The Hulk - Jan 7 - 11

Options

Comments

• Is there some kind of guinness record for having the most one cover 3 star characters? If so, I'd like to submit my team for consideration. Can't seem to get a multiple to save my life unless it's from event leader board awards.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    gratz to both of you. im 0 for 6. icon_evil.gif
    6 tokens really isn't a whole lot - statistically threestars are in one of 6 packs, so it's not out of order to only get twostars from 6 tokens. I generally get one or two usable covers per week from event/heroic tokens.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    dtrpath3 wrote:
    Is there some kind of guinness record for having the most one cover 3 star characters? If so, I'd like to submit my team for consideration. Can't seem to get a multiple to save my life unless it's from event leader board awards.

this is the biggest problem in the game for newer players (myself included, day 72). and its not just 1 cover 3 stars. you need at least 8 covers before the 3 stars pass as useable for anything but pve essentials. just keep grinding, just keep grinding...
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:
    gratz to both of you. im 0 for 6. icon_evil.gif
    6 tokens really isn't a whole lot - statistically threestars are in one of 6 packs, so it's not out of order to only get twostars from 6 tokens. I generally get one or two usable covers per week from event/heroic tokens.

i know, but that doesnt include the last several gold tokens from other events that have come up lame. im only a few minutes from the close of the current subs so crossing my fingers for something to end this streak.

*** streak over captain marvel number 8. icon_e_biggrin.gif my best three star.
  • Cortez
    Cortez Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cortez wrote:
    Had a very good token opening yesterday. Opened 8 hulk tokens and got:

icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
    icon_daredevil.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_thor.png**** yellowflag.png

not to bad icon_e_smile.gif
    Nice! I just opened two and god Blade Green and Daredevil Blue, so I'm very happy too. icon_e_smile.gif

yeah. it was funny, i saw the golden emblem and thought: "Yes! *** country!"
    then i saw the thor logo and thought: "wait a sec, isn't thor out of tokens right now?" and then i'm so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLWNXFH2rg

and just opened a single heroic token... *** icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png

i'm on fire right now!
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Cortez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cortez wrote:
    Had a very good token opening yesterday. Opened 8 hulk tokens and got:

icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png
    icon_daredevil.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_thor.png**** yellowflag.png

not to bad icon_e_smile.gif
    Nice! I just opened two and god Blade Green and Daredevil Blue, so I'm very happy too. icon_e_smile.gif

yeah. it was funny, i saw the golden emblem and thought: "Yes! *** country!"
    then i saw the thor logo and thought: "wait a sec, isn't thor out of tokens right now?" and then i'm so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLWNXFH2rg

and just opened a single heroic token... *** icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png

i'm on fire right now!
    That has happened to me a few times too. That extra pulsing for a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is hard to notice sometimes.
  • Yesterday, I had 2 standards go gold.

Both Loki.

Neither green.

The game is just trolling me at this point.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been pretty lucky with Standard tokens recently. In the last 6 weeks, I have had three instances of back-to-back *** unlocks. Some I had to sell because I didn't need the cover of course.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I caved and joined this event last night because I was bored and figured I'd pick up some cheap Iso/tokens. I think I played 12 matches total. How anyone is grinding this thing is beyond me.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is this the first time that the essential nodes scaling are higher than the non essential nodes? My essential are 140+ on easy while the non essential are only 40+.

I don't get it. The previous sims were tough with 3* and 4* which were scale to 250+. I had difficulty with sims, but it wasn't as difficult as 'the dark avengers I faced in this pve. I was just getting killed left right centre by cascades, head butts, chemical reaction... And mother of all insults, Yelena payback mission. She got enough black and converted cage protect tile and killed me.

I know that the 2* power increase more than the 3*due to the scaling.... But the disparity is just too much.Sigh, I just glad that I only need to get that purple doom cover.
  • Ah that awesome feeling when you finally work your way up to 10,000 pts and get the Hulk cover pack token! aaaand its a Johnny Storm cover. D'oh.
  • atomzed wrote:
    Is this the first time that the essential nodes scaling are higher than the non essential nodes? My essential are 140+ on easy while the non essential are only 40+.

I don't get it. The sims were tough 3* and 4* which were scale to 250+. I had difficulty but it wasn't as difficult as 'the dark avengers I faced in this pve. I was just getting killed left right centre by cascades, head butts, chemical reaction... And mother of all insults, Yelena payback mission.

Sigh, I just glad that I only need to get that purple doom cover.

If I had to guess, a lot of people are only hitting the essentials since most of the vets who usually dominate PVE are just trying to get top 150. That would mean most of the scaling is just going to the essential nodes.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I caved and joined this event last night because I was bored and figured I'd pick up some cheap Iso/tokens. I think I played 12 matches total. How anyone is grinding this thing is beyond me.
    Eh, it's not like you need to grind incessantly to get decent prizes. Last night I played one full clear plus one extra pass of the Essentials before going to bed in the top 10. When I woke up I was still in the top 50, though that was with 2 hours left in the phase. All it took was a few more laps around the Essentials to get top 50 in both subs.
    I'm not even interested in non-Purple Doom, but I'm still top 20 in the main bracket. Should get the Cage progression reward some time today I think.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    Options
    So I woke up this morning and was delighted to see that the Green-Hulk-remarding node is up. Beating it also triggered my Day 90 SHIELD reward. Which is a Green Hulk cover.

One node, two Green Hulk covers!
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

I don't get it. The sims were tough 3* and 4* which were scale to 250+. I had difficulty but it wasn't as difficult as 'the dark avengers I faced in this pve. I was just getting killed left right centre by cascades, head butts, chemical reaction... And mother of all insults, Yelena payback mission.

If I had to guess, a lot of people are only hitting the essentials since most of the vets who usually dominate PVE are just trying to get top 150. That would mean most of the scaling is just going to the essential nodes.
    I don't know about that.. Don't forget that there's an additional purple in the alliance rewards that you aren't getting if most of your alliance is only going for top 150
  • gamar wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

I don't know about that.. Don't forget that there's an additional purple in the alliance rewards that you aren't getting if most of your alliance is only going for top 150

I'm hitting the essentials 2 or 3 times a sub, hitting everything else once at most (and sometimes never), and aiming for top 150. I'm currently in about 15th place.

I think people are only really hitting the essentials. The alliance rewards will come to the alliances that they usually come to. There are people in the margins, but it's relatively few alliances.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Eh, it's not like you need to grind incessantly to get decent prizes. Last night I played one full clear plus one extra pass of the Essentials before going to bed in the top 10. When I woke up I was still in the top 50, though that was with 2 hours left in the phase. All it took was a few more laps around the Essentials to get top 50 in both subs.
    I'm not even interested in non-Purple Doom, but I'm still top 20 in the main bracket. Should get the Cage progression reward some time today I think.

very true. one time through hard and two times through normal has been sufficient to get top 100 in both (usually 50) and im 37 overall. i will hit top progression tomorrow. its now just a matter of whether i want to fight to keep top 50 overall for two dooms. the hardcore grinders can fight it out, but i knew without a punisher i had no chance for top 10 so ive been able to really relax and do this pve easy style and collect alot of rewards.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mike h wrote:
    Ah that awesome feeling when you finally work your way up to 10,000 pts and get the Hulk cover pack token! aaaand its a Johnny Storm cover. D'oh.
    High-five! I got the exact same cover in greenflag.png !
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

very true. one time through hard and two times through normal has been sufficient to get top 100 in both (usually 50) and im 37 overall. i will hit top progression tomorrow. its now just a matter of whether i want to fight to keep top 50 overall for two dooms. the hardcore grinders can fight it out, but i knew without a punisher i had no chance for top 10 so ive been able to really relax and do this pve easy style and collect alot of rewards.

Actually, I am also lacking Punisher and I am comfortably in third place with 41k. I've been top 10 in all subs so far, top 2 in the one sub that did not have a Punisher essential. Note that I deliberately waited to join until almost a whole day after the event started, so as to avoid being in a bracket with the crazy grinders. Looks like it worked!
  • Roswulf wrote:
    So I woke up this morning and was delighted to see that the Green-Hulk-remarding node is up. Beating it also triggered my Day 90 SHIELD reward. Which is a Green Hulk cover.

One node, two Green Hulk covers!

You and me both! icon_mrgreen.gif
    Hitting that green upgrade twice felt good right?
    And weird. icon_lol.gif