No Man's Land

Comments

• The thing with this tournament that I have found is that people are scoring incredibly high. For example, at one point I had 302 points and was in 132nd place. Is this occurring for everyone, or is it just a fluke?

Top spot in my bracket is 639. I think because teams are so even in this tourney, that there's a lot of people bunched together in the middle tiers. I was in 97th place, did one retaliation for 28 pts. and ended up in 45th.
  • Top spot in my bracket has 592 right now, I could probably beat that, but I'm tanking right now. I have 520.
  • Ugh, fighting Modern Storm and OBW. Spend the whole game denying their AP generating colors (Red, Black, Purple), then the computer decided to hand the AI a cascade of 3 straight 4-of-a-kind cascades in Green, Red, and Purple.

Yeah, I got **** wiped. This **** game man.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    So glad the black original widow cover is the lowest one. Don't even need to bother much
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Tanking until 11.
  • I ended up getting a red and green GSBW from the NML token and a standard token(!?!) - which I needed - so I'm just trying for the black OBW cover now, just poking the ranking to stay in the 21-50. Cause, the 50HP is still something. Ain't too proud to admit I'm HP poor.
  • So am i the only one who hopes this tourney doesnt do a second run lol?
  • deano128 wrote:
    So am i the only one who hopes this tourney doesnt do a second run lol?

They aren't.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    deano128 wrote:

You are not alone- there is even less team variety than normal.
  • Misguided wrote:
    deano128 wrote:

They aren't.

Good lol... Not to complain cause i know they put in a lot of work etc for us to enjoy the game but imo this one was boring and slow
  • deano128 wrote:

You are not alone- there is even less team variety than normal.

Yea i jumped in got the 325 pt progression black OBW cover and got out lol
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Tanking until 11.
    Tanking to 1st? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went from #2 to #135 within a few hours. I already had the covers, so I decided to see how far down my team could get beaten.
  • Well that's the last time I grind trying to actually place high in a trounament. I was sitting pretty around #3-15 for about an hour. Slowly playing trying to just afloat. Then in the last 10 minutes I get gang ****, lose over 100 pts and one **** board later I'm #30. Now I have 3 OBW covers I can't use.

It's really frustrating to play a match worth 20pts then as soon as you win you find out you just lost 65 with no feasable way to get it back. They really need to rework the point rewards in PvP. There's no reason someone should be able to take 30 pts from you and if you retaliate you're lucky to get 60% of it back.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Top 4 in no man's land, got some much needed GSBW covers... and just in time for the widowmaker tourny too icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yeah the game really favors waiting til the last few minutes to make a push, I made the mistake of sitting at top 5 in the last push. Got hit 11 times in the last 3 minutes and dropped to the top 20 reward. Never gonna get that last green cover like this.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Yeah, this new scoring system is still such a pain. It's just way too volatile right now. I can't complain THAT much, since I think I've gotten a top 4-5 finish with all of these, but it's still pretty frustrating.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    I tried for top 4 and just missed. Now I have a purple and red cover I don't need. Bummer.

Waste of time.
  • Ended up top 20, not too bad considering my team. Just need that last green cover.
  • Haha what, went into my last fight ranked 6th. And I only finished top 50.

That's some crazy volatility, wow.