*** Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ***

Comments

• I could easily see Cyclops being a great 4Thor enabler. Once she gets going you are left with Tons of Yellow AP, pop a cylcops yellow, turn X teamup tiles to red, let red cascade you into next curb stomping smite. Win.

How is that barely helping. You are pretty much guaranteeing back to back (to back) smites to wipe out entire team. Of course the only catch is getting her going...If nothing else they will rip teams to shreds in Sim

Anytime you can wipe out worthless teamup tiles it usually leads to domination.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was really cool. You guys should do it more often. I don't really read comics anymore, so this kind of thing is awesome for me - even though I was already familiar with Cyclops even in his modern rendition - but somebody like Sentry, whom I didn't know anything about when he was released, this would have been super awesome (but I looked him up on Comic Vine anyways! xD).
  • Arondite wrote:
    But don't discuss him as a 4Hor enabler.
    Um...why not? Just because you disagree with me, doesn't mean others can't discuss it.

We'll have to see how he actually scales and plays to see if he's viable, but based on his abilities, I believe he will work well with 4* Thor. He doesn't have to be the BEST enabler just to be a GOOD enabler. I happen to agree that he'll stand well on his own, but I also like looking at who characters can pair well with.
  • john1620b wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    But don't discuss him as a 4Hor enabler.
    Um...why not?

Seems like Cyke fanbois and girls are out in force, it only makes sense we'd look at the synergy/comparison between a new hero and the two strongest ones.

After all, never know who's a Beast or a Sentry.
  • inEden
    inEden Posts: 41
    I'm like the biggest Cyclops fanboy ever. Yet I have been pretty down on him. But I have changed my mind. I am going to try harder than ever in this game to win his covers then I'll see.

At the very least I want him to be viable in PvE. His red needs to be targetable or destroy more than one random row at 5 covers. If not I would use him as a red battery for Steve Rogers and view black as a bonus.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Yellow is like at level 5. I hope it just doesn't scale amount of TU to Red but does something cool. Like destroy all team up tiles that aren't converted. Or imagine if it is targetable like MN Mags.

I also forgot the possibility of a 4* Jean Grey with some nutty red ability. She has to have a red ability. Phoenix flame and soulfire and all that. In that case Cyclops would be awesome for people not me who can get 4*
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    One suggestion if you're going to continue to do this awesome kind of thing:

Ask Colognoisseur to write them for you, He knows more about Marvel comics than any other living being.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK, can we all at least agree that his best power, by far, is yellowflag.png? Since AP generation is >>> all.

Now that being said, for heroics, or in the case where the person you're feeding dies, red>black regardless of their actual contents, since it's being fed, and black isn't.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I'm looking forward to trying him out with Daredevil.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Joss Whedon did a phenomenal job capturing Cyclops (and all the other mutant favorites) in his Astonishing X-Men run. Highly recommended.
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

3257865-1364029594-tumbl.png
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    ^Boo! Cat Beast. Boo!
  • Mikaveus
    TazFTW wrote:
    ^Boo! Cat Beast. Boo!

Better than the latest evolution of Hank?

bat-beast.jpg
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    In other news, Cyclops remains the worst.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is all fine and good, but what about those of us that don't have a subscription to Marvel's online comic service? icon_e_sad.gif

I like Cyclops. icon_mad.gifLoki is the worst!
  • Mikaveus

Ladies and gentlemen, we're just getting an update... check yo self before you wreck yo self! icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    This is all fine and good, but what about those of us that don't have a subscription to Marvel's online comic service? icon_e_sad.gif

ComicVine is generally where I go if there's a character I want to catch up on or inform myself on. I typically don't have the time nor the patience to sit and read 200 volumes of a comic book, but CV does a good job of weighting detail to content.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the tip, GK! I'll check that out, although I do really miss the simple joy of reading comics.
  • With Doom ( blueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png ) black generated by blue
    With Cyclops ( yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png ) red generated by yellow
    I think you will have a striker with blackflag.pngredflag.png (AP generated) and greenflag.png (rainbow completion)

Xforce is ok.

But i ´m still in a 3* world, so :
    Punisher ?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    After playing around with a 1/1/1 Cyclops for a bit, Mutant Revolutionary is definitely his best skill, at least at low levels, for two reasons:

1) You come up with 7 yellow AP surprisingly often in a fight of any length, especially since it causes cascades.

2) The animation is hilarious. Slow zoom on Cyclops' butt followed by a twinkle in his visor. "Rallies young mutants to his side" indeed.
  • lleywen wrote:
    With Doom ( blueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png ) black generated by blue
    I think you will have a striker with blackflag.pngredflag.png (AP generated) and greenflag.png (rainbow completion)

Xforce is ok.

Punisher ?

I think Cyclops is the black striker. GSBW? (pink -> green). If you have 2 color changers, I don't think Doom's traps will last long on the board. Torch is another possibility.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    daibar wrote:
    lleywen wrote:
    With Doom ( blueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png ) black generated by blue

Xforce is ok.

Punisher ?

I think Cyclops is the black striker. GSBW? (pink -> green). If you have 2 color changers, I don't think Doom's traps will last long on the board. Torch is another possibility.

Patch & Doom are already very strong together, Cyclops just makes it so much better. You get rainbow covered, with 4 nukes and 2 cascade generating powers. Only small nitpick is that Patch tanks only Green.