*** Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) ***

Comments

• famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    ShionSinX wrote:
    It would be cool if she was a blackflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png to combo 100% with rocket & groot.

Well, it depends on what Star Lord and/or Drax have, cause you know they're coming. I'm eager to see Star Lord's purple "Dance off!" ability.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was adding another RBG character necessary? We already have 2 of this color combination, and seeing how all 3 characters have functionally similar roles (pun, torch, gamora), wouldn't more chracters with obscure color combinations (purple / anything / anything) be better? We don't even have a single purple / blue / green character, for instance.

Damage dealers can't use blue/purple to deal damage because reasons.
  • Was adding another RBG character necessary? We already have 2 of this color combination, and seeing how all 3 characters have functionally similar roles (pun, torch, gamora), wouldn't more chracters with obscure color combinations (purple / anything / anything) be better? We don't even have a single purple / blue / green character, for instance.

I think there's a rule written in blood that 3*s cannot deal damage directly with purple skills. Look at what happened to Magneto.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Phantron wrote:
    Was adding another RBG character necessary? We already have 2 of this color combination, and seeing how all 3 characters have functionally similar roles (pun, torch, gamora), wouldn't more chracters with obscure color combinations (purple / anything / anything) be better? We don't even have a single purple / blue / green character, for instance.

I think there's a rule written in blood that 3*s cannot deal damage directly with purple skills. Look at what happened to Magneto.
    Whales?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    hurcules wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Whales?

True.

But breaking rules is Deadpool's unspoken super power. It's kind of his thing.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    It would be cool if she was a blackflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png to combo 100% with rocket & groot.

Well, it depends on what Star Lord and/or Drax have, cause you know they're coming. I'm eager to see Star Lord's purple "Dance off!" ability.

I feel the same way. They should balance the powers of these characters so that ANY team of 3 covers the rainbow.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:

Drax not having green would be like doom not having green....oh wait
  • Yeah...I get it that in fairy tale land we're expected to use black then green, but at 12 black we have xforce for the rich and BP for the transitioning, so I've no idea why anyone would use her. She seems like a worse psylocke. Unless there's something really flashy happens with 5 covers in one like black 5 saying "All yellow become strike tiles, all purples become attack tiles"
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without knowing how she'll scale up, I will point out that Razor's edge has damage numbers similar to Fireball for less AP. Could be really mean when maxed since Gamora has more hit points. I'm leaning towards 5/5/3 as that seems to be the most flexible build - if you max Bad Reputation you will severely limit yourself on builds, but the other two skills should be useful on many teams anyway.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Yeah...I get it that in fairy tale land we're expected to use black then green, but at 12 black we have xforce for the rich and BP for the transitioning, so I've no idea why anyone would use her. She seems like a worse psylocke. Unless there's something really flashy happens with 5 covers in one like black 5 saying "All yellow become strike tiles, all purples become attack tiles"
    dont need the purple thing, just remember to reduce the cost by 3 at least (even if needs bonus for max level together).

about her redflag.png , it MUST do something else.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skull cracker has almost identical starting damage to Power of Attorney. So... That but with double stun instead of board shaking, and a Fireball-equivalent damage dealer doesn't sound too bad, does it?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Yeah...I get it that in fairy tale land we're expected to use black then green, but at 12 black we have xforce for the rich and BP for the transitioning, so I've no idea why anyone would use her. She seems like a worse psylocke. Unless there's something really flashy happens with 5 covers in one like black 5 saying "All yellow become strike tiles, all purples become attack tiles"

Jeez man. Gamora is no XF, but comparing her to psylocke? That's just low.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Added prerelease level stats to the OP. As always, those stats aren't final till they're out. Use only as directed, side effects may occur.
  • Thank you IceIx, so that we know what to expect for before we grind the PvE. We've been missing that information with the latest releases.

Nothing to worry much about. Gamora was promising at lvl 40, but nothing special in the end.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Thought gamora was gonna power creep pun and torch, didnt expect her to be significantly worse.

Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.
  • Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

I don't like too much "ifs" when trying to figure if a character is good or not...

She's not really needed. She looks nice though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thought gamora was gonna power creep pun and torch, didnt expect her to be significantly worse.

Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

2 issues. First you have to get up to 12 black and she has to tank. She has BP like health so you get 1-2 matches before needing a health pack. For 12 black I would rather use Rag of the Panther.
    Her red is awsome for 5AP. this is how I use Psylock. I bring Daken along to reduce the cost down to 5 for damage rather than a strike tile.
    Her green is expensive. Double stun is really nice but I would rather bring along Patch for BR then have gamora drop a couple skull cracks down using Patches strike tiles.
    She is interesting but 2 of her powers are a little too expensive. As a tank she will take too many health packs like Black Panther. I think she fits as support instead of high damage. Bring her for a cheep red and active black user. I would rather loose strength on strike tiles and have Darken tank for her then have her require a health pack every other match.
  • NorthernPolarity
    arktos1971 wrote:

I don't like too much "ifs" when trying to figure if a character is good or not...

She's not really needed. She looks nice though.

The problem with that logic arktos is that 98% of new character releases are going to be completely irrelevant because "they're just worse than X-Force or LadyThor or Hood". I like to think of new characters in the scope of how good are they to 2*->3* transitioners, and what new, good teams can I form with them that will actually do something in PvE. Turns out that Gamora can carry a team by herself if she tanks all 3 of her colors, and that something like Gamora / OBW / C. Storm could be a pretty sweet team to knock down some highish level PvE nodes.

Otherwise I'm just going to be like the rest of the high tier players on this forum, complaining that literally every new 3* release is worse than X-Force, and therefore useless.
  • NorthernPolarity
    wymtime wrote:

2 issues. First you have to get up to 12 black and she has to tank. She has BP like health so you get 1-2 matches before needing a health pack. For 12 black I would rather use Rag of the Panther.
    Her red is awsome for 5AP. this is how I use Psylock. I bring Daken along to reduce the cost down to 5 for damage rather than a strike tile.
    Her green is expensive. Double stun is really nice but I would rather bring along Patch for BR then have gamora drop a couple skull cracks down using Patches strike tiles.
    She is interesting but 2 of her powers are a little too expensive. As a tank she will take too many health packs like Black Panther. I think she fits as support instead of high damage. Bring her for a cheep red and active black user. I would rather loose strength on strike tiles and have Darken tank for her then have her require a health pack every other match.

I'm not saying that she's a top tier character like Patch or BP. I'm saying that she can carry a team miles better than half of the other characters in this game, even okay ones such as Colossus and DP. If you have a team comp where she tanks all her colors, her black will most likely end the game. Tanking 3 colors = (3/7 tiles with her symbol * 64 tiles on board) / 4 tiles per strike tile, meaning you get roughly 7 strike tiles. 7 * 150 strike tile strength = 1050 worth of strike tiles. That's almost 50% more than Patch gets with zerker rage, and it's unconditional assuming you built the team for her, which is just straight up a game ender.

Her green and red are mediocre without the black, but with the black, they get pretty good. Red ends up being about as efficient as a fireball at level 5 (2.7k dmg for 5 ap is great). Green is far more interesting though. Green becomes 2k team dmg for 12 AP which is pretty efficient, but the 2 turn stun on 2 guys means that if you can kill 1 guy and get their team down to 2 guys, then this gives you 2 free turns to whack on them with strike tiles, dealing even more damage.

Was talking some other forumites, and I think she's actually very respectable assuming she tanks 3 colors. She's pretty mediocre / worthless if she doesn't though, so she's very roster/ team dependent.

Buildwise, 5 black is a must so it's either 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. 5 red is more consistent since you're always gonna cast red, but 5 green has huge payoff in that an extra turn of stun with strike tiles is kinda nuts.
  • I'd say 5/5/3 is a lock. Her black is overpriced for the strike tiles, and I don't see using it much, especially given there are more good blacks than good reds. Her red is a nice spammable skill.

I see her being a decent anti-Hulk weapon, mainly due to her stun. There aren't a lot of good stunners at the 3* level. It being on green doesn't help, though, unless you're using an otherwise greenless team.

I see her as a solid B player; someone who isn't terrible if required or one of your few healthy one left, but not someone you build a team around.