No Man's Land

Comments

• I didn't realize how much I missed playing with Classic Storm and her maxed out wind storm ability.

With the weaker characters involved it feels like firing off a maxed out BWGS sniper rifle, only faster!

Anyway, maxed out my BWGS green covers and BWO all covers. I think I'm done with this silly tourney.
  • Playing against a team with C.Storm? C.Storm yellow is a strong color, raging tempest is yellow. Explains why AI prioritizes purple matches with Spider Man (even before he had third ability).
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Bugpop wrote:
    Playing against a team with C.Storm? C.Storm yellow is a strong color, raging tempest is yellow. Explains why AI prioritizes purple matches with Spider Man (even before he had third ability).
    Modern Black Widow also has a strong yellow lol. She can't do anything with it, though.
  • Note to self -- do not let AI get to 11 blue w/ C Storm.

Wiped out my C Storm, my Yelena (because I refuse to spend ISO on IW or Moonstone), and by the time the stun wore off my Grey Widow was down to 200 hp.

Too bad for them I got off a Deceptive Tactics which was enough to power up my Sniper Rifle. That's all she wrote.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    And it's good to see that C Storm continues to be absurd.

L85 BWGS, L83 C Storm, L30 Yelena
    Vs
    L80 C Storm, L25 GWBS, L25 Yelena

Everyone at full health.

Hit a crit green against enemy Storm early in the match. That kicks off a Tempest-a-thon between the Storms.

And it wipes out my entire team after about 30 seconds of the infinite tempest ping pong. All of the enemy team is still standing, although heavily damaged.

Do they even have QA?
  • I kinda regret not finishing levelling my C Storm back when the meta was all about her. Mine is only 58 or so.
  • jozier wrote:
    I kinda regret not finishing levelling my C Storm back when the meta was all about her. Mine is only 58 or so.

Yeah, mine is only 50, but my modern is like...12.
  • Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I kinda regret not finishing levelling my C Storm back when the meta was all about her. Mine is only 58 or so.

My modern is mid-40s. A slow team, but an unstoppable team against mid-tier women crews that I've been using is: M Storm, BWO and Moonstone/Yelena. Especially dominant in the jungle.
  • jozier wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:

My modern is mid-40s. A slow team, but an unstoppable team against mid-tier women crews that I've been using is: M Storm, BWO and Moonstone/Yelena. Especially dominant in the jungle.

That's what I'm using as well. lv50+ MStorm and OBW is enough to beat any team by themselves. Moonstone adds a decent chunk of damage, even without being leveled much. The cool thing is that I can retaliate forever on anyone without using a heal pack, so they eventually get grinded down.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited December 2013
    Bugpop wrote:
    Playing against a team with C.Storm? C.Storm yellow is a strong color, raging tempest is yellow. Explains why AI prioritizes purple matches with Spider Man (even before he had third ability).

Hey.

Hey Bugpop.

You're in my spot.

Edit: Nevermind.

HuxsdLQ.jpg

AND NOW I TANK FOR THE THIRD TIME IN THIS LADY TOURNAMENT (with my team of level 1's)
  • Kelbris
    Also, I'm still vehemently refusing to use C Storm. She's level 15 and she's staying that way for a good while, even with her 5/4/4 build.

Once my Moony hits 50 (I think she's at 43?) I'm leveling my 5/3/4 OBW to 40-50, and I'll swap her in for MBW.
  • Kelbris
    Bugpop, what team are you running? People keep hitting you. ._.
  • The following lineup is fairly flexible and works well for me.

85 Moonstone 5/5/3
    85 O.Widow 5/5/3
    50 M.Storm 5/5/3

I have 130 GSBW but it's harder to use her. Maybe I haven't tried to put together a good strategy involving her. I really want to use Yelena in a lineup.

I swap out M.Storm 5/5/3 for a 50 M.Storm 5/3/5 if I run out of health packs, Happens when opponent C.Storm gets off Wind Storm. I then I use 85 C.Storm 5/5/3

I got up to 700 points earlier

EDIT: For some reason people keep knocking me down for 30-40 points.
  • Kelbris
    Bugpop wrote:
    The following lineup is fairly flexible and works well for me.

85 Moonstone 5/5/3
    85 O.Widow 5/5/3
    50 M.Storm 5/5/3

I have 130 GSBW but it's harder to use her. Maybe I haven't tried to put together a good strategy involving her. I really want to use Yelena in a lineup.

I swap out M.Storm 5/5/3 for a 50 M.Storm 5/3/5 if I run out of health packs, Happens when opponent C.Storm gets off Wind Storm. I then I use 85 C.Storm 5/5/3

I got up to 700 points earlier

EDIT: For some reason people keep knocking me down for 30-40 points.

How's OBW 5/5/3 treating you? I'm going 5/3/5 because I doubt I'll use her often in PVE.
  • I already had her maxed before the Black Espionage was released, so it was 5/5/3 for me. I think it's fine. She does what I need her to do. During PVE the 5/5 Blue is handy to heal and increase timers. I think that 5 Black is likely to be more useful. I use her mostly to heal.

BTW, I almost got to 900 before being knocked down.
  • Having never used Moonstone before, I am somewhat impressed by her red damage and health. I'll be sure to use her in other events as soon as I have a shortage on those roles.
  • Moonstone's health is definitely her best asset. She was a nice little backup tank back in Bad is Good, not so bad in this either although my women's team doesn't really need red matches.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Bugpop wrote:
    I already had her maxed before the Black Espionage was released, so it was 5/5/3 for me. I think it's fine. She does what I need her to do. During PVE the 5/5 Blue is handy to heal and increase timers. I think that 5 Black is likely to be more useful. I use her mostly to heal.

BTW, I almost got to 900 before being knocked down.

For me, original Widow is the stand out for this tournament due to her purple ability to steal AP especially from Classic Storms who are trying to get their 11 blue and wipe out whole teams. The fact it helps me get 11 blue as well is awesome too. I am 5/5/3 as well due to the same reason.
  • Honestly, as long as no one else is stronger than OBW in Purple, there's no reason to go for 5 in Purple. You'll steal their purple just doing purple matches, which you'll want to do anyhow to get the AP to steal. The only reason to go higher is if you want her to hide behind someone else in purple.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    The thing with this tournament that I have found is that people are scoring incredibly high. For example, at one point I had 302 points and was in 132nd place. Is this occurring for everyone, or is it just a fluke?