*** Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) ***

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very cool to see info like this.
    Pretty happy with those abilities.

1. This definitely fits with my concept of Drax. I like that "12 Black AP" works as a kind of "rage cap" - once he goes past that limit he "flips" and starts dealing extra damage and throwing out extra strikes, etc. Thinking about it now, this could also describe Sabretooth.

2. New health tier grows again. It does throw a bit of a question over Drax (or Sabretooth).

3. That rank 5 purple. 5 AP to convert 9 tiles or 4k damage.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I wonder if the 2nd power "Focuses Energy" is a hint.

Could it literally be energy like Psylocke's psionic energy or just they focus their energy in a general sense
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Sullstar wrote:

Could it literally be energy like Psylocke's psionic energy or just they focus their energy in a general sense
    Energy in a general sense. Since it either converts tiles or strikes for a bunch of damage, the wording seemed fitting. I tried to keep everything as completely neutral in tone as possible.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Sullstar wrote:

Energy in a general sense. Since it either converts tiles or strikes for a bunch of damage, the wording seemed fitting. I tried to keep everything as completely neutral in tone as possible.

It still sounds like Bishop to me. Please be him!
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    They seem bizarrely good, there - tremendous free and low AP damage + 7,650 health with a 4.5 critical multiplier. icon_eek.gif

I am drawn to guess Drax also, except it's a bit weird to make the other Guardians synergize with the explicit exception that black is the only colour Starlord doesn't work with because "Quill’s not into helping out the vindictive side of his friends"...

I'll take a bolder punt then, and say with the next event being Prodigal Sun + The Hood likely essential in it = we're getting a much-needed new villain.

My guess: LADY DEATHSTRIKE!
    (Modern stylish version in a non-regenerating host body, not one of the goofier old-school forms.)

Would tie in well with mutant & The Hand stories, and those powers are built to be extremely annoying with black-generating Hand ninjas...
  • TheVulture wrote:
    They seem bizarrely good, there - tremendous free and low AP damage + 7,650 health with a 4.5 critical multiplier. icon_eek.gif

I am drawn to guess Drax also, except it's a bit weird to make the other Guardians synergize with the explicit exception that black is the only colour Starlord doesn't work with because "Quill’s not into helping out the vindictive side of his friends"...

I'll take a bolder punt then, and say with the next event being Prodigal Sun + The Hood likely essential in it = we're getting a much-needed new villain.

My guess: LADY DEATHSTRIKE!
    (Modern stylish version in a non-regenerating host body, not one of the goofier old-school forms.)

Would tie in well with mutant & The Hand stories, and those powers are built to be extremely annoying with black-generating Hand ninjas...

I'm guessing Green Goblin.
  • I don't think it's necessarily a villain but someone who walks the line of good/evil. Blade is black/purple/green.

Honestly it could even be a black suit spidey.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    I don't think it's necessarily a villain but someone who walks the line of good/evil. Blade is black/purple/green.

Honestly it could even be a black suit spidey.

Not seein that - doesn't seem like a strike tile generator to me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So 5 purple to feed XForce all day. Fun!

Obvious synergy with Mags-Mystique and with Doom too. And all while immediate bleeding the enemy for ~500 a turn. Good lord.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Moral wrote:
    "XYZ quickly dismantles their opponents."

'Their' gender neutral individual or are we looking at a team like Rocket and Groot?

If that's the case, I'm going to crazily suggest Cloak & Dagger.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Incidentally, since we're getting leaks anyway, I much prefer this kind of pre-release. Turul's thread is still fun, but seeing the full ability from the word go is great for knowing how hard to fight after a character.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds like Iron Fist to me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sorry, but that character is just way too strong...

I wish I had an X-Force to run with that character and I wish I had Thoress to go with it.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Let me be the first to say: Come on, devs, nerf Unknown already, sheesh! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Let me be the first to say: Come on, devs, nerf Unknown already, sheesh! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Unknown has ruined the game for me with the way he/she/it shows up all the time in hypothetical PvP nodes that I'm projecting I will see in the future! /ragequit
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Incidentally, since we're getting leaks anyway, I much prefer this kind of pre-release. Turul's thread is still fun, but seeing the full ability from the word go is great for knowing how hard to fight after a character.
    As long as you always keep in mind that pre-release info is just that, stuff that hasn't come out yet and is up for change, that's great. It's weird to see sometimes how invested people get in sheer *wording* in the other threads. Like when we changed "Play every day for a Guaranteed 3-Star!" to "It's packing some sweet prizes and goodies so play EVERY DAY!" and people suddenly thought something was lost. Mined/pre-release info is always up for change, although naturally we'd prefer not to have to. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Fist could be, but idk, doesn't seem right to me - the attack names are very Iron Fist, though.

This 'converting energy' thing is bugging me, though - maybe it's Bishop. As awesome as that would be, he seems random.

Mayhaps Iceman? That's how his powers works; he manipulations the energy/matter around him. The other two abilities don't really fit him, though.

This could potential be Magik, too? Between manipulating timespace for her teleporting, her manipulating matter for polymorphing, and her various magical abilities - I can buy it, but it's a stretch 'cause all the abilities seem physically based.

//////

All, this format is awesome. Keep it up. Between hype man turul getting our creative thinking going and this getting us to try and pin characters to abilities - this is a lot of awesome fun.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure who it is, but I sure want one!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drax would be my guess as well.

Either way, a 3/5/5 of this guy (or gal) will probably end up being bffs with my Xforce/Daken tag team.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    brisashi wrote:
    Sounds like Iron Fist to me icon_e_smile.gif

The colors are way off. I'd sooner pick Green / Yellow / Red. Black or purple I can maybe see, but black and purple? nawww.