**** Elektra (Unkillable) ****

ErikPeter
ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=elektra4]Elektra (Unkillable)[/anchor] icon_elektra.png
3 Star Rarity (legendary) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 13974 Tile Damage: 11/64/10/82/09/73/3.0
    Double-Double Cross - Cost: 7 Purple AP
    Elektra has “defected” to the enemy team, she’s working for them while secretly feeding her true allies powerful information. Elektra steals 1 enemy strike tile, improving it’s strength by 73, but she also converts 3 random purple basic tiles into enemy strike tiles of strength 9.
      Level 2. The stolen tile increases its strength by 110 Level 3. Elektra steals up to 2 enemy strike tiles, increasing their strength by 73. Level 4. The stolen tile increases its strength by 93. Level 5. Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 123.
    Max Level: Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 245.
      Shadow Step - Cost: 10 Black AP
      Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 274 damage.
        Level 2. Elektra converts 3 tiles into trap tiles Level 3. Trap tiles deal 310 damage Level 4. Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles Level 5. Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 466 damage
      Max Level: Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 925 damage
        Ballet of Death - Cost: 8 Red AP
        Death is a dance and only Elektra knows the next blood-soaked step. She converts a random basic Red tile into a trap tile. As long as this tile is on the board, it deals 150 damage to the target enemy at the beginning of every turn.
          Level 2. The Trap tile deals 210 damage every turn. Level 3. The Trap tile deals 270 damage every turn. Level 4. The Trap tile deals 390 damage every turn. Level 5. The Trap tile deals 630 damage every turn.
        Max Level: The Trap tile deals 1247 damage every turn.

Last Major Update: 2014-05 / Earlier Discussion

Earlier post:
        Hey All

Miles from Demiurge here to let you know about some new character updates that are coming soon to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Elektra (Unkillable) - Coming 4/17/15
        Elektra is a very unique character in MPQ. She plays very differently from other characters in that she is capable of dealing huge amounts of damage but only indirectly. She’s also the only character in the game who can stop any amount of damage. We wanted to update Elektra, but maintain her unique playstyle, and we found we were able to make her more powerful without being unbalanced.

Old Max Health: 10,960
        New Max Health: 13,974

purpletile.pngDouble-Double Cross - Cost: 7 Purple AP - OLD
        Elektra has “defected” to the enemy team, she’s working for them while secretly feeding her true allies powerful information. Elektra steals 1 enemy strike tile, improving it’s strength by 55, but she also converts 3 random purple basic tiles into enemy strike tiles of strength 9.
        Upgrades:
          2. The stolen tile increases its strength by 95. 3. The stolen tile increases its strength by 128 4. Elektra steals up to 2 enemy strike tiles, increasing their strength by 73. 5. Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 102. MAX LV 5: Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 203.

purpletile.pngDouble-Double Cross - Cost: 7 Purple AP - NEW
        Elektra has “defected” to the enemy team, she’s working for them while secretly feeding her true allies powerful information. Elektra steals 1 enemy strike tile, improving it’s strength by 73, but she also converts 3 random purple basic tiles into enemy strike tiles of strength 9.
        Upgrades:
          2. The stolen tile increases its strength by 110 3. Elektra steals up to 2 enemy strike tiles, increasing their strength by 73. 4. The stolen tile increases its strength by 93. 5. Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 123. MAX LV 5: Elektra steals 1 additional strike tile if there’s a friendly trap tile on the board. Stolen tiles increase their strength by 245.

blacktile.pngShadow Step - Cost: 10 Black AP - OLD
        Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 137 damage.
        Upgrades:
          2. Trap tiles deal 301 damage 3. Elektra converts 3 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 210 damage 4. Trap tiles deal 429 damage 5. Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles MAX LV 5: Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 852 damage

blacktile.pngShadow Step - Cost: 10 Black AP - NEW
        Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts 2 random basic Black tiles into trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing 274 damage.
        Upgrades:
          2. Elektra converts 3 tiles into trap tiles 3. Trap tiles deal 310 damage 4. Elektra converts 4 tiles into trap tiles 5. Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 466 damage MAX LV 5: Elektra converts 5 tiles into trap tiles, tiles deal 925 damage

redtile.pngBallet of Death - Cost: 10 Red AP - OLD
        Death is a dance and only Elektra knows the next blood-soaked step. She converts a random basic Red tile into a trap tile. As long as this tile is on the board, it deals 137 damage to the target enemy at the beginning of every turn.
        Upgrades:
          2. The Trap tile deals 192 damage every turn. 3. The Trap tile deals 247 damage every turn. 4. The Trap tile deals 356 damage every turn. 5. The Trap tile deals 575 damage every turn. MAX LV 5: The Trap tile deals 1142 damage every turn.

redtile.pngBallet of Death - Cost: 8 Red AP - NEW
        Death is a dance and only Elektra knows the next blood-soaked step. She converts a random basic Red tile into a trap tile. As long as this tile is on the board, it deals 150 damage to the target enemy at the beginning of every turn.
        Upgrades:
          2. The Trap tile deals 210 damage every turn. 3. The Trap tile deals 270 damage every turn. 4. The Trap tile deals 390 damage every turn. 5. The Trap tile deals 630 damage every turn. MAX LV 5: The Trap tile deals 1247 damage every turn.

[Extracted from original post. It and further discussion on the change can be found here].
        Original post:

So she's going to be a bit better as of the 17th. I imagine her trap can still be overwritten though.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• himatako
          himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
          Can't they just make her red trap dealing damage when it is matched or replaced by the opponent? I mean, she's a 4 stars so I don't think this is too much to ask. :-/
        • simonsez
          simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
          himatako wrote:
          Can't they just make her red trap dealing damage when it is matched or replaced by the opponent? I mean, she's a 4 stars so I don't think this is too much to ask. :-/
          You say that as if 4*s are supposed to be better than 3*s. I no longer see any evidence to support that.
        • Why there is no 355 option in the pool? Against most teams with no strike tiles its a good build, as red strike tiles by Blade and LDaken can screw her easily.

And her red should just make an invisible attack tile, not a trap, really.
        • simonsez
          ShionSinX wrote:
          Why there is no 355 option in the pool? Against most teams with no strike tiles its a good build, as red strike tiles by Blade and LDaken can screw her easily.
          And this the problem. You're basically going into any battle with either her red or purple pretty much useless. And it's not like her black is so awesome that it's worth handicapping yourself that way. I just can't believe they actually modified her and still left her this way.
        • simonsez wrote:
          ShionSinX wrote:
          Why there is no 355 option in the pool? Against most teams with no strike tiles its a good build, as red strike tiles by Blade and LDaken can screw her easily.
          And this the problem. You're basically going into any battle with either her red or purple pretty much useless. And it's not like her black is so awesome that it's worth handicapping yourself that way. I just can't believe they actually modified her and still left her this way.
          Well, isnt LCap yellow useless always? And GSBW red? And BP blue? Some characters have 'not-so-good' powers, ends up shes a 4* with that but not always at least. You can either go 553 to fight those Blade/Patch/LDaken teams with strike tiles or you dont and use 355 when there's no such enemy.
        • simonsez
          ShionSinX wrote:
          Well, isnt LCap yellow useless always? And GSBW red? And BP blue?
          Yes, and their non-**** abilities make up for that. Elektra's black isn't as good these characters' good abilities.
        • Black is probably the best skill in the game, you can deny the whole damage of a skill

The problems with it are 2
          1: Elektra is not Hulk, she wont and wouldnt tank for your team, so traps that only work if she is in front is stupid
          2: The damage dealt by each trap is silly, i mean yeah you denied a Smite and you dealt what? 800 damage? saved yourself but not enough to turn the scales

And thats the whole definition of her, just not enough power
        • Agent Alex wrote:
          Black is probably the best skill in the game, you can deny the whole damage of a skill

The problems with it are 2
          1: Elektra is not Hulk, she wont and wouldnt tank for your team, so traps that only work if she is in front is stupid
          2: The damage dealt by each trap is silly, i mean yeah you denied a Smite and you dealt what? 800 damage? saved yourself but not enough to turn the scales

And thats the whole definition of her, just not enough power

Black is her best skill yea, but i think its not true that she wont tank, With the increase healthboost she has more health than Hulk and If she is above lvl 225+ she will tank whatever 166 3* with similar colours, she should always take purple and black anyway at least. But the best to abuse her black probably, is to pair her with lower lvl heroes so she does stay in front more often.
          I agree the the dmg dealt by each trap is abit low, i think if you trigger all the traps it does 4.6k+, but the good thing is you get black ap for each trap that triggers, so the second cast will be cheaper.
        • What i implied by that is that true tanks are prepared for that
          Hulk has Anger, Colossus has his yellow defensive move, Cage has a passive, even Dino has an annoying low cost move to make you regret facing him
          Skills that make the others think when and how they want to hit you
          she will eat your health packs until you manage to trigger her skill, and in defense you just have to swap your target and shake the board

I can see a 445 or 355, with Cyclops just there feeding her red and maybe you can set 2 traps and protect yourself with black, but its a gamble and not sure if worth the trouble (Maybe with Khan around to keep you alive)
        • simonsez
          Agent Alex wrote:
          I can see a 445 or 355, with Cyclops just there feeding her red
          If I've got cyclops generating red, I'd rather just use his for guaranteed damage and board shake. I'd also rather use his black and do massive damage up-front. These two sound like a pretty bad pairing. And shows how awful she still is, if I'd still prefer using a 3* instead of her.
        • well sure, i wouldnt user her in pvp, more about a pve approach
          She deals 2k per turn and you can't touch her per at least 4-5 turns, it could come down in handy while Cyclops would be stunned using black and yuo might not want that facing 300 Ares

But again, more about finding her a pairing to use her, its pretty hard to do that already, she sucks too bad

When i saw the buff i thought it was a serious thing but they did it only to show they were working on several stuff
          all that text saying how they wanted to improve her while they only added her like 5-10% damage and did no change, who would buy that tinykitty?
        • simonsez
          Agent Alex wrote:
          But again, more about finding her a pairing to use her, its pretty hard to do that already, she sucks too bad
          Yep... frustrating that this is what consitutes a "buff" in their minds. I still maintain the only thing she's good for is to bring her purple into a node with muscle goons.
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          What's interesting about her is that she completely counters King-Pin.

He creates 7 tiles for his yellow. 5 of which do damage, hmmmm and now she has 5 damage blockers, the other 2 create strike tiles, which she can obliterate. If King-Pin becomes a thing, she would be a good counter.
        • simonsez
          Phaserhawk wrote:
          What's interesting about her is that she completely counters King-Pin.

He creates 7 tiles for his yellow. 5 of which do damage, hmmmm and now she has 5 damage blockers, the other 2 create strike tiles, which she can obliterate. If King-Pin becomes a thing, she would be a good counter.
          Interesting, but her traps have the same problem that his countdowns have: keeping them around long enough. Plus she has the added handicapping that you're dependent on the board offering matches that alternately she does or doesn't tank, in order to keep her traps in sync with the countdowns. I'd call it somewhat of a counter, not a complete counter.
        • dkffiv
          dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
          Almost all the trap tiles would be destroyed immediately due to cascades. Usually end up taking 2 sources of damage per turn.
        • simonsez wrote:
          ShionSinX wrote:
          Well, isnt LCap yellow useless always? And GSBW red? And BP blue?
          Yes, and their non-**** abilities make up for that. Elektra's black isn't as good these characters' good abilities.
          I know that its not the most accepted concensus, but as pointed before her black can be used to deny 100% damage from any single-target ability and 'scratch' back. Even now, before the buffs incoming, she alredy can deny a LOT of damage, specially if you have strike tiles avaliable to boost the counter and make it even more worth.

Patch is not an end game character, but he has a good combo with green giving enemy strike tiles, then you steal some back (or most if going for 355 patch) and hide behind 2k counters on Elektra's black.

And even tho she doesnt has a high HP yet, how many blueflag.png + redflag.png Smites can Hulk or LThor take? Two? She can take 4 and not losing a single HP. Its funny that her blackflag.png works even stunned.
        • Daredevil redflag.png also works stunned, not interesting probably a mistakee

her black in Theory is interesting but in game will never work like that, you have more chances of having her destroyed before you can pull a move than she stops 4 Smites, which needless to say wouldnt do much if you deny 4k-7k-10k increasing damage and deal back 800 each time lol
        • Gagutz
          Gagutz Posts: 104
          Was curious which build you guys think would be more beneficial post update.

Thank you
        • sinnerjfl
          sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
          The change to her red didnt change the main problem with it (its easy to get it overridden by a lot of abilities).
          It's just not worth investing into.
        • go to her character thread and find out

Pro tip: don't use her