No Man's Land

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Had first by 50 points. Got hit twice for 60. Missed getting back into first by less than a minute (fight ended right after midnight).

Some punk's got my green IW cover. I'm gonna Punish less than 40% of my foot in his ****. Then again, I did tank 4 different times during this tournament...

Anyway, MAN did I learn how badass Moonstone can be. If her warp collapses, it also gains 1 AP of whatever basic tile you chose, which can be a great way to do damage and then grab the last AP to launch a skill like Photon/LS. I didn't even level her above 51 and she was doing 2k damage on occasions. Absolutely nuts.

The trick was taking out Storm first so that you weren't swapping Attack tiles.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    Well that's the last time I grind trying to actually place high in a trounament. I was sitting pretty around #3-15 for about an hour. Slowly playing trying to just afloat. Then in the last 10 minutes I get gang ****, lose over 100 pts and one tinykitty board later I'm #30. Now I have 3 OBW covers I can't use.

It's really frustrating to play a match worth 20pts then as soon as you win you find out you just lost 65 with no feasable way to get it back. They really need to rework the point rewards in PvP. There's no reason someone should be able to take 30 pts from you and if you retaliate you're lucky to get 60% of it back.

You're... new here, aren't you?

Why are you attacking people for less than 25 points in cases where their team can compete with yours? That's silly. Don't hit someone below you unless the sheet sight of your team will make them skip, barring the fools who will charge in and take multiple attempts to take you out.

If someone with scrubby points hits you, SKIP THEM. They aren't worth it. You'll find someone with a higher return.
  • Go first in my attempt to max IW's covers. 7 more to go!
  • Frozen wrote:
    Go first in my attempt to max IW's covers. 7 more to go!

I'm... sorry... ?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Kelbris wrote:
    Had first by 50 points. Got hit twice for 60. Missed getting back into first by less than a minute (fight ended right after midnight).

Some punk's got my green IW cover. I'm gonna Punish less than 40% of my foot in his ****. Then again, I did tank 4 different times during this tournament...

Anyway, MAN did I learn how badass Moonstone can be. If her warp collapses, it also gains 1 AP of whatever basic tile you chose, which can be a great way to do damage and then grab the last AP to launch a skill like Photon/LS. I didn't even level her above 51 and she was doing 2k damage on occasions. Absolutely nuts.

The trick was taking out Storm first so that you weren't swapping Attack tiles.
    Dam that sucks.

Agree about moonstone. However storm was definitely the most pain in the tinyyyy kitties as I would not have enough damage to deal with her before she got her red ability, which she was use and cause huge cascades which just ruins the battle.
    And even though my moonstone was only like level 13, she was super useful to cause the collapse and drop a tile-- which I tried to get some needed AP or try for a match 4/5 (collapse a tile, dropping needed tile so it's ready to be a match 5, etc..)
  • DecoyDuck wrote:
    I ended up getting a red and green GSBW from the NML token and a standard token(!?!) - which I needed - so I'm just trying for the black OBW cover now, just poking the ranking to stay in the 21-50. Cause, the 50HP is still something. Ain't too proud to admit I'm HP poor.

Aww, man! I overshot it. Ended up in top 20 icon_e_sad.gif - why weren't the rest of you coming after me? No max characters! Easy pickins...
  • Kelbris wrote:
    SUPERTOM wrote:
    Well that's the last time I grind trying to actually place high in a trounament. I was sitting pretty around #3-15 for about an hour. Slowly playing trying to just afloat. Then in the last 10 minutes I get gang ****, lose over 100 pts and one tinykitty board later I'm #30. Now I have 3 OBW covers I can't use.

It's really frustrating to play a match worth 20pts then as soon as you win you find out you just lost 65 with no feasable way to get it back. They really need to rework the point rewards in PvP. There's no reason someone should be able to take 30 pts from you and if you retaliate you're lucky to get 60% of it back.

Why are you attacking people for less than 25 points in cases where their team can compete with yours? That's silly. Don't hit someone below you unless the sheet sight of your team will make them skip, barring the fools who will charge in and take multiple attempts to take you out.

If someone with scrubby points hits you, SKIP THEM. They aren't worth it. You'll find someone with a higher return.

Having to skip ~10 matches just to find a 22 or so has been frustrating. Sometimes I go after 13-15 just because I want to get a fight in.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    SUPERTOM wrote:

Yeah I typically only go for high point matches but in the last 10 minutes I couldn't find a single match worth more than 20 pts and after skipping several dozen i couldn't even find a match with someone higher. So it was either spend the last 10 min searching for a worthwhile match or fight the ones in my face and hope for the best. and the best I did not get.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    DecoyDuck wrote:
    DecoyDuck wrote:
    I ended up getting a red and green GSBW from the NML token and a standard token(!?!) - which I needed - so I'm just trying for the black OBW cover now, just poking the ranking to stay in the 21-50. Cause, the 50HP is still something. Ain't too proud to admit I'm HP poor.

Aww, man! I overshot it. Ended up in top 20 icon_e_sad.gif - why weren't the rest of you coming after me? No max characters! Easy pickins...
    You should have just fought someone and yield to lose some points icon_e_smile.gif
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    Yeah I typically only go for high point matches but in the last 10 minutes I couldn't find a single match worth more than 20 pts and after skipping several dozen i couldn't even find a match with someone higher. So it was either spend the last 10 min searching for a worthwhile match or fight the ones in my face and hope for the best. and the best I did not get.

But to be fair, given the way points are working right now which obviously isn't your fault, what you did was the exact opposite of hoping for the best.
  • eidehua wrote:
    DecoyDuck wrote:
    DecoyDuck wrote:

You should have just fought someone and yield to lose some points icon_e_smile.gif

I yielded 4 times in the last 2 minutes and I still couldn't shake the ranking... I must've been in quite a bracket.
  • I couldnt get past 650 points, keep getting attack by the same players multiple times in the last 30 minutes. I was aiming for Bag-Women but fell to 2nd at the end. Got my Green, now my BWGS is @ 4/3/5, one more green cover to go.
  • Didn't pay attention to when this ended, ended up falling to top 50 lol.
    Oh well, I can use all 3 Original Black Widow covers anyway, so it's still pretty good.
  • Didn't pay attention to when this ended, ended up falling to top 50 lol.
    Oh well, I can use all 3 Original Black Widow covers anyway, so it's still pretty good.

Yeah, I somehow came out of it in the two standard token level. Tanking and 3 rewards, what could be better? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Got first in this tournament. All I can say is lots of people laughed at me for leveling up Moonstone...well it won me my first ever event. Granted, I do agree that she's not that good and my ISO are probably better spent elsewhere...but a win's a win.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray, I managed top 50 which was right where I wanted to be. I enjoyed this tournament quite a bit; I hope we get similar unusual tournament structures. I guess there will probably be a "gentleman's club" male only tournament as well at some point. Maybe a "no mutants allowed" un-enhanced human tournament?
  • I hear ya. Worked, like a fool, on staying in the top 15 most of the event. Lost 168 points in the time it took me to finish one match with less than a minute left in the tourney.

This isn't alright. Punishing people for actually playing the game isn't sensible.
  • Entered the tournament with 45 minutes left and managed to slide in at 20th in my bracket.

Now I've got a formidable 0/0/2 grey suit widow to ignore.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Entered the tournament with 45 minutes left and managed to slide in at 20th in my bracket.

Now I've got a formidable 0/0/2 grey suit widow to ignore.
    Speaking of brackets, do you know how many brackets there are? And how they are determined?
  • I loved this event icon_e_biggrin.gif