*** Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) ***

13468915

Comments

  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say that the best characters to pair with Gamora for PvE are Mystique and Hood. Gamora tanks 3 colors, MQ blue and Hood blue both fuel Mystique's black, which will just win the game. Even you guys (I'm looking at you ark and lerysh) can't deny that Gamora would be infinitely better than Psylocke or Blade with this team composition.
  • And BP would be a thousand times better than her.
  • I would say that the best characters to pair with Gamora for PvE are Mystique and Hood. Gamora tanks 3 colors, MQ blue and Hood blue both fuel Mystique's black, which will just win the game. Even you guys (I'm looking at you ark and lerysh) can't deny that Gamora would be infinitely better than Psylocke or Blade with this team composition.

    It all depends on who is tanking the colours.

    If Gamora tanks a lot, the strike tiles will be deadly (that means when she is Featured).

    But seriously, when you play Thorina with Hood, Hood tanks most of the colours on board... Not good.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    And BP would be a thousand times better than her.

    And xf ladythor is a thousand times better than any other character duo in the game, whats your point?
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I would say that the best characters to pair with Gamora for PvE are Mystique and Hood. Gamora tanks 3 colors, MQ blue and Hood blue both fuel Mystique's black, which will just win the game. Even you guys (I'm looking at you ark and lerysh) can't deny that Gamora would be infinitely better than Psylocke or Blade with this team composition.

    It all depends on who is tanking the colours.

    If Gamora tanks a lot, the strike tiles will be deadly (that means when she is Featured).

    But seriously, when you play Thorina with Hood, Hood tanks most of the colours on board... Not good.

    That team is set up such that if you put gamora in the middle, she tanks all the colors.
  • ark123 wrote:
    And BP would be a thousand times better than her.

    And xf ladythor is a thousand times better than any other character duo in the game, whats your point?

    I'm comparing yellow strike tile generating, AoE causing 3* characters with big spells that cost 12 black.

    Don't be purposely dense. I've seen your math thread, I know you're not dumb.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    And BP would be a thousand times better than her.

    And xf ladythor is a thousand times better than any other character duo in the game, whats your point?

    I'm comparing yellow strike tile generating, AoE causing 3* characters with big spells that cost 12 black.

    Don't be purposely dense. I've seen your math thread, I know you're not dumb.

    You're comparing Gamora to one of the strongest characters in the game. Saying that "Gamora is worse than BP" is a pretty bad argument because 90% of 3*s fall under the exact same category. It seems like for you, "average" tier is the exact same thing as "trash tier".
  • ark123 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    And BP would be a thousand times better than her.

    And xf ladythor is a thousand times better than any other character duo in the game, whats your point?

    I'm comparing yellow strike tile generating, AoE causing 3* characters with big spells that cost 12 black.

    Don't be purposely dense. I've seen your math thread, I know you're not dumb.

    You're comparing Gamora to one of the strongest characters in the game. Saying that "Gamora is worse than BP" is a pretty bad argument because 90% of 3*s fall under the exact same category. It seems like for you, "average" tier is the exact same thing as "trash tier".

    Then we agree, Gamora is to BP as Beast is to Grocket.

    If you have the stronger one, there's no point in ever leveling the inferior.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Then we agree, Gamora is to BP as Beast is to Grocket.

    If you have the stronger one, there's no point in ever leveling the inferior.

    Stop dropping the Phantron argument, that's not my point at all. Here's an example of the Phantron argument: "X-Force is so imbalanced that why would you ever level Punisher, Torch, Mohawk, Patch, *insert every single 3* character here*". For you, yes, I get it. You want to use your core of the 6-8 top tieriest characters, and ignore all the rest. That's perfectly fine, but saying that Gamora is terrible to the point of what I assume is Beast tier is just plain wrong. You can stay in your little bubble of "if the character isn't strictly better than BP, it's Beast tier", but that contributes nothing to actually figuring out an objective view of how good this character actually is.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Then we agree, Gamora is to BP as Beast is to Grocket.

    If you have the stronger one, there's no point in ever leveling the inferior.

    Stop dropping the Phantron argument, that's not my point at all. Here's an example of the Phantron argument: "X-Force is so imbalanced that why would you ever level Punisher, Torch, Mohawk, Patch, *insert every single 3* character here*". For you, yes, I get it. You want to use your core of the 6-8 top tieriest characters, and ignore all the rest. That's perfectly fine, but saying that Gamora is terrible to the point of what I assume is Beast tier is just plain wrong. You can stay in your little bubble of "if the character isn't strictly better than BP, it's Beast tier", but that contributes nothing to actually figuring out an objective view of how good this character actually is.
    Can't we all just get along icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Look BP has strong strike tiles and a huge Nuke. He has good health not great. his issue is he needs a lot of AP. 9 yellow is not huge but when he tanks yellow and takes that damage he regularly requires health packs. If you just bing him for black then he is one dimensional. Is he top tier? Unfortunately no because he requires too many health packs.
    Gamora has one really fast ability ability that will do good not great damage. She then has a conditionally strong black. If she tanks it is big strike tiles, if she does not tank any colors black won't fire. Is she bad no, she is in the Psylock, HT and Punisher class of capability, but has more health.
    Overall both are characters that can rotate in with better characters. they will both need health packs after about 2 matches if they tank colors and that is why if you like them you level both.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Then we agree, Gamora is to BP as Beast is to Grocket.

    If you have the stronger one, there's no point in ever leveling the inferior.

    Stop dropping the Phantron argument, that's not my point at all. Here's an example of the Phantron argument: "X-Force is so imbalanced that why would you ever level Punisher, Torch, Mohawk, Patch, *insert every single 3* character here*". For you, yes, I get it. You want to use your core of the 6-8 top tieriest characters, and ignore all the rest. That's perfectly fine, but saying that Gamora is terrible to the point of what I assume is Beast tier is just plain wrong. You can stay in your little bubble of "if the character isn't strictly better than BP, it's Beast tier", but that contributes nothing to actually figuring out an objective view of how good this character actually is.

    It's exactly as hard to get BP covers as Gamora covers.

    Never said Gamora was as bad as Beast.
  • Interesting she has same voice actor as Black Widow
  • If her green cost 9/10 he prolly playable.
    But with black for Surgical, green for X-Force, red for Smite/lotp/pol.force.. she's going nowhere.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find Gamora to be decent. She's underpowered but its more because of the skill costs. Having played her a bit now, I can honestly say I like her green more than I thought. It's hard to evaluate her black since you need her higher leveled to be noticeable, her red is awesome though, you can do some serious damage. I'm undecided on her build I think 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 each have their merits. I was thinking a deadpool/bp or hood or any blue yellow. That would allow her to tank three colors and the rainbow.
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I find Gamora to be decent. She's underpowered but its more because of the skill costs. Having played her a bit now, I can honestly say I like her green more than I thought. It's hard to evaluate her black since you need her higher leveled to be noticeable, her red is awesome though, you can do some serious damage. I'm undecided on her build I think 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 each have their merits. I was thinking a deadpool/bp or hood or any blue yellow. That would allow her to tank three colors and the rainbow.

    do you have a maxed out grocket to play with her? im curious how well a 3/5/5 gamora would pair with a 3/5/5 ( or 4/5/4) grocket for giggles.

    -18700 HP between the both of them, lot to go through
    -gamora would get green tiles over grocket for bad rep
    -2 strike tile powers
    -use grocket green for board shake up
  • Based on the animation and most mobile players.

    Gamora's reputation as the "Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" precedes her and she knows that you are playing on the toilet, she can smell you. To get rid of the smell she converts a basic yellowtile.png into a strength 18 Strike tile to beat the smell away. You sicko! Playing on the toilet.
  • homeinvasionhomeinvasion Age Unconfirmed Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I think Gamora is really lazy character design. there is already Punisher, HT, or even Psylocke with a better color combo that fill this low cost damage slot. Even worse, for her black to be any good, you need to have her tanking multiple colors, which is completely counter intuitive. Gamora is going into the never played basket with Beast for me.

    Dev 1 "oh no we made another HT, Punisher"
    Dev 2" Give her 8K health"
    Dev1 "genius"

    I can't help thinking where is all the money going because these unbalanced no reason characters must be pretty easy to bang out and just seems like a smoke screen to cover up the lack of any actual PVE or PVP content, that doesn't consist of a new skin for an event. Honestly same events different rewards and occasionally different characters, but all in all this is the same game I played 6 months ago, verbatim.

    I am starting to believe the theory that D3 don't even know why this game is good they just got lucky and are riding the success wave as long as they can without making the game progress that is needed to sustain a community.
  • I think Gamora is really lazy character design. there is already Punisher, HT, or even Psylocke with a better color combo that fill this low cost damage slot. Even worse, for her black to be any good, you need to have her tanking multiple colors, which is completely counter intuitive. Gamora is going into the never played basket with Beast for me.

    Dev 1 "oh no we made another HT, Punisher"
    Dev 2" Give her 8K health"
    Dev1 "genius"

    I can't help thinking where is all the money going because these unbalanced no reason characters must be pretty easy to bang out and just seems like a smoke screen to cover up the lack of any actual PVE or PVP content, that doesn't consist of a new skin for an event. Honestly same events different rewards and occasionally different characters, but all in all this is the same game I played 6 months ago, verbatim.

    I am starting to believe the theory that D3 don't even know why this game is good they just got lucky and are riding the success wave as long as they can without making the game progress that is needed to sustain a community.

    She's a "middle" character. Not great, but not bad. I think her red is the most exciting/has the most potential thing they've provided, and who knows, we may get the tools to properly use her later on.

    These type of characters are introduced(typically, can't speak for this case) to be an option, not the best option, but an option nonetheless.

    And as for her "use" in the big picture, its as another body/powered up/essential character. As has been discussed to death, the tier list isn't really effected by her introduction.

    On a personal note, I'm glad she isn't ridiculously powerful so the whales/166 brigade won't absolutely thrash me in trying to get her. I'm just glad she's not a beast/doc ock.

    Could she use a buff? Sure. But she'd have to get in a long, long line.
  • I like doc oc way more than her. Excellent passive, interesting blue, tinykitty but usable green, and he doesn't need to tank to do anything.

    I got over 900 in the doc oc pvp off zerker Rage and his passive pretty easily (plus hulk).

    The only useful ability this one has is the cheap red.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I think Gamora is really lazy character design. there is already Punisher, HT, or even Psylocke with a better color combo that fill this low cost damage slot. Even worse, for her black to be any good, you need to have her tanking multiple colors, which is completely counter intuitive. Gamora is going into the never played basket with Beast for me.

    Dev 1 "oh no we made another HT, Punisher"
    Dev 2" Give her 8K health"
    Dev1 "genius"

    I can't help thinking where is all the money going because these unbalanced no reason characters must be pretty easy to bang out and just seems like a smoke screen to cover up the lack of any actual PVE or PVP content, that doesn't consist of a new skin for an event. Honestly same events different rewards and occasionally different characters, but all in all this is the same game I played 6 months ago, verbatim.

    I am starting to believe the theory that D3 don't even know why this game is good they just got lucky and are riding the success wave as long as they can without making the game progress that is needed to sustain a community.

    She's a "middle" character. Not great, but not bad. I think her red is the most exciting/has the most potential thing they've provided, and who knows, we may get the tools to properly use her later on.

    These type of characters are introduced(typically, can't speak for this case) to be an option, not the best option, but an option nonetheless.

    And as for her "use" in the big picture, its as another body/powered up/essential character. As has been discussed to death, the tier list isn't really effected by her introduction.

    On a personal note, I'm glad she isn't ridiculously powerful so the whales/166 brigade won't absolutely thrash me in trying to get her. I'm just glad she's not a beast/doc ock.

    Could she use a buff? Sure. But she'd have to get in a long, long line.
    The whales/166 brigade will thrash you in trying to get every new character, even if it's 3* Bag-Man
Sign In or Register to comment.