Patch R58 Discussion - Live 7/29

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Does anyone know if the three random team ups your defensive team has are randomly set once and then the same for the event or are they randomly generated each time someone battles your team?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Geez the "reminders" to update the game are annoying. Until I get home to my Wi-Fi, I'm not downloading a huge update. Deal with it, game. Give me a "don't remind me for 24 hours" checkbox or something.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2014
    Options
    LR.
    team of 94 ares/Ragnarok & a buffed 110+patch
    - Ai drops a DD red ambush tile
    - 2 players left
    - does not get disarmed until patch is wiped.

So imagine a tank dropping a lvl 110+ red DD trap tile that you have not accounted for as you had no way of knowing trap tiles were in play. So no tile destroyers, tale mass over writers or no Daken.
    The one balance of DD being a powder-puff on health had been negated. Fun times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is there a connection between my refusal to install the update and my new inability to view alliance chat?
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Dracodad wrote:
    Is there a connection between my refusal to install the update and my new inability to view alliance chat?
    No, I can see ours fine. We just don't want to hear from you right now, Dr. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Will there be a penalty for me not updating the game?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tavanh wrote:

If you don't initiate the update, the game will eventually force it after a certain deadline, and people have complained in the past that this can happen in the middle of a match.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Tavanh wrote:

If you don't initiate the update, the game will eventually force it after a certain deadline, and people have complained in the past that this can happen in the middle of a match.

Appreciate the info! My Alliance told me about how bad their team up matches have been and I really would rather not update it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well MStorm Nerfed... Obviously they are "Stupid" icon_exclaim.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BozKoh wrote:

I actually think Mistress of the Elements becomes one of the best abilities in the game now. But my Mohawk's not covered enough to make much use of her, and MStorm isn't allowed in the current PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    BozKoh wrote:

I actually think Mistress of the Elements becomes one of the best abilities in the game now. But my Mohawk's not covered enough to make much use of her, and MStorm isn't allowed in the current PVE.

Then you, sir, haven't played her. She's ruined now.

Now, I've gotta track down the R56 .apk online and get rid of this worthless patch... -_-

EDIT: Ok, so it's not completely worthless, they did fix GSBW so she uses the correct colors, and the main menu screen is kind of cool. Other than that, though, it's just another attempt by Demiurge to expertly remove every ounce of fun and strategy from the game, replacing it with totally random, rage-inducing moments... Well played, Demiurge, well played indeed.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    BozKoh wrote:

Certainly necessary now. Makes it only take 3 times as much time getting rid of worthless TUs, instead of up to 10 times (seriously, how else are you going to get enough for GSW's sniper rifle)
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    BozKoh wrote:

Certainly necessary now. Makes it only take 3 times as much time getting rid of worthless TUs, instead of up to 10 times (seriously, how else are you going to get enough for GSW's sniper rifle)
    I've got one of them I can't get rid of either - and a L41 Twin Pistols icon_e_sad.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think my biggest issue is that it completely ruins strategy and actually devalues your characters. I can now build a deck to abuse these team-ups. I can design teams around 3x World Ruptures and you can't do **** about it. I really like the idea, but to go into matches blind unknowing that I'm gonna be facing a Daken/BP/Thor and World Ruptures from Sentry it just takes away the fun. I think they are a great idea. But I would rather have the team-ups being 1* abilities than my level 166 3*'s because now u just told me I don't need to lvl my guys. I can run 2*'s and use the 3* abilities as needed
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    But I would rather have the team-ups being 1* abilities than my level 166 3*'s because now u just told me I don't need to lvl my guys. I can run 2*'s and use the 3* abilities as needed
    I don't get this reasoning.
    To get those 3* abilities at level 166, you need to be able to consistently beat all-166 teams.
    To do that, you need 166s yourself.
    So what's the point of running 2*s and use 3* abilities as team ups when you have maxed 3*s yourself?

I think the number of non-3* teams running around with 3* abilities at decent levels will be pretty minimal.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    But I would rather have the team-ups being 1* abilities than my level 166 3*'s because now u just told me I don't need to lvl my guys. I can run 2*'s and use the 3* abilities as needed
    I don't get this reasoning.
    To get those 3* abilities at level 166, you need to be able to consistently beat all-166 teams.
    To do that, you need 166s yourself.
    So what's the point of running 2*s and use 3* abilities as team ups when you have maxed 3*s yourself?

I think the number of non-3* teams running around with 3* abilities at decent levels will be pretty minimal.

but with a couple of boosts a 2* team can take any 3* team down. You start racking up 3* boosts and now you essential are a 2* team that can launch 3* abilties. I like the idea of the team ups, I really do, but the randomness of not knowing what someone has is annoying. Because lets face it, it's gonna come down to a handful of abilties everyone is always going to have. People will be sitting on World Ruptures, or Thunder Strike, or Call of the Storm. You know the scary abilties you always try to deny are now going to be in every game. How many aggressive recons are you going to be eating? These Team ups need to be limited right now to only 1* character abilties, period. The other thing I don't like is people are going to be hunting you if you run certain characters, like Sentry, because they want your lvl 5 World Rupture on your 166 guy
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    The other thing I don't like is people are going to be hunting you if you run certain characters, like Sentry, because they want your lvl 5 World Rupture on your 166 guy
    Given the prevalence of characters like Sentry, you won't have to hunt very hard to find them. It just means that people may be slightly less likely to skip certain teams if they're hoping to get a certain ability. I've taken on several more difficult teams (such as Fury/Sentry/LDaken) that I would have otherwise skipped given that I had a pretty good chance of getting an ability I really wanted.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    AngryHulk wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    Getting the low level TU from seed teams is a horrible, horrible idea considering you have no option to discard them manually -.-

You can go to the prologue and grind it up! How else will I ever get rid of these 5 Control Shifts I have that require 17 TU AP to use each... Not wasting my time potentially losing a real fight trying to get 17 TU ap for a 2 turn stun.
    I've already used a Control Shift to stun Hulk and steal one of his Anger tiles after my barrage of attacks didn't *quite* kill him as I'd hoped it would. It's expensive, but it's not a bad power to have in your back pocket. Sure, I could have used a damaging TU to finish him off, but now I still have the damaging TU I didn't use for later.
    On the other hand, I now have to go into prologue and sandbag to get rid of my 13 control shift/murderous aim. Good thing d3p realizes being forced to replay prologue isn't fun icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    At this point I have more Captain Marvel abilities than anything. And more of her red than anything b/c that's apparently the default cover in the pvp. I'm sure I'll love having so many protection destroying abilities once I start facing the infinite parade of CMags in the Patch PvE, but for now, I've got about a dozen (and then of course the requisite hoard of DA abilities from grinding the heroic).