The Hulk - Jan 7 - 11

Options

Comments

• X-Force is good against Hulk, as well, since Surgical Strike will clean all the green off the board and make Anger fairly useless. Punisher's red is also good for that last 10k hit points.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OBW can also use her Anti-Gravity Belt to delay the Anger for a while. That might buy you some time to get rid of them.
  • Are the powered up heroes (OBW, torch etc.) supposed to *not* be powered up against the hulk? Mine all stay level 94 when facing him...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love 12 hour subs. Finished T10 in both subs and slept more than I played
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One can use copy/paste to get the info listed quickly, as I did below. But if someone else isn't up for it, that's perfectly fine - it's a service to put this information up, done entirely by volunteers anyway, so it's no big deal. Just a request for those who feel like doing it to make reading these things easier.
    j12601 wrote:
    POWERED UP:
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    :lukecage: lukecage
    icon_punisher.png punisher
    icon_rocket.png rocket
    star.pngstar.png
    icon_blackwidow.png blackwidow
    icon_humantorch.png humantorch
    icon_captainamerica.png captainamerica

Notable Progression Rewards:
    6K star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.png captainamerica
    8k star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png blackwidow
    10k cardpack.png
    20k star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.pngredflag.png humantorch
    42k :lukecage: redflag.png lukecage

Placement:
    1-2 icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png + nickfury
    3-10 icon_doctordoom.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png doctordoom
    11-50 icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png doctordoom
    51-150 icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png doctordoom
    151-400 star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png hawkeye
    401-800 cardpack.png standard
    801-1000 icon_rolleyes.gif

Alliance:
    1-100 icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png doctordoom
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious as to why they used Punisher (a vaulted character until Friday) as an essential node. If you joined this game just as he was vaulted (like I did), there was no chance at all to have him for this event... and I don't. I'm sure I'll pull him on Friday, after the essential that requires him has been long over.
  • JVReal wrote:
    I'm curious as to why they used Punisher (a vaulted character until Friday) as an essential node. If you joined this game just as he was vaulted (like I did), there was no chance at all to have him for this event... and I don't. I'm sure I'll pull him on Friday, after the essential that requires him has been long over.

Baffling indeed.

Especially when they acknowledge the amount of players that have joined in the past few months. PvE is supposed to be where newer players get their covers and now they have to do so with a character they never even had a chance to obtain.
  • JVReal wrote:

They occasionally put up 'random' essential characters. Usually the previously rewarded PVE character is the only essential you need.

Trust us, we didn't even know Punisher would be essential. Though Punisher was previously essential in The Hulk event.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Bad news is, anyone playing early slices will be a Cage cover short for essentials since this begins before alliance rewards for Simulator will go out

Well, in both subs one essential is Luke Cage, the other is Punisher.

So the new guy and the guy who has been vaulted for the past 3 months. Should make my life easier for finishing in the top150 - there will be a lot of people without one or both of these.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

They occasionally put up 'random' essential characters. Usually the previously rewarded PVE character is the only essential you need.

Trust us, we didn't even know Punisher would be essential. Though Punisher was previously essential in The Hulk event.
    I think its just because he is featured in the story and was essential last time (every time?) its ran and didn't bother to change it.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Usually the previously rewarded PVE character is the only essential you need.
    Usually - except for this event, and the last one, where you needed 3. icon_e_smile.gif Seriously, PvE's essential requirements have been pretty terrible recently.
    fmftint wrote:
    I think its just because he is featured in the story and was essential last time (every time?) its ran and didn't bother to change it.
    Agreed.
  • Punisher was originally essential in the first, back-to-back Hulk PVEs; it was incredibly frustrating because he was the only 3* I didn't have at the time, and he was also the top progression award, and the second run of the event I finished ad about 48.5 k when you needed 50k for the Punisher. If I had been able to do essentials, I would have been able to get him, but it was a Catch-22.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Publisher is essential?! He has been vaulted for 3 months. Haven't 55% of players just been play ing since September? Why is d3p locking them out of the essentials? This is like the first gauntlet, when a BP cover was gated behind a BP essential node. Terrible design that is especially unfriendly to all the new players they have boasted about in the past. Am I missing something?

(Disclosure, i have punisher, so this doesn't affect me)
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Am I the only one who's sub is not appearing after doing the intro node??

edit: I tried restarting the game, still no sub
    edit: the sub nodes appeared after 10 minutes or so
  • I do like the quicker pace of this event. You need to plan out and stay on top of things with this one.

I don't think I will get very far with this event though, haven't even hit 4000. My 2* are pretty squishy OBW & Torch, and my 3* all only have one or two covers. My highest 3*, Hulk, is unusable in a bunch of nodes to boot. Not enough health pack or leveled up characters to keep pace with the event. I can do 2-3 nodes and then have to wait two hours to get a team back up.

Ah well, this game is a marathon and not a sprint. icon_e_biggrin.gif I made out pretty good in the last event.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely making me work for this event. My Hulk was level 329 in my "Running" node in the Canada sub. Only got halfway through his 22K health before he wiped out my whole team.

Will boosting matches trigger Anger if he's this high of level, or can I pretty much guarantee that only specials will generate Anger cascades?
  • Scaling seems off, my "Running" node has a level 357 Hulk. In comparison my max boosted character is a level 133 Rocket & Groot, so far I haven't found a set of my characters that can even get Hulk to 1/2 his health. Most of my characters are killed by a single "Thunderous Clap". The Punisher Essential only has a level 250 Hulk that I also haven't been able to beat, so what's up? Am I just missing the right characters, has the R68 changes to scaling taken effect in a way to make it impossible for me to do PVE?
  • thanos8587
    Options
    no the hulk scales that high for everyone. bring in someone with a repeatable stun like 1*bw, 2* storm, cap, etc.

live long enough to start the chain stun and do damage while you get the mana for the next stun. 2* mags is good for collecting blue.
  • prevent red and green. i use cap to stun, obw to steal any red and green hulk gets his hands on, and punisher to deliver the final blow with his red.
  • live long enough to start the chain stun and do damage while you get the mana for the next stun. 2* mags is good for collecting blue.

That's my problem even with LCap I am not able to get a stun chain started before getting crushed, I have resorted to boosts, maybe that will push me over the top. Though I hate having to use boosts to complete a node.