*** Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) ***

1356729

Comments

  • AronditeArondite Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna die laughing when this is revealed to be X-23 and she can't be used on a team with any other wolverine.

    Bye bye, Thorverine's perfect partner.
  • DaveR4470DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    My serious guess would be Drax, as this skillset seems like it might be designed to play well with Star Lord / R&G / Gamora...

    Out of left-field guesses:
    • Quicksilver (will be appearing in a small movie coming out soon that some of you may have read about....)
    • Ultron (ditto, plus we're overdue for a bad guy)
    Silly guess:
    • Lazy Deadpool
  • john1620bjohn1620b Age Unconfirmed Posts: 367
    edited February 2015
    I agree that this character seems rather overpowered. How in the world do the same character designers create Beast, and this character? icon_eek.gif

    5 purple seems like a must, so in deciding the best build, here are some quick numbers. (Obviously this is a best-case scenario, so it's not super accurate.) Let's just say you can get three green matches right away, and cast Damage Strike then.

    5 greenflag.png / 5 purpleflag.png / 3 blackflag.png
    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 260 attack tile
    Turn 3: 260 attack tile
    Turn 4: 260 attack tile + 926 green damage + 369 strike tiles (tile match)
    Turn 5: 260 attack tile + 369 strike tiles + 369 strike tiles (tile match)
    Turn 6: 260 attack tile + 369 strike tiles + 369 strike tiles (tile match)
    Total: 4,071 damage

    4 greenflag.png / 5 purpleflag.png / 4 blackflag.png (thanks GrumpySmurf)
    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 330 attack tile
    Turn 3: 330 attack tile
    Turn 4: 330 attack tile + 660 green damage + 264 strike tiles (tile match)
    Turn 5: 330 attack tile + 264 strike tiles + 264 strike tiles (tile match)
    Turn 6: 330 attack tile + 264 strike tiles + 264 strike tiles (tile match)
    Total: 3,630 damage

    3 greenflag.png / 5 purpleflag.png / 5 blackflag.png
    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 486 attack tile
    Turn 3: 486 attack tile
    Turn 4: 486 attack tile + 660 green damage + 176 strike tiles (tile match)
    Turn 5: 486 attack tile + 176 strike tiles + 176 strike tiles (tile match)
    Turn 6: 486 attack tile + 176 strike tiles + 176 strike tiles (tile match)
    Total: 3,970 damage

    Turn 6 is the point at which 5/5/3 and 3/5/5 do roughly the same damage. (4/5/4 is pretty much always lower damage, so it's not ideal.) After turn 6, 5/5/3 would do more damage, *IF* you can keep the strike tiles alive, which is unlikely. The strike tiles also generate on red, which is already a contested special tile color if you're running with Wolverine, Daken, Blade, or Dr. Doom. (You might include 4* Thor in that, as well, if you're producing a lot of charged tiles.)

    Of course, black is also a passive that has an easy requirement, so it's free and pretty much constant. That, combined with the fact that it may take a while to get 8 green AP, and keep all 3 strike tiles alive, makes it seem like 3/5/5 is the better build to me. (Unless things change, of course. icon_e_smile.gif )
  • AronditeArondite Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    guessing it's drax - someone who hoarded tokens has confirmed that this character's art has been added to them and has noted
    -it is a he
    -it is a recognizable figure
  • Arondite wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    Sounds like Iron Fist to me icon_e_smile.gif

    The colors are way off. I'd sooner pick Green / Yellow / Red. Black or purple I can maybe see, but black and purple? nawww.

    Why not?
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    john1620b wrote:
    I agree that this character seems rather overpowered. How in the world do the same character designers create Beast, and this character? icon_eek.gif

    5 purple seems like a must, so in deciding the best build, here are some quick numbers. (Obviously this is a best-case scenario, so it's not super accurate.) Let's just say you can get three green matches right away, and cast Damage Strike then.

    5 greenflag.png / 5 purpleflag.png / 3 blackflag.png
    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 260 attack tile
    Turn 3: 260 attack tile
    Turn 4: 260 attack tile + 926 green damage + 369 strike tiles
    Turn 5: 260 attack tile + 369 strike tiles
    Turn 6: 260 attack tile + 369 strike tiles
    Total: 3333 damage

    3 greenflag.png / 5 purpleflag.png / 5 blackflag.png
    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 486 attack tile
    Turn 3: 486 attack tile
    Turn 4: 486 attack tile + 660 green damage + 176 strike tiles
    Turn 5: 486 attack tile + 176 strike tiles
    Turn 6: 486 attack tile + 176 strike tiles
    Total: 3,618 damage

    Turn 6 is the point at which 3/5/5 surpasses 5/5/3 in damage. Of course, black is also a passive that has an easy requirement, so it's free and pretty much constant. That, combined with the fact that it may take a while to get 8 green AP, makes it pretty definite that 3/5/5 is likely the better build. (Unless things change, of course. icon_e_smile.gif )

    4/5/4:

    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 330 attack tile
    Turn 3: 330 attack tile
    Turn 4: 330 attack tile + 660 green damage + 264 strike tiles
    Turn 5: 330 attack tile + 264 strike tiles
    Turn 6: 330 attack tile + 264 strike tiles
    Total: 3102 damage

    Just for completeness. Also, if you get the damage on turn 4, you get the strike tiles also, so I added them into yours.
  • On my token screen, I'm seeing
    Iron Fist.

    IceIX Edit: Spoilers please. There's a reason I didn't just outright put all the info out there.
  • john1620bjohn1620b Age Unconfirmed Posts: 367
    4/5/4:

    Turn 1: 0 damage
    Turn 2: 330 attack tile
    Turn 3: 330 attack tile
    Turn 4: 330 attack tile + 660 green damage + 264 strike tiles
    Turn 5: 330 attack tile + 264 strike tiles
    Turn 6: 330 attack tile + 264 strike tiles
    Total: 3102 damage

    Just for completeness. Also, if you get the damage on turn 4, you get the strike tiles also, so I added them into yours.
    Thanks -- the reason I didn't do 4/5/4 is that there isn't any 3* character that has a 4-cover preferred build. It seems like the character designers really like 5-cover builds to be the most effective.

    Also, you're right that I didn't include the strike tile damage for the actual matches you're making. I'll go back and add that.
  • zonatahuntzonatahunt Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Drax would be my guess as well.

    Either way, a 3/5/5 of this guy (or gal) will probably end up being bffs with my Xforce/Daken tag team.


    This is a character you want to run with two others that don't produce attack tiles. His black passive only generates an attack tile at the beginning of every turn if there ISN'T one already present. Having this character at 355 means you'd be maxing a black passive ability that clashes with other attack tile generators.
  • xKOBALTxxKOBALTx Posts: 295 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2015
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    On my token screen, I'm seeing

    IceIX Edit: Spoilers please. There's a reason I didn't just outright put all the info out there.
    RiverSongSpoilers.jpg
  • zonatahunt wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Drax would be my guess as well.

    Either way, a 3/5/5 of this guy (or gal) will probably end up being bffs with my Xforce/Daken tag team.


    This is a character you want to run with two others that don't produce attack tiles. His black passive only generates an attack tile at the beginning of every turn if there ISN'T one already present. Having this character at 355 means you'd be maxing a black passive ability that clashes with other attack tile generators.

    Attack tiles =/= Strike tiles so he'll play nicely with Daken.
  • zonatahuntzonatahunt Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    SirPhobos wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Drax would be my guess as well.

    Either way, a 3/5/5 of this guy (or gal) will probably end up being bffs with my Xforce/Daken tag team.


    This is a character you want to run with two others that don't produce attack tiles. His black passive only generates an attack tile at the beginning of every turn if there ISN'T one already present. Having this character at 355 means you'd be maxing a black passive ability that clashes with other attack tile generators.

    Attack tiles =/= Strike tiles so he'll play nicely with Daken.

    I wouldn't think so. What if you have two attack tiles of Daken's out for 80+ damage and none of this character's. You'd have to try to destroy Daken's tiles so you could get a 500+ tile out there. In my mind that's a waste of a passive ability. I'd rather have this 500+ tile generated at the beginning of every turn instead of gamble that lower strength tiles will hinder the production of a super powered attack tile.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Drax would be my guess as well.

    Either way, a 3/5/5 of this guy (or gal) will probably end up being bffs with my Xforce/Daken tag team.


    This is a character you want to run with two others that don't produce attack tiles. His black passive only generates an attack tile at the beginning of every turn if there ISN'T one already present. Having this character at 355 means you'd be maxing a black passive ability that clashes with other attack tile generators.

    Attack tiles =/= Strike tiles so he'll play nicely with Daken.

    I wouldn't think so. What if you have two attack tiles of Daken's out for 80+ damage and none of this character's. You'd have to try to destroy Daken's tiles so you could get a 500+ tile out there. In my mind that's a waste of a passive ability. I'd rather have this 500+ tile generated at the beginning of every turn instead of gamble that lower strength tiles will hinder the production of a super powered attack tile.

    Daken makes strike tiles, which are the tiles that increase your damage for any matches / spells you cast.
    This guy makes attack tiles, which are the tiles that deal X damage at the end of each turn.
  • zonatahuntzonatahunt Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Oops! You're right! Haha. I thought it said strike tiles. I give the floor to you good sir, you're correct, Daken + this guy = pain!
  • xKOBALTx wrote:
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    On my token screen, I'm seeing

    IceIX Edit: Spoilers please. There's a reason I didn't just outright put all the info out there.
    RiverSongSpoilers.jpg

    Yeah, yeah, my bad. Nice...
    Doctor Who reference
  • Der_LexDer_Lex Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    zonatahunt wrote:
    Oops! You're right! Haha. I thought it said strike tiles. I give the floor to you good sir, you're correct, Daken + this guy = pain!

    Heh, no worries. When I got back to this thread I was wondering what you thought the issue was, but I'm glad others have already cleared up the attack/strike tile confusion.

    But he actually works really well in that team. With the right character order XForce and Daken will tank all colors for him, he feeds Xforce black for Surgical Strike with his purple, and Daken's strike tiles will make that free attack tile even nastier. Also, since the attack tile respawns each turn, he doesn't suffer as much from the board-clearing effects of Xforce's actives as other characters do. It's a great climber team for PvP, with its only downside the lack of a red ability.

    As far as the spoiler is concerned:
    If it's Iron Fist, I'm loving the mirrored design between his passive and Cage's passive, and the way his purple feeds Cage's ability to use Jab, Jab, Cross repeatedly.
  • AronditeArondite Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's no coincidence that Luke Cage requires 12 Black AP to go ham with J/J/C, and that Iron Fist's powers feed black / get amped at 12 Black.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    wait wouldn't it be the tokens for the event after prodigal sun that would have this character on them? ie the one where he is featured
  • xKOBALTxxKOBALTx Posts: 295 Mover and Shaker
    Spoit wrote:
    wait wouldn't it be the tokens for the event after prodigal sun that would have this character on them? ie the one where he is featured
    Ordinarily? Yes. This time? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • The black passive might as well be renamed as "The Hood/Loki/OBW killer". This seems even more heavy handed than X Force since X Force pretty much just kills anyone unequivocally (but kills low health guys faster). This character looks powerful but as long as X Force reigns supreme it's hard to see another primary damage guy takes his place, though he seems like he'll easily be the top of 3*s.
Sign In or Register to comment.