The Hulk - Jan 7 - 11

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moon Roach wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think every iteration of the Hulk event has had two different essential characters. The Hunt sometimes has three...

But why a character that's not in packs after you have a HUGE(according to D3) influx of players? That's cruel.

But The Punisher is in The Hulk pack. That's why.

Not sure if you're serious or not, but Punisher isn't in packs until next season. I know you're not a dumb person so I'm not gonna play semantic games with you. You know exactly what I mean.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think every iteration of the Hulk event has had two different essential characters. The Hunt sometimes has three...

But why a character that's not in packs after you have a HUGE(according to D3) influx of players? That's cruel.

But The Punisher is in The Hulk pack. That's why.

Not sure if you're serious or not, but Punisher isn't in packs until next season. I know you're not a dumb person so I'm not gonna play semantic games with you. You know exactly what I mean.

I am sorry for any offence I've given. I just saw this as another HP grab by D3. "Don't have The Punisher for the essential nodes because you've not had any chance to get him? Buy a Hulk pack where there's a 1.5% chance of getting The Punisher."
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wait, what? Punisher's in the Hulk token packs... I pulled one myself with one of the sub event rewards.
  • There's ALOT of nodes/points hidden behind the requirement of having the punisher(especially in this last push, on the main event). If I were a newer player, I'd seriously complain about being hamstrung without a "real" chance to compete. Punisher hasn't been available for at least a season.

Tinykitty kitty of tinys Tinykitty.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they want building characters to take longer. Every change they make seems geared toward that end.

The main audience being america... we are an instant gratification society. Want it now? throw money at it! icon_e_confused.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Punisher hasn't been available for at least a season.

3, to be precise. This was very unfortunate for new players... but probably a couple of logistical reasons that they left him in, eg. integral to the story, encourage cover buying, many people will have had him...

The devs are now having to deal with 3 main audiences... long time players who have at least a cover or more of almost everyone, people who are transitioning to 3* since the start of vaulting characters and the continuous influx of new players.

Sadly, most of the continued problems are of the devs own doing and lack of future planning. This patching on top of patching ultimately isn't going to be good enough.

Long term solution is to be quietly working on a similar but improved MPQ(2) and chuck everyone into it, giving players equivalent resources in the new game.

I dare say what we are going to get is more 4* characters, a new story or two, more threads asking for things to improve and more wish-washy sometimes responses that don't really appease anyone.

Long time players will continue to slowly drift away but the influx of new players attracted by the IP means that someone will still get the covers, so hey... "everyone wins!"