No Man's Land

Comments

• Nice to be able to run both PvP events at the same time without character overlap. Now that I leveled up moonstone for this I don't have a ranking character for lightning rounds :-/
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited December 2013
    Got to like 280 or 300; tanking now. 15 CStorm / 6 Moonstone / 1 Widow.

If I find a Yelena I'll trade her for the Moonstone.
  • I hit 325 but I keep getting slammed with PVP points. Similar to the Avengers tournament.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been having a lot of fun in this one so far - a few excellent fights and some close calls (I staggered out of one with only Moonstone left standing at < 100 HP.) I made it to to the 325 for the Original Widow cover (yay!) and almost made it to the second one before running out of heals and taking a small but reasonable beating. It's nice to get a chance to use Moonstone.
  • I cannot stop looking at the ridiculous picture of the Invisible Woman that flashes across the Recruit Heroes button on the tournament page. Moonstone's picture in the slide show is also unintentionally amusing.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    I had stopped levelling my C Storm and other women characters (except BWGS) and just realized my modern storm wasn't even maxed level wise. But a modern storm/original black widow combo can do very well (but not against super high level teams I guess). Especially in the jungle environment.
  • I am having the hardest time keeping Storm alive, regardless of whether I use Modern or Classic. I have 2 maxed Modern Storms and 1 maxed classic. I have a classic storm with maxed abilities at level 6. I'm not really ready to level her.

I'm really disappointed that my lineup doesn't make use of espionage. The lineups I play against where original widow makes full use of espionage are hard.
  • I don't really want to bother with this event. Currently I have a 50 Modern Storm, a 15 GSBW, and a 10 Moonstone. I guess I could ditch something to make room for a modern widow but that just sounds like a waste.
  • Got a green cover for Black Widow Grey Suit!
  • Im running 85 classic storm, lvl 64 GSBW and a 61 moonstone....I might actually come 1st in a tournament for a change by the looks of it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I have basically none of these characters leveled up, so I think I might just grab a few prog rewards and sit out of this one.
  • I don't really want to bother with this event. Currently I have a 50 Modern Storm, a 15 GSBW, and a 10 Moonstone. I guess I could ditch something to make room for a modern widow but that just sounds like a waste.
    I have basically none of these characters leveled up, so I think I might just grab a few prog rewards and sit out of this one.

With many of the teams I've seen, as long as you participate I can't see why you can't get a decent ranking award.
  • just gonna wait til the last 20 minutes and then green booster my way up with black widow.

i sold all the 1/2 *s, so all i have is IW and her icon_e_confused.gif
  • Hit 325 and I am hopefully done. I will play a little to maintain top 100 for the HP, but that's it.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm running Black Widow Original, Moonstone, and Modern Storm.
    Strategy: Grab purple as the other team does gathering, then steal all they have and destroy them. Use Storm to gather even more power. Use Moonstone's red for heavy damage, or her black for stunning. Mostly, though, steal power like crazy.

I'm seeing lots of (pick three) Black Widow Gray Suit, Classic Storm, Invisible Woman, Moonstone.

For some reason, the opposing teams never land an attack on me. I easily went to rank 5 in my bracket. I can see one of two possibilities:
    1. This is a really great fast team.
    2. The AI for BW:GS, C:Storm, Invis Woman, and Moonstone kinda sucks.
  • GSBW and c.storm both have some windup to use their powers, and you keep stealing purple and blue. Getting to GSBW's sniper, without boosts, without a human player controlling her purple, or a green battery like hulk/Ragnarok takes a looooong time.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Got the 250 Ladies Heroic token and pulled a GS black widow (purple). Very happy with this pull.

The rewards are pretty weak here if you have all the slots for original black widow taken up already. Only top 20 get the GS BW, seems like a lot of effort and you still might get stuck with nothing but some HP.

Think its time to take a break from this one.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I figured out why it's so easy to win most of these matches.

AI -- There's yellow? Grab the Yellow! Get the Yellow!

Yellow really doesn't do anything for any of these teams, but the AI seems to prioritizing that color. I've seen Invisible Woman's invisibility power as a result. And not too many other attacks.
  • AI -- There's yellow? Grab the Yellow! Get the Yellow!

Shhh the ai might hear you. But really the ai is making it simple to beat teams way better than mine.
  • This tournament is only about scoring some OBW covers, specifically, black. Every fight is going the same way for me due to limited female characters: play teams with characters with HPs around 1500 so I can rush C.Storm's blue attack and wipe the match. So, so glad I chose to go 5/5/3 with C.Storm way back when...