**** Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) **** Updated (8/22/17)

Options

Comments

• notamutant wrote:
    My alliance lost its top players because we came in 52 place after a week of grinding.

Yeah we got 51rst. That sucked so freaking hard.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
      Level 2: Creates 3 3 turn Countdown tiles Level 3: Also creates a 4 turn [/color]
    (Blue) Countdown tile that creates 2 Strike tiles of strength 46.
    Level 4: Also creates a 5 turn
    (Black) Countdown tile that deals 1553 damage.
    Level 5: Creates 3 3 turn, 2 4 turn, 2 5 turn Countdown tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles. Level 4 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 91 Strike tiles / 3083 damage. Level 5 - 1451 damage / 2 strength 151 Strike tiles / 3083 damage.
    [/list]

Shouldn't Level 5 read 1451 damage / 4(?) strength 151 Strike tiles / 3083 (x2) damage? From what I see, level 5 doubles the blue and black countdown tiles.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary):

You are simply (insert any curse in your native language).
  • This better be a season award. If the next PVE introduces another new 4* it may be the first one I don't bother trying on. This PVE has been terrible, and I need a break.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting dynamic. If you build 3/5/5, you run the (possibly good) risk of exploding the 3053 tile for 1895 damage. Of course, you might also explode a strike tile or the weaker damage, where net effect is positive.

So is 5/3/5 worth it so your ROI on the countdowns is maximized, or is it better to accept the risk and maximize the CD generation? I lean toward the latter, but looks like a fun thing to mathematize.

3/5/5 Hood will help this character, but as we see with Sentry, 3 turns is still an eternity, let alone 5. Synergy with new IW in helping protect them?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting dynamic. If you build 3/5/5, you run the (possibly good) risk of exploding the 3053 tile for 1895 damage.
    Another argument for 5 black. For me, with that damage/AP ratio, I can't see not putting 5 there.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like a 5/4/4 build to me. Not exited though.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 - Black used elsewhere build / Max CD-tile fun
    5/5/3 - Yellow used elsewhere build / just creating CD's mainy to pop them with black
    5/3/5 - Maximum dmg, but slower yellow-gen
    4/5/4 as 3/5/5 alternative.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Calling it now: Black cover will be the PvE alliance reward. Guaranteed.

With that out of the way...
    5 black when used in combination with Falcon's blue seems SUPER fun against nodes/enemy daken.

Fun combo aside, 355 really does seem like the go-to build. The black will still deal 3000 damage if you're desperate and the other two abilities just seem more desirable when you consider the sheer amount of great black abilities in this game.

535 isn't exactly terrible either if you have no other black spender in the party configuration. Generating 5 yellow should be more than enough to use his yellow in actual play just from natural tile matching. I just don't see people wanting to give up characters like XF, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Cyclops to instead focus on Kingpins black.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting dynamic. If you build 3/5/5, you run the (possibly good) risk of exploding the 3053 tile for 1895 damage. Of course, you might also explode a strike tile or the weaker damage, where net effect is positive.

So is 5/3/5 worth it so your ROI on the countdowns is maximized, or is it better to accept the risk and maximize the CD generation? I lean toward the latter, but looks like a fun thing to mathematize.

3/5/5 Hood will help this character, but as we see with Sentry, 3 turns is still an eternity, let alone 5. Synergy with new IW in helping protect them?

I was thinking the same thing.

I mean do you turn him into a black spamming damage dealer? I mean it would be 878 per AP ratio as long as you have 1 friendly CD tile out or do you essentially turn him into a goon of your own trying to spam tiles out as quickly as possible to just overwhelm the opponent?

PvP I see 5/5/3 as the best way to go I mean he does more damage than X-Force with his black, just no AP steal and you would just need 2 friendly CD tiles out

PvE I see a few different options, 3/5/5, 5/5/3, 4/4/5 etc.

Here's what some people may miss

Lvl 3 yellow you create --4 tiles, 3 are yellow the small damage and 1 is the blue strike tile generator
    Lvl 4 yelllow you create--5 tiles, 3 are yellow small damage, 1 is blue strike tile, 1 is black big damage
    Lvl 5 yellow you create--7 tiles, 3 are yellow small dmg, 2 blue strike tile, 2 black big damage

if you could get all of these to resolve level 5 yellow would do 11,727 dmg but it would take you 5 turns

I do and don't see a lot of Hood help. You would probably need Hood 3/5/5 and this guy 3/5/5 to have the best pairing since you would need new guys yellow and Hood's black to make it worth while

Here's my overall take

blackflag.png --I think this requires at minimum 4, this is a very cheap damage ability and it just needs one CD tile out, that's not hard, you combo this with Falcon in PvE goon battles and you have a nice duo

purpleflag.png This is a 3 of or 5 of cover as 4 covers just sucks so that should at least help some people figure out builds, I like people able to do a tax free conversion of 8 purple to 8 yellow, but how often is that going to make or break me? 10 yellow is not that expensive and if I stumble into purple early 5 yellow plus denial might be enough, turning this guy into a Thor accelerator is interesting but again you are spending turns collecting a color that turns into another color and that's pretty much it. If someone is gong to use him as a self accelerator I'm not sure 5 purple is necessary because why are you accelerating into a skill that you then have to wait for?

yellowflag.png This is a fun skill, not sure how powerful it will be but it does put a lot of damage on the board.

For me I think 5/3/5 is the way to go, that black is way too good not to use, I mean even if you blow up a black tile you are still getting more damage than if that tile went off by itself and the odds of those black tiles going off themselves are quite low in the 5 CD range, plus I just don't find myself ever feeling good about using his purple to generate yellow, I think this is more a defensive skill and at level 3 is strong enough.

Projected best pairings.

Loki--They match 4, you do 5k worth of damage if you have enough black
    Falcon--Redwing targets, you blow it up and redwing goes again, this should be a fun PvE duo
    Sentry?--he would give you lots of targets but not sure chasing his green would be better than chasing your own yellow
    XForce--If you pair these 2 and are in a pinch you could opt for the cheaper Recovery/this guy's black combo if you need someone dead now

The hitpoints on this guy are huge so he can take a beating and would tank 2 of 3 colors for X-Force, this guy appears to be an 8500 3* upgrade and looks to be in the same power level as Captain America so he will be useable
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Realistically, there are only two characters you will see in PvP with countdown tiles: Steve Rogers and Kingpin. Kingpin is a counter to himself if you put 5 in black. Even if he would theoretically be better with another build, you need 5 in black to counter other Kingpins.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Realistically, there are only two characters you will see in PvP with countdown tiles: Steve Rogers and Kingpin. Kingpin is a counter to himself if you put 5 in black. Even if he would theoretically be better with another build, you need 5 in black to counter other Kingpins.
    You will seldom see LCap and Kingpin in PvP. You will see a ton of Loki and XF though.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding his black, but in what way do they counter each other in a mirror match?
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    You will seldom see LCap and Kingpin in PvP. You will see a ton of Loki and XF though.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding his black, but in what way do they counter each other in a mirror match?
    He doesn't. Kingp-, er, I mean "this character" only destroys friendly CD tiles, so he doesn't counter an enemy who can create CD's.
  • And his purple feeds very well into his yellow, which in turn feeds his extremely cheap black.

And with the high health, I think Kingpin will be a very competent 4 star.

I'm not sure who he would work well with. Green/Red/Blue is a very rare combination. There's Rags, but he's trash. She Hulk is low tier, but playable.

I would play him with Magneto or Cap, most likely.
  • Finally a 13,700 health character. Now XF will only be the 4th third highest health character and we can stop that ridiculous argument.

Powers look interesting at the least, will need a feel for the character before I can decide on a build. Does have a bit of falcon synergy with the black.

Magneto would be an interesting choice, as you don't see his yellow being used very often anyway. Cap might be dangerous tho, you could accidentally eat your shield return.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Finally a 13,700 health character. Now XF will only be the 4th third highest health character and we can stop that ridiculous argument.

Powers look interesting at the least, will need a feel for the character before I can decide on a build. Does have a bit of falcon synergy with the black.

Magneto would be an interesting choice, as you don't see his yellow being used very often anyway. Cap might be dangerous tho, you could accidentally eat your shield return.

Moonstone Control shift, steal a goons CD, convert it for 3000 damage. All for 23 black!
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Assuming this is Kingpin, does anyone else think it's more than slightly ironic that he plays pretty well with Daredevil? Rainbow coverage minus green, and you could even Billy Club stun someone then blow up the countdown tile. icon_razz.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My guess at what the character is. I'm only going by what's been released.

What I notice in the abilities:
    Yellow creates multiple CD tiles like IM40. AP generation and destruction. 'Evil' colors (black/purple).
    Who I think it is:
    Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn), Dark Avengers Iron Man

Unrelated: The black ability reminds me of Daken's active.
  • I thought the abilities seemed very similar to the Maggia Don goon, which makes me think this is Kingpin
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be cool, and could make this character a true 4*, if black would trigger the CD tile regardless of turns left instead of destroying it for dmg. (or reduced dmg + CD trigger)