (without a direct match), and occasionally generates a multi-match cascade. My most successful Tiny Arms cascade generated 26 AP.

Really? That's the best I've ever heard come out of prehistoric arms, but as a consensus people are still choosing the 5/5/3 but who knows, i have heard a lot of people mention 3/5/5
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    also, everyone happy with the change to ms marvel from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5?
  • HailMary wrote:

I've actually seen similar results. My Dino just happened to finish 3/5/5 and it feels like I get a match the majority of the time from Tiny Arms. I've been pairing him with Patch, dropping Berserker Rage and then Tiny Arms to get extra match damage.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Dino is useless, but why not 4/4/5? Seems fair or does it have something to do with Red being more useful than Green compared to the other 4*s? If so, Thor is coming with Red, so that would even things back out.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    My Dino is useless, but why not 4/4/5? Seems fair or does it have something to do with Red being more useful than Green compared to the other 4*s? If so, Thor is coming with Red, so that would even things back out.

There's a big jump on damage from 4 to 5 covers on his red and green skills. Makes more sense to have one at 5 and one at 3 than both at 4. Red is arguably better to have at 5 just because the most commonly used PVP characters tend to have better green skills than red skills.
  • 5/5/3 for She-Hulk is definitely wrong. 5/3/5 is the only way to go, her green is terrible.
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    5/5/3 for She-Hulk is definitely wrong. 5/3/5 is the only way to go, her green is terrible.

Haha yea sorry about that it was that originally but I changed it because I got confused by the poll on her character discussion
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    Storm Classic (2*) 3/5/5 should be considered as well cause it helps a lot against strong ennemies that you can counter easily with her yellow.

Mine is 3/5/5 and I've never regretted it. Her green is still ok at 3, and I almost never used it even when I had it at 5. Her yellow has saved me about a million times as often as her green has. If your green user is out, yellow is even more likely to win you a match, since the uber-damage is more likely to kick in.

Same here, in story events it's the best build cause you can counter high "all chars damages" with a single fatal blow, and trust me it's really powerful when you get 2000 x 3 x 3 damages, cause it can be on all the chars (YES, it means that this counter can reach 18000 ! but... once every 2h.).
  • themoneymaker
    Options
    Since the Cstorm debates still going on, Nonce could you please add a poll to her character page for a best build if its not too much trouble?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the Cstorm debates still going on, Nonce could you please add a poll to her character page for a best build if its not too much trouble?

I'm not sure how much of a debate there really is. 3 greenflag.png 5 yellowflag.png is preferred once you've made your way into 3* territory, but prior to that 5 greenflag.png 3 yellowflag.png is preferred. It's all about options, and once you get into 3* territory, there are WAY better uses for that green.