The Hulk - Jan 7 - 11

Options

Comments

• orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IIRC, it is a node in the main that remains in the map until the end of the event once it is opened. It won't disappear depending on the sub schedule before or after it opens.
  • Do they ever change the color of the Hulk cover rewarded in this PVE or is it always the Green Cover?
  • Do they ever change the color of the Hulk cover rewarded in this PVE or is it always the Green Cover?

considering they were lazy enough to leave punisher as essential, I assume it'll still be green. I hope it'll be red because my hulk is max greenflag.pngblackflag.png XD
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Do they ever change the color of the Hulk cover rewarded in this PVE or is it always the Green Cover?

considering they were lazy enough to leave punisher as essential, I assume it'll still be green. I hope it'll be red because my hulk is max greenflag.pngblackflag.png XD

Punisher kinda makes sense as an essential, he's coming back into token rotation.

I just hope it's not green, this is what the 3rd or 4th time they ran this Hulk PVE already with each previous time giving out a Green Cover and SHIELD Resupply also gave out a Hulk Green on day 90.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loving powered up OBW. As a solid star.pngstar.png transition player, I feel like a big league player.

I've been matching her with star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png and star.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png for maximum strike tiles.

My only regret is not getting :lukecage: so I can only do the one essential node.

Wheee!
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Do they ever change the color of the Hulk cover rewarded in this PVE or is it always the Green Cover?

Punisher kinda makes sense as an essential, he's coming back into token rotation.

I just hope it's not green, this is what the 3rd or 4th time they ran this Hulk PVE already with each previous time giving out a Green Cover and SHIELD Resupply also gave out a Hulk Green on day 90.

How is having a character who hasn't been in tokens for a good while being essential a good idea?

Others at the beginning of the thread agreed with me.

Powered up? Sure.

Offered in tokens? Sure.

Essential when he hasn't been available since X amount of new players have joined? Nope.
  • wafflefries
    wafflefries Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

I'm willing to bet it's green since the Prodigal Sun Sentry cover reward has remained red the last 2-3 times I've played it.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    Agreed 100% with raisin, nobody should ever be essential if they arent curently available in some from (or were offered as a prize in an event in the current season)

Alaeth, i am using that same team and it is great
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My last clear through the hard sub last night I couldn't win a node to save my life. The cascade gods were especially angry. When the AI's cascade pauses long enough on a crit tile creation for hulk to smash your half-health Lcap into the ground, and then keeps going, you are going to have a bad time.

(...)

I had a run of bad boards this morning in the luke cage essential (ai lvl only 135) in the new sahara sub. They wasted 2 of my better teams in a row, and being the last node I was already down to 1 healthpack. I used it on cage, set hulk left, patch right, and after 3 green matches in a row, zerker rage and constant anger procs every turn put that one down quickly. God I love that combo. Not terribly sustainable, but I'll put down some tough baddies.

I think if it weren't for chemical reaction, perhaps 10+ of the nodes I've lost to in the last day's play would have been wins instead. It really has changed the dynamic of dark avenger nodes quite a bit... especially if they have someone to use all the green that drives its damage component.

(...)

Pff.. you're just having bad boards and crazy AI cascades in the hard sub? I can't seem to get through even the easy sub without Cage taking a serious beating most of the time. I'm almost going to start believing the AI is some form of psychic or it simply knows what's going to fall on screen... it's freaking me out sometimes, ranging from weird back to back match4 cascades to absurd, like Cage losing 90% health in one cascade on an Easy node (I know, I know, it's just coincidence, but still... icon_e_confused.gif ). And even a few games where I got through relatively unscathed, only for the AI to throw out a final Photon Blast TU on a red rich board on one of the last turns. Still got into the Top 10 a few times so I'm not complaining to much btw, and I have found a new satisfaction in downing the final enemy with Punisher's Retribution though.

All in all I quite like Luke Cage, and I'm looking forward to that Hulk green cover.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk Green just turned up, when you win against A New Ally.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Happy to swap my green for a black.

Anyone? Anyone???
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    My Hulk is now 1/1/1! Smash!
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Anyone? Anyone???

If this is the Trading Post, I'd like to Swap my sold, useless Hulk greenflag.png / blackflag.png for redflag.png , 3*Cap covers for....anything, Falcon blueflag.png for a cover they haven't given out a million times before, An arm and a Leg for 3 Hood blueflag.png, Spider-Man covers for...anything but especially his purple, etc...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Anyone? Anyone???

must be in the bracket that is going to start in 8 hours cause i dont see it
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Anyone? Anyone???

If this is the Trading Post, I'd like to Swap my sold, useless Hulk greenflag.png / blackflag.png for redflag.png , 3*Cap covers for....anything, Falcon blueflag.png for a cover they haven't given out a million times before, An arm and a Leg for 3 Hood blueflag.png, Spider-Man covers for...anything but especially his purple, etc...

Because RNGesus is a cruel, cruel master...I have in the past 24hrs pulled Hulk Red, Hood Blue, and Spidey Purple...all of which must become ISO.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Anyone? Anyone???

Because RNGesus is a cruel, cruel master...I have in the past 24hrs pulled Hulk Red, Hood Blue, and Spidey Purple...all of which must become ISO.

Damn you.... I need ALL of those... you can have the endless 2* that I keep pulling from event tokens. Oh and I had a spare 3* CA Red - I'll throw it in as a bonus.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Anyone? Anyone???

It comes and goes. I've actually pulled quite a few things these past two weeks after a LONG dry streak. Sadly it was nothing that went to level 114, but it'll eventually help, I guess.

For instance: there's no way I'm gonna get top 25 in Earth's Mightiest to get a Hood Blue and Hood Yellow = Iso.

I've kind of resigned to the fact that I'm not gonna get a 166 team ever, so I've spent all my iso and am just leveling up random characters.

----

On another note, I almost forgot how painful it is to fight the DORK Avengers and Hulk - I actually run out of health packs during this event!
  • Cortez
    Cortez Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Had a very good token opening yesterday. Opened 8 hulk tokens and got:

icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
    icon_daredevil.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_thor.png**** yellowflag.png

not to bad icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cortez wrote:

Nice! I just opened two and god Blade Green and Daredevil Blue, so I'm very happy too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cortez wrote:

Nice! I just opened two and god Blade Green and Daredevil Blue, so I'm very happy too. icon_e_smile.gif

gratz to both of you. im 0 for 6. icon_evil.gif