11-50 icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png
51-150 icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png
151-400 star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
401-800 cardpack.png standard
801-1000 icon_rolleyes.gif

Alliance:
1-100 icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png

Comments

• Rather glad that the cover people will really be playing for, will be much more available.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad news is, anyone playing early slices will be a Cage cover short for essentials since this begins before alliance rewards for Simulator will go out
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For reference (assuming nothing has changed):

Length of Event: 4.5 days
    Sub-Events? Yes; Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? No
    Number of Sub-Events: 8 (x2)
    Length of Sub-Events: 12 hours
    Main Nodes after Sub-Events End? Yes
    Other Notes:
    • Global progress bar unlocks a one-time node that will give a cover of the Hulk as a reward.
    • Two sub-events run side by side. One sub will have higher points along with higher enemy levels.
    • Subs: Nevada & Canada; Greenland & Romania; Sudan & West Sahara; Amazon & Bolivia
    • There are 2 run-throughs of the subs; once fighting Hulk, once after Hulk has joined forces with you.
    • Main nodes are only playable once after they open and have no rubberbanding.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought I would make one of these starting things.

I did, you did it already, I deleted mine. Oh well...

Anyway... nice to have a likely reachable even if you don't play too much 42k 3* cover and that new Doom is the most accessible.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope people remember this PvE giving out 2 purple dooms for when the time comes for a PvP that ends up giving out purple doom to the top 5.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope people remember this PvE giving out 2 purple dooms for when the time comes for a PvP that ends up giving out purple doom to the top 5.

If you are in a top 100 alliance, which statistically most people aren't... but your point of the new / most wanted cover is correct.

Going to suck ending up in 151st place.
  • I guess this is a good thing as I can stop grinding towards top 10 in my Simulator for the red Cage!
  • WHOO AN EVENT THATS NOT 7 DAYS AND ENDS ON THE WEEKEND MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!

PRAISE tumblr_mq0iea2JD51s4oyddo1_250.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to make a request to anyone making these threads: would you mind terribly to put the name of the hero next to the symbol?

When looking at these forums on a mobile device (which happens often I'm sure since it's a 90% mobile game) there is no "mouseover" to let you see the names of the symbols. Combine that with generally small symbols and new characters being released every other hour or two, and it's really hard to keep track of them all. I'd really appreciate it if we could put the hero names up there.

Thank you!
  • loroku wrote:
    I'd like to make a request to anyone making these threads: would you mind terribly to put the name of the hero next to the symbol?

When looking at these forums on a mobile device (which happens often I'm sure since it's a 90% mobile game) there is no "mouseover" to let you see the names of the symbols. Combine that with generally small symbols and new characters being released every other hour or two, and it's really hard to keep track of them all. I'd really appreciate it if we could put the hero names up there.

Thank you!

It's quite the struggle getting use to all the different icons used for the characters, but there are a couple of tools you can use to learn all the icons vs their associated character. The first is just browsing around on here. In the "character discussion" portion of the forums, you will be able to see various posts with the character info/ discussion and a few compilations of all characters through the number rankings that have been done over the past year.

Also, I find that this website, http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... Quest_Wiki , provides good information on the characters your trying to go after
    The icons for all characters can be found at the bottom of each individual character page. Just gotta learn the lingo if you want to progress quick! Good luck icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm a relative newbie so I expect to struggle on certain levels. That being said I have a normal rating on the final hulk node in canada. He's level 270. That's over 18000 hp. My highest to on is a 3 cover Electra and even my newly acquired Luke cage has just over 6000 health boosted. My average character level is around 40. Is there something I'm missing here? I started playing events on prodigal sun and have done pretty well with a shallow roster but I've got no idea on this one. Even tried using mbw to keep him stunned but you can't count on that many blue and he took her out with straight match damage pretty quickly.
  • loroku wrote:

Thank you!

It's quite the struggle getting use to all the different icons used for the characters, but there are a couple of tools you can use to learn all the icons vs their associated character. The first is just browsing around on here. In the "character discussion" portion of the forums, you will be able to see various posts with the character info/ discussion and a few compilations of all characters through the number rankings that have been done over the past year.

Also, I find that this website, http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... Quest_Wiki , provides good information on the characters your trying to go after
    The icons for all characters can be found at the bottom of each individual character page. Just gotta learn the lingo if you want to progress quick! Good luck icon_e_smile.gif

Uh....loroku isn't a noob. The request isn't anything unreasonable. Would like a quick way to see what's being offered on mobile. And memorizing/referencing 30+ symbols probably isn't part of that. And if someone can write : Captain America : they can just as easily write Captain America.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    loroku wrote:

Thank you!

The icons for all characters can be found at the bottom of each individual character page. Just gotta learn the lingo if you want to progress quick! Good luck :)

Uh....loroku isn't a noob. The request isn't anything unreasonable. Would like a quick way to see what's being offered on mobile. And memorizing/referencing 30+ symbols probably isn't part of that. And if someone can write : Captain America : they can just as easily write Captain America.

I can't speak for others who make the info posts, but when I do it I use the "view more smilies" link, which pops up a small window and simply click on all of the relevant icons, which I do instead of hand typing every little bit in between each set of colons. Saves me time making the posts. Typing it up twice isn't something I'm really interested in doing.
  • j12601 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    loroku wrote:

Thank you!

The icons for all characters can be found at the bottom of each individual character page. Just gotta learn the lingo if you want to progress quick! Good luck :)

I can't speak for others who make the info posts, but when I do it I use the "view more smilies" link, which pops up a small window and simply click on all of the relevant icons, which I do instead of hand typing every little bit in between each set of colons. Saves me time making the posts. Typing it up twice isn't something I'm really interested in doing.

Understandable. Really, D3 should be doing this tinykitty anyway.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Bad news is, anyone playing early slices will be a Cage cover short for essentials since this begins before alliance rewards for Simulator will go out

Well, in both subs one essential is Luke Cage, the other is Punisher.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the node refresh time 3 hours or 2 hours 23 minutes?
    What are the sub rewards?

Very happy I only need top 150 in this. I'll probably still grind the subs for ISO and HP, but it's good to know I can miss a sub or two and still get what I need.
  • This is very, very welcome. Got 1st in all the subs for the last PvE (19 x 2* from the tokens...) but looks like I can put my feet up and chill for this one and still get everything I want.

*cheers*
  • This is very, very welcome. Got 1st in all the subs for the last PvE (19 x 2* from the tokens...) but looks like I can put my feet up and chill for this one and still get everything I want.

*cheers*

Subs are 1000 this time and only top 2 get two tokens so as I going for top 150 I am not going to pick up any event tokens. The refresh is 3 hours also so as the subs are 12 hours there will be no basically no rubber banding on any of the nodes, might just kick in on the last refresh, and hence going to need to do quite missions to get the Cage progression reward. (Somewhere in the region of 100)
  • Given that I only got one (rubbish) 3* cover out of my 20 Simulator event tokens, I'm not going to sweat top ranking in subs for sure. Top 150 in each sub will hopefully do the job.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Top 150 takes off a lot of pressure. Looks like the points will go up as the event progresses.

Daredevil (recycling blue stun) and Capt Marvel (black stun) can handle hulk fairly well.