*** Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) ***

1356715

Comments

  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

    I don't like too much "ifs" when trying to figure if a character is good or not...

    She's not really needed. She looks nice though.

    The problem with that logic arktos is that 98% of new character releases are going to be completely irrelevant because "they're just worse than X-Force or LadyThor or Hood". I like to think of new characters in the scope of how good are they to 2*->3* transitioners, and what new, good teams can I form with them that will actually do something in PvE. Turns out that Gamora can carry a team by herself if she tanks all 3 of her colors, and that something like Gamora / OBW / C. Storm could be a pretty sweet team to knock down some highish level PvE nodes.

    Otherwise I'm just going to be like the rest of the high tier players on this forum, complaining that literally every new 3* release is worse than X-Force, and therefore useless.

    Don't get me wrong. As a PvE player, I enjoy characters that can help clearing the hardest nodes.

    At the moment Daken/Falcon/Blade do an awesome job. There is litterally no limit to their power.

    There are many characters that are worth interest. Like playing them in sim (Colossus/Deadpool for instance).

    I am always curious to see the metagame change to avoid boredom. I had high expectations on Lame Thor, but nothing happened (PvP I mean), so I thought Gamora could be the one. A speedy killer.

    When I analyse a character, I watch the AP cost vs the damage done. That's pretty like what the Magic the Gathering players do when analysing a card. They know pretty instantly it will go to Standard/Commander/Vintage...

    My analysis may be wrong, but so far, except for Sentry (lol) I never failed.

    When you need to be quick (Shield/Health Pack costs), you can't have "ifs".

    Red ? For 6 AP I have Psylocke that does a better job, Deadpool up to 3300 damage, 8 I have Torch, 9 She-Hulk. So I am not overly impressed by 5 AP doing this kind of damage.

    Green ? It's a bit better than Beast.

    Black ? Ok, I'm curious with that. But you can't choose one character just for one colour.

    Now, with so many "not so useful" characters released, I will adapt and see how I can use them. I already found a good use of Doc Oc. He's really fun in LRs. Not bad, huh ?

    Maybe the new game format will enable us to play all the characters in a fun way, if this format is not competitive.

    I'd love to have LRs will literally all characters. When buffed, some become quite cool.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the two earlier posts, I'm going to post her section from my guide. TLDR: you NEED her black to be good or else shes basically unplayable. Red and green have pretty mediocre AP ratios (350 without black), but amazing ones after the black (500!). If you aren't using her black and she isn't tanking 3+ colors, you shouldn't be using her at all. Her ideal build is X/X/5 by the logic that if you aren't casting her black, you shouldn't be playing her at all, probably 3/5/5 since you're gonna cast red a lot more than her green.

    Gamora - A brawlery, damagey type that is either going to be the centerpiece of your team or pretty useless otherwise. Her black makes or breaks how good she is. If she tanks all three of her colors, that means that she's going to create 7 strike tiles on average, which at max level is insane at 1050 (more strength than berzerker rage, and unconditional too!) However, if she only tanks two colors, then you're looking at a much more average 4 tiles (600 strength for 12 ap), and you don't want to know what happens when she tanks 1 or less color. Her red and green are clearly meant to be used after her black: red does pretty mediocre damage, but low ap costs means that it synergizes with strike tiles really well since you can get more strike tile triggers from using it more often. Her green is expensive, but deals a modest amount of team damage and stuns two enemies for 2 turns at level 5, which again, works infinitely better once you get her strike tiles out. If you can kill one guy on their team before or while using it, this turns into stunning the entire team for 2 turns while you wail on them with strike tiles, which is a ton of free damage and basically a game ender at that point. If you build your team such that Gamora tanks all three of her colors, then her black is going to singlehandedly carry you to victory, which is pretty good for transitioning players that have mainly 2*s to pair her with. However, as soon as you get a deeper 3* roster with characters that tank for her, she's going to drop slowly into obscurity, since she is only good if she can get a strong black off. She is ranked this highly assuming she tanks 3/6 colors. If she tanks 2/6 colors, then she falls considerably lower, to probably slightly better than Psylocke tier.

    Ideal Build: 5 black is what defines the character. Between 5 green and 5 red, you are going to use red a lot more than green simply because its so much cheaper, but when you get green off, it's probably a game ender with the 2 turn stun. I think 3/5/5 will end up being the consensus best build since red is just going to be used so often, but 5/3/5 seems viable as well if your main gameplan is black into green.
  • ronin_sanronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    There are a LOT of good Green abilities. As of late, there are a lot of good BLACK abilities. The decision in the build should come from where your other characters are spec'd. If I'm running a max'd XFW, I want Gamora at 3/5/5, because she'll get second-hand black tiles only after XFW snipes them off the board. The problem is that it relies on fighting Daken, Doom. Spec'ing high in green is easy to do, because Thor, GSBW, and Hulk populate the board heavily with greens. And because Daken makes them pop up with his Chemical Reaction, (as well as adding strike tiles), he's a likely pairing as well.

    The way you build her revolves around who she's paired with. Personally, I see her working well with IM40, similar to Patch. When IM40 stuns himself, Patch gets tile preference. That'll work nicely with Gamora, too. In that regard, I'd do 5 in her red and 5 in her black.
  • edited December 2014
    Wow, she's just garbage. Red is bad (what's that, clean 350~ damage per red ap?), Green is one of those "Oh and if you have a million strike tiles out and are not winning for some crazy unlikely reason, this is good" skills and black requires her to be tanking red (so you won't have a good red) and green (so you won't have a good green).

    The only reason this isn't Beast level bad is that black could be good when she's boosted next pve. This will be sitting at base level in my roster forever.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

    I don't like too much "ifs" when trying to figure if a character is good or not...

    She's not really needed. She looks nice though.

    The problem with that logic arktos is that 98% of new character releases are going to be completely irrelevant because "they're just worse than X-Force or LadyThor or Hood". I like to think of new characters in the scope of how good are they to 2*->3* transitioners, and what new, good teams can I form with them that will actually do something in PvE. Turns out that Gamora can carry a team by herself if she tanks all 3 of her colors, and that something like Gamora / OBW / C. Storm could be a pretty sweet team to knock down some highish level PvE nodes.

    Otherwise I'm just going to be like the rest of the high tier players on this forum, complaining that literally every new 3* release is worse than X-Force, and therefore useless.

    That's not what he did. These abilities are boring. Grocket kicks tinykitty because he's powerful and does fun things. This is a worse psylocke, which basically never sees play anyway, except instead of a blue, which it's hard to get a good one, this one has the balls to have a green, which encompasses some of the best abilities in the entire game. 12 black ap to make strike tiles is NOT good enough to carry a character.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    That's pretty like what the Magic the Gathering players do when analysing a card. They know pretty instantly it will go to Standard/Commander/Vintage...

    AHEM. Tarmogoyfs were worth less than a dollar when I picked mine up because they were garbage cards that had no place in any decks:

    http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsear ... ame_type=1

    Birthing pod was considered garbage. Squadron hawk was considered garbage. Skullclamp. Brain Freeze. I could go on, but ALL of these ended up making it to decks that won championships and are widely regarded as great cards now.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

    I don't like too much "ifs" when trying to figure if a character is good or not...

    She's not really needed. She looks nice though.

    The problem with that logic arktos is that 98% of new character releases are going to be completely irrelevant because "they're just worse than X-Force or LadyThor or Hood". I like to think of new characters in the scope of how good are they to 2*->3* transitioners, and what new, good teams can I form with them that will actually do something in PvE. Turns out that Gamora can carry a team by herself if she tanks all 3 of her colors, and that something like Gamora / OBW / C. Storm could be a pretty sweet team to knock down some highish level PvE nodes.

    Otherwise I'm just going to be like the rest of the high tier players on this forum, complaining that literally every new 3* release is worse than X-Force, and therefore useless.

    That's not what he did. These abilities are boring. Grocket kicks tinykitty because he's powerful and does fun things. This is a worse psylocke, which basically never sees play anyway, except instead of a blue, which it's hard to get a good one, this one has the balls to have a green, which encompasses some of the best abilities in the entire game. 12 black ap to make strike tiles is NOT good enough to carry a character.

    Worse than Psylocke? I don't think you understand what you are saying. When you get 1k worth of strike tiles for 12 black AP, that's more than good enough to carry a team: Gamora at 12 black gives you level 5 berzerker rage levels of strike tiles without any drawback, and if zerker rage ends the game in short order even considering you give the enemy team those tiles, think about how good an unconditional zerker rage would be.
    Don't get me wrong, this character is terrible for players with high tier rosters. If you have a better black such as BP or X-Force, then she's worthless cause her entire gameplan depends on her black being insane. The difference is that her black IS insane if you build the team around her, and so she at least brings something to the table in that you can pair her with characters such that she still tanks her colors in PvE and have her black carry the team. Now try building a team around Psylocke, and tell me how that goes for you.
  • turulturul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    how to fix:

    red: add tile destroying for added cascade chance
    green: longer stun for 12AP
    black: seems ok, but +2 guaranteed strike tiles wouldnt hurt.
  • Ok, good job on your analysis everyone, this means no one should be going crazy trying to get her and make her PVPs a surmountable task.

    Remember, she's not Devil/4*Thor/Deadpool. You don't need to turn her PVPs into 700+ for top 100, okay XD
  • ark123 wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    That's pretty like what the Magic the Gathering players do when analysing a card. They know pretty instantly it will go to Standard/Commander/Vintage...

    AHEM. Tarmogoyfs were worth less than a dollar when I picked mine up because they were garbage cards that had no place in any decks:

    http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsear ... ame_type=1

    Birthing pod was considered garbage. Squadron hawk was considered garbage. Skullclamp. Brain Freeze. I could go on, but ALL of these ended up making it to decks that won championships and are widely regarded as great cards now.

    Well, some players do see what a card is worth BEFORE the market awakens. It gives them competitive advantage.
  • To the two earlier posts, I'm going to post her section from my guide. TLDR: you NEED her black to be good or else shes basically unplayable. Red and green have pretty mediocre AP ratios (350 without black), but amazing ones after the black (500!). If you aren't using her black and she isn't tanking 3+ colors, you shouldn't be using her at all. Her ideal build is X/X/5 by the logic that if you aren't casting her black, you shouldn't be playing her at all, probably 3/5/5 since you're gonna cast red a lot more than her green.

    Gamora - A brawlery, damagey type that is either going to be the centerpiece of your team or pretty useless otherwise. Her black makes or breaks how good she is. If she tanks all three of her colors, that means that she's going to create 7 strike tiles on average, which at max level is insane at 1050 (more strength than berzerker rage, and unconditional too!) However, if she only tanks two colors, then you're looking at a much more average 4 tiles (600 strength for 12 ap), and you don't want to know what happens when she tanks 1 or less color. Her red and green are clearly meant to be used after her black: red does pretty mediocre damage, but low ap costs means that it synergizes with strike tiles really well since you can get more strike tile triggers from using it more often. Her green is expensive, but deals a modest amount of team damage and stuns two enemies for 2 turns at level 5, which again, works infinitely better once you get her strike tiles out. If you can kill one guy on their team before or while using it, this turns into stunning the entire team for 2 turns while you wail on them with strike tiles, which is a ton of free damage and basically a game ender at that point. If you build your team such that Gamora tanks all three of her colors, then her black is going to singlehandedly carry you to victory, which is pretty good for transitioning players that have mainly 2*s to pair her with. However, as soon as you get a deeper 3* roster with characters that tank for her, she's going to drop slowly into obscurity, since she is only good if she can get a strong black off. She is ranked this highly assuming she tanks 3/6 colors. If she tanks 2/6 colors, then she falls considerably lower, to probably slightly better than Psylocke tier.

    Ideal Build: 5 black is what defines the character. Between 5 green and 5 red, you are going to use red a lot more than green simply because its so much cheaper, but when you get green off, it's probably a game ender with the 2 turn stun. I think 3/5/5 will end up being the consensus best build since red is just going to be used so often, but 5/3/5 seems viable as well if your main gameplan is black into green.

    I understand your analysis. But for a red ability (and it's the same with Lame Thor), if you need to have used another ability from another colour to make the red ability "awesome", then that's not good. Because in the end, the red ability is not 5 AP, but much more, and it requires some ifs...

    D3P does not work enough on characters synergy probably because they don't want to see Patchneto, SentryHood in the game. But we see those, because there were not any character to counter the deadly abilities. If you could have a "destroy all countdown tiles" for let's say 8 to 10 AP, then Sentry would not have needed a nerf.

    Basically an OP character shouldn't need a nerf if you release a character that can control his ability. Considering all the characters released, they have plenty opportunities to do that. There would be more interaction between players and much more fun.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Thought gamora was gonna power creep pun and torch, didnt expect her to be significantly worse.

    Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

    2 issues. First you have to get up to 12 black and she has to tank. She has BP like health so you get 1-2 matches before needing a health pack. For 12 black I would rather use Rag of the Panther.
    Her red is awsome for 5AP. this is how I use Psylock. I bring Daken along to reduce the cost down to 5 for damage rather than a strike tile.
    Her green is expensive. Double stun is really nice but I would rather bring along Patch for BR then have gamora drop a couple skull cracks down using Patches strike tiles.
    She is interesting but 2 of her powers are a little too expensive. As a tank she will take too many health packs like Black Panther. I think she fits as support instead of high damage. Bring her for a cheep red and active black user. I would rather loose strength on strike tiles and have Darken tank for her then have her require a health pack every other match.

    I'm not saying that she's a top tier character like Patch or BP. I'm saying that she can carry a team miles better than half of the other characters in this game, even okay ones such as Colossus and DP. If you have a team comp where she tanks all her colors, her black will most likely end the game. Tanking 3 colors = (3/7 tiles with her symbol * 64 tiles on board) / 4 tiles per strike tile, meaning you get roughly 7 strike tiles. 7 * 150 strike tile strength = 1050 worth of strike tiles. That's almost 50% more than Patch gets with zerker rage, and it's unconditional assuming you built the team for her, which is just straight up a game ender.


    Was talking some other forumites, and I think she's actually very respectable assuming she tanks 3 colors. She's pretty mediocre / worthless if she doesn't though, so she's very roster/ team dependent.

    Buildwise, 5 black is a must so it's either 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. 5 red is more consistent since you're always gonna cast red, but 5 green has huge payoff in that an extra turn of stun with strike tiles is kinda nuts.
    You are right that she can carry a transitioning team better than some. I still think because her health is in the 8000 is her issue. She needs to tank to be good. Because she tanks she will require health packs frequently. Her black is better than BP strike tiles and Sentrys. The problem is you need 12AP to get the strike tile. So if she is your main character you are looking to get 12Black and 10 red. Fire black for a super strike tile and then double dip with 2 reds. You can then match out the rest. If you have a 1000 strike tiles that is over 5k damage from red. Enough to take down 2* amd after a match 3 6800 3*. I just think bring along Patch instead for 9 green and 10 red. Now you get 2k damage from BR and close to 5k damage from gamora. If you get 12 black great add some more strike tiles to the board. I just don't think counting on a 12AP power that does not do direct damage is a riskier way to play. She is not bad, not great. I think from the new characters Blade is still the best even with lower health. His black is cheeper, and has a nice passive.
    As always you bring really interesting opinions and I don't disagree with you build. I just think as powerful as her black can be she is going to take a lot of damage and the strike tile can always be matched.
  • I'd completely disagree that 5 black is essential, not only because her black is incredibly overpriced, but because it's not going to do anything until she's tanking colors. Yes, it can create a bunch of good strike tiles. But you have to completely orient your team around that skill to make it effective, and it will be literally useless until she starts tanking colors. Since she's not really good enough to spend HP on her covers at this point, and she's not going to be leveled up for ages, her black is going to do nothing.

    Looking at her as a 166 when you can build a team around her, yes, her black is likely to be pretty good. Not a top three black skill, but pretty good. Looking at it how she's actually going to be played, it's a useless skill. She's not going to be tanking anything for us non-whales until March in all likelihood.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    And the arguements and debates begin. Lol

    So let's look at this green goddess.

    Health---Not bad, not great, at least she will be semi-playable since she's not 6800.

    Colors--Green/Red/Black--wow so creative

    I'm going to start with Black first

    Bad Reputation: 12 AP

    Okay, this is expensive but can do some serious damage, first and foremost you need this to be at least level 4 to really be doing much. At level 3 it's 80 strength Strike tiles, but at lvl 4 it's 101. Now on average you are going to get out 4 strike tiles. That's assuming that you have a balanced lineup with each character tanking 2 colors, and an average of 9 tiles of each color on the board. I think people are misunderstanding this skill. This isn't the kind of skill you try to get off right away, because it's not going to be worth the investment unless you build your deck specificly around her, for transition players she is huge, for established this skill doesn't seem like a great investment, unless you consider this a last ditch skill. This is the type of skill that when you lose 1 character maybe 2 that things get real. Imagine bringing 14 strike tiles at lvl 3 that's still only an extra 1080 dmg, but lvl 5 it's almost 2k worth of strike tiles. For me this is the bailout skill when things are not going well and can take you from an impending loss to victory.


    Razor's Edge: 5 AP

    Okay, no matter what you think of black or green, this needs to be maxed, period. Even moreso with established rosters. Throwing her along side X-Force with a spamable red that hits very hard when you look at AP to dmg ratio, it's the kind of easy AP to pick up and wittle down an opponent or finish them off after an X-Force or Surgical strike, and in PvP when the main character has red and you surgical strike into 9-10 red plus the 3-4 you already had and you are doing some fun stuff. While the dmg for this isn't massive it's the kind of consistant dmg you can pump out. 2 things are generally true for characters in MPQ, you generally want to max passives and 5 or 6 AP skills. That's not a set in stone rule, more of a guideline, but in this situation it works.

    Skull Cracker 12 AP

    Man, the green AoE's are really getting weak. okay, this is that sort of do everything skill that fails in all aspects. Now, if you are talking the world of X-Force, you will never use this skill, even if you don't have X-Force I would rather use Thor and do double the dmg for 2 more AP. Now in PvE this skill maxed has a little more use but in PvP if you just spent multiple turns to get 12 AP and only do 1148 AoE, you are probably going to lose with or without the stun.

    Summation: I would recomend either a 3/5/5 build or a 4/5/4.

    With 3/5/5 you get better strike tiles 696 AoE on green with 1 turn stuns and average 4 148 tiles for 592 strike tile on the board.
    4/5/4 you get 1148 AoE but still only 1 turn stun, and average 4 101 tiles for 404 strike tiles on the board.

    Is she useable in PvP, yes, high PvP? possibly if the featured is running red. She's hard to pair with a maxed X-Force because he will take green and black leaving her very little for Bad Reputation to be effective unless you choose not to run a blue or purple user because she actually has high values on those colors.

    The goal is to exploit her red which helps her take out annoying low level targets like hood quickly. I think Blade is a decent pairing, he will tank black, but she will get red/green and since she doesn't need a whole lot of red to use her skill you don't need massive amounts of red tiles which blade will have converted to strike tiles thus still keeping his passive working. And because it's very hard to get her to tank more than 2, I would just run her with Thor letting her tank blue and green and knowing when I activate Bad Reputation, hopefully enough blue is on the board that I can get a fair amount of strike tiles out.
  • Now try building a team around Psylocke, and tell me how that goes for you.

    Daken patch psylocke. It works wonderfully. Daken makes psylocke's red cheap, and with the board full of strike tiles her black hits double hits for a billion damage. Best part? No abilities that cost 12.
  • Looks like 355 easy to me.

    They may be trying to convince people to run a Guardians lineup with Grocket and Gamora, as green is the only overlap skill between the two and Grocket's blue goes ok with Gamora's red and black.

    Use Grocket's yellow to clear the teamup tiles and the number of her strike tiles you can create goes up.



    Not saying I would use this combo but I think I see what the devs are going for.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Now try building a team around Psylocke, and tell me how that goes for you.

    Daken patch psylocke. It works wonderfully. Daken makes psylocke's red cheap, and with the board full of strike tiles her black hits double hits for a billion damage. Best part? No abilities that cost 12.

    That team has Daken / Patch do most of the heavy lifting from their strike tiles: Psylocke is great in that team, but shes more of a cheap RB outlet used to exploit strike tiles than she is actually carrying the team. Thought experiment: consider the typical case where you have a 2 guys + a useless featured: would you rather take Gamora + someone, or Psylocke + someone? I don't think Psylocke daken or Psylocke Patch would be nearly as good as Gamora + X, simply because Gamora's black will carry you to victory, whereas Psylocke doesn't really do that.
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'd completely disagree that 5 black is essential, not only because her black is incredibly overpriced, but because it's not going to do anything until she's tanking colors. Yes, it can create a bunch of good strike tiles. But you have to completely orient your team around that skill to make it effective, and it will be literally useless until she starts tanking colors. Since she's not really good enough to spend HP on her covers at this point, and she's not going to be leveled up for ages, her black is going to do nothing.

    Looking at her as a 166 when you can build a team around her, yes, her black is likely to be pretty good. Not a top three black skill, but pretty good. Looking at it how she's actually going to be played, it's a useless skill. She's not going to be tanking anything for us non-whales until March in all likelihood.

    Why would you be playing Gamora in the first place if you aren't using her black? Green and red are both incredibly average / mediocre with an ap ratio of ~350 without it. Her red is okay since its so cheap, but its tough to bring a character along for just a single ability. I see it as all or nothing: you either build your team around her or you bring someone else instead. Black is actually a top 3 skill if she tanks 3 colors: only surgical / rage of the panther are better.
    wymtime wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Thought gamora was gonna power creep pun and torch, didnt expect her to be significantly worse.

    Edit: changed my mind. If gams the only 3* on your roster or tanks all 3 colors then her black is nuts: 750-900 strike tiles for 12ap. Amazing for ppl who dont have xf and 4or which obsolete all character releases.

    2 issues. First you have to get up to 12 black and she has to tank. She has BP like health so you get 1-2 matches before needing a health pack. For 12 black I would rather use Rag of the Panther.
    Her red is awsome for 5AP. this is how I use Psylock. I bring Daken along to reduce the cost down to 5 for damage rather than a strike tile.
    Her green is expensive. Double stun is really nice but I would rather bring along Patch for BR then have gamora drop a couple skull cracks down using Patches strike tiles.
    She is interesting but 2 of her powers are a little too expensive. As a tank she will take too many health packs like Black Panther. I think she fits as support instead of high damage. Bring her for a cheep red and active black user. I would rather loose strength on strike tiles and have Darken tank for her then have her require a health pack every other match.

    I'm not saying that she's a top tier character like Patch or BP. I'm saying that she can carry a team miles better than half of the other characters in this game, even okay ones such as Colossus and DP. If you have a team comp where she tanks all her colors, her black will most likely end the game. Tanking 3 colors = (3/7 tiles with her symbol * 64 tiles on board) / 4 tiles per strike tile, meaning you get roughly 7 strike tiles. 7 * 150 strike tile strength = 1050 worth of strike tiles. That's almost 50% more than Patch gets with zerker rage, and it's unconditional assuming you built the team for her, which is just straight up a game ender.


    Was talking some other forumites, and I think she's actually very respectable assuming she tanks 3 colors. She's pretty mediocre / worthless if she doesn't though, so she's very roster/ team dependent.

    Buildwise, 5 black is a must so it's either 5/3/5 or 3/5/5. 5 red is more consistent since you're always gonna cast red, but 5 green has huge payoff in that an extra turn of stun with strike tiles is kinda nuts.
    You are right that she can carry a transitioning team better than some. I still think because her health is in the 8000 is her issue. She needs to tank to be good. Because she tanks she will require health packs frequently. Her black is better than BP strike tiles and Sentrys. The problem is you need 12AP to get the strike tile. So if she is your main character you are looking to get 12Black and 10 red. Fire black for a super strike tile and then double dip with 2 reds. You can then match out the rest. If you have a 1000 strike tiles that is over 5k damage from red. Enough to take down 2* amd after a match 3 6800 3*. I just think bring along Patch instead for 9 green and 10 red. Now you get 2k damage from BR and close to 5k damage from gamora. If you get 12 black great add some more strike tiles to the board. I just don't think counting on a 12AP power that does not do direct damage is a riskier way to play. She is not bad, not great. I think from the new characters Blade is still the best even with lower health. His black is cheeper, and has a nice passive.
    As always you bring really interesting opinions and I don't disagree with you build. I just think as powerful as her black can be she is going to take a lot of damage and the strike tile can always be matched.

    If I was a transitioning player and got to pick between having a Gamora or Blade to accompany my 2* roster, I would pick Gamora every time. From what I've played with Blade, he's either amazing when you proc the thirst, or incredibly mediocre if you don't get the thirst. In non-goon fights, if the AI makes a red match, thirst is probably getting turned off. Blade's black is a fine support skill but doesn't finish the game, and his purple is slow and dependent on the thirst. Gamora, on the other hand, wins the game by herself on 12 black, so she's going to make far more of an impact on that roster than blade ever will. Of course, Gamora gets a lot worse than blade as you actually build up the roster, but if shes the main focus of you team, shes going to be pretty good for you.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    agreed on her Black, as a transition player I could see 4/5/4 since you may not have a lot of green users, but what I see some transitiong players doing is underleveing Gamora so OBW can steal black, feeding Gamora's black into strike tiles which OBW will use to much greatness.

    I myself will go 3/5/5 as I can't see any reason why I would use her green over others, red has it's merits, cheap spammable damage, that hits fairly well and if you have her strike tiles, oh my, ouch. A team that I could see her be very scary with is Spidey/Hood/Gamora, she has 3 colors and you have lots of control
  • Why would you be playing Gamora in the first place if you aren't using her black? Green and red are both incredibly average / mediocre with an ap ratio of ~350 without it. Her red is okay since its so cheap, but its tough to bring a character along for just a single ability. I see it as all or nothing: you either build your team around her or you bring someone else instead. Black is actually a top 3 skill if she tanks 3 colors: only surgical / rage of the panther are better.

    Because she's a required character or featured in a PVP. That's it. That will be the only reason I use her in the next six months. She's not going to be leveled enough for her black to be usable at all because they're so cheap with the covers for the new characters.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Why would you be playing Gamora in the first place if you aren't using her black? Green and red are both incredibly average / mediocre with an ap ratio of ~350 without it. Her red is okay since its so cheap, but its tough to bring a character along for just a single ability. I see it as all or nothing: you either build your team around her or you bring someone else instead. Black is actually a top 3 skill if she tanks 3 colors: only surgical / rage of the panther are better.

    Because she's a required character or featured in a PVP. That's it. That will be the only reason I use her in the next six months. She's not going to be leveled enough for her black to be usable at all because they're so cheap with the covers for the new characters.

    I was assuming she would be at max covers - it's obvious that her (and most other characters) are trash until high levels / full covers. Not really sure what argument you're going for here - 5 black seems essential if you don't want her to be 100% useless on your roster if you have her max covered / iso. If your argument is "black isn't necessary because i'm never going to level her so shes always going to be bad", then her build is going to be irrelevant in any case since you're never using her. My point is to maximize the case where she can actually be useful, and 5 black is the only thing she has going for her.

    Also guys, remember that Gamora's red actually has an AP ratio of 286 as opposed to 350. The average case is you matching red 2 times, causing the ability to be 6 ap for that damage as opposed to 5. In any case I don't see ever bringing her just for her red when you have guys like Torch / Pun around.
Sign In or Register to comment.