The Gauntlet: Oct. 30 - Nov. 4

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    It feels like the game is really mad at me for escaping out of Simulation 37 with only 100 HP remaining on Ares. icon_lol.gif

On 38, twice in a row, my board has started with one and only one bad move to make from the get-go. Bad as in, it will allow the AI to make a match-4 or match-5 (but the AI will likely match-4).

Third time produces a slightly better but very Purple-deficient board, but I tinykitty it up by matching a vertical match-4... which drops a tile that will allow the AI to make a horizontal match-4. The AI matches it, of course... and the entire top row that drops in has no fewer than 5 Green tiles in a row.

Triggers critical which is already bad, but even worse, it auto-matches more Green below.

I can't steal yet but we all know what's going to happen next.

Sentry World Ruptures and my entire board is covered in an X fashion with WR tiles. icon_e_sad.gif

... I retreated.

Edit: Hoping to collect Essential Marvel to finish Alpine for Daken and to finish Domination for Black Panther. Already have a single Daken cover and no Panthers so really trying to finish.

Does anyone remember the order of Essentials in Domination in the first series of Essential nodes? I can see Blade's but I don't know who comes after?

Thanks in advance!
    Essential 13
    icon_venom.pngicon_spiderman.png Bagman
    Essential 14
    icon_magneto.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ironman.png 40
    Essential 15
    icon_daken.pngicon_daken.pngicon_wolverine.png patch
    Essential 16
    icon_ms_marvel.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_storm.png mowhawk
    Essential 17
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_humantorch.png
    Essential 18
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png, Ragnarok
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you very much. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Essential 18
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngicon_ragnarok.png

I would have really rather seen this node feature
    star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png

I just think it would have been funnier...Even if it would have been harder since star.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png buffed to 200+ is a far more dangerous foe than icon_ragnarok.png
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    icon_eek.gif

Thor, Thor, and MORE Thor?

*inches away from that node in case it should ever appear*

icon_lol.gif

... Actually, on second thought, there would be AP conflict for them so who would use what? Would the AI with the fewest needed APs go first or would the AI with the higher AP hoard AP and then go? Or a mix?

So I collected Marvel's cover and Daken's cover, but no Black Panther. Needed an extra day for the Domination sub so decided to be happy just collecting my Marvel and Daken. Stopped playing with the last 2 nodes to go on Domination and the 3 last Essentials.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    :shock:

Thor, Thor, and MORE Thor?

*inches away from that node in case it should ever appear*

icon_lol.gif

... Actually, on second thought, there would be AP conflict for them so who would use what? Would the AI with the fewest needed APs go first or would the AI with the higher AP hoard AP and then go? Or a mix?

So I collected Marvel's cover and Daken's cover, but no Black Panther. Needed an extra day for the Domination sub so decided to be happy just collecting my Marvel and Daken. Stopped playing with the last 2 nodes to go on Domination and the 3 last Essentials.

Which ever one the AI spins the bottle to, same as how it determines all it's AP conflicts.

It does favor icon_ragnarok.png in the real node, so by focusing on star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png, takes away their blueflag.png outlet, then star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png removes their yellowflag.png outlet. Deny redflag.pnggreenflag.png , it honestly was a pretty easy node.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    icon_e_sad.gif Beat everything except Sim 42 and Essential 18. I came closest on beating Essential 18 with downing the Thors but then Rags spammed me to death. I didn't even down anyone once on Sim 42. I would target Thor first but Fury or DareDevil Team-Up would lay their traps and game over.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    :( Beat everything except Sim 42 and Essential 18. I came closest on beating Essential 18 with downing the Thors but then Rags spammed me to death. I didn't even down anyone once on Sim 42. I would target Thor first but Fury or DareDevil Team-Up would lay their traps and game over.

Gauntlet is over, but when there are 3 dangerous enemies, it's usually a good idea to drop the lowest health one first (in this case Fury). One less enemy's abilities to guard against is always better.

For Thoreen/Thor/Rags I dropped Thoreen first because she has an additional colour and lower cost dangerous powers, then Rags because his cheap powers are spammable and have a good chance of generating ap. Thor is the least troublesome with his high cost abilities - as long as you have an ap stealer he's fairly harmless.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:

I stopped much earlier due to RL commitments and picked it back up with a little over 2 hours to go. I wiped on nodes 37 and 38 but barely got through them which of course used up all my health packs. With 50 minutes left in the event my run was over so no icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png for me.
  • I didn't bother with the last node or the last few essentials. I figured the time would be better spent on Lightning Rounds, which paid off pretty well. But I liked having it, and would have liked it more if they had handed out more event tokens.
  • SunCrusher
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    SunCrusher wrote:

I stopped much earlier due to RL commitments and picked it back up with a little over 2 hours to go. I wiped on nodes 37 and 38 but barely got through them which of course used up all my health packs. With 50 minutes left in the event my run was over so no icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png for me.

Given everything, I think we did pretty good regardless. icon_e_smile.gif

Next time, I'll see if I can crank in a little more time; I think I could have made it if I had given myself a little extra time.