Patch R58 Discussion - Live 7/29

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• gobstopper wrote:
    I feel like AI is playing smarter than in the past. I know for a fact that I am taking more damage now and having to use health packs all the time. But I can't pinpoint when it changed or if it's really due to RNG brokenness.

That's because the AI always have 3 TU abilities so they're no longer gathering what is almost certain to be a dead color because nobody plays the AI on strong environment effect areas without Punisher or Magneto. The AI always have a solid AP advantage compared to the player because they never miss a match 4, but this used to be canceled out by the fact that they're way too fixiated on collecting what is often a dead color. Now TUs are no longer dead, and in fact with the free TUs all the AIs get it is arguably one of the best color to collect.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The AI always have a solid AP advantage compared to the player because they never miss a match 4
    Uh...what. Don't miss match 4s yourself and you'll have the AP advantage, since the AI often matches 4 when it should be matching 5. How is that an argument? O_o
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The AI always have a solid AP advantage compared to the player because they never miss a match 4
    Uh...what. Don't miss match 4s yourself and you'll have the AP advantage, since the AI often matches 4 when it should be matching 5. How is that an argument? O_o
    Ugh... another contrarian. Humans can sometimes miss things, I dunno-- Like a match 4 because they had tunnel vision on a match they needed. or they just didn't see it in time. A machine would not suffer such shortcomings. Sounds like a solid argument to me.
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sure the AI always hits available match-4s. Meanwhile, it makes suboptimal matches the overwhelming majority of the time, not going for good cascades or match-5s or even the AP that should matter to it. The fact that it always takes match-4s is, furthermore, quite exploitable. If you seriously think the terrible AI has the advantage over a human player, you probably shouldn't be playing a puzzle/strategy game.
  • Not knowing the AI is better than you at matching is one of those 'you don't know that you don't know' things because most people aren't even good enough to see any mistakes they made. This game has some very demanding requirement on mental endurance and there are often times where you're playing under extreme pressure to make a move quickly (most of PvP without boosts + shield hopping, and the last 2 hours of any PvE event). Of course the guys who can't see that are usually the first to complain about miracle cascades or that the AI in PvE events using no goons with characters in low level 100s is too hard against your level 166 to level 256 major boosted characters.

The AI always outclassed a human player badly in terms of ability to gather APs with normal matches, which is part of the reason why it is so bad using moves because if it was actually any good there too, we'd all lose most of our games. Prior to the TU changes you can exploit the fact that the AI favors environment tile and having a 20 AP equivalent advantage in hot dogs isn't going to matter. Now, having 20 TUAP advantage can lead to some rather disastrous results so people are starting to notice the advantage AI always has on matching. Yes if you played all your game extremely slowly you can beat them in matching, but you don't always have the time.
  • Aaand the computer keeps cheating, using way too many teamup abilities way too fast with way too little mana/AP...screw the teamup tiles completely, we don't need them. And give us the option to turn off the animations, they just take up unnecessary time.