Thick as Thieves

Options
1717273747577»

Comments

• Spider_Man
    Spider_Man Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    BBBomber wrote:
    Grats Spider_Man, I think you are in my bracket.

I definitely dried out my missions a bit too early. Can't hold the lead with well over 30 mins remaining. It was fun but definitely too much work. Glad it was over.

Thanks to a couple of posters in this thread that contributed strategy-wise with regards to this event, bugged or not it helps a lot.

Definitely not looking forward to repeat this all over again though.

Hey BB! I've been watching you on the top 10 all week. I knew you were gonna be tough to compete against! Grats on the 3 DD covers!
  • Spider_Man
    Spider_Man Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Spider_Man wrote:
    The grass is always greener, hey?

I dunno about the grass but the beer is pretty good. icon_e_smile.gif

You'll get used to me soon enough if I'm around long enough. Hehe

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll get along real well icon_lol.gif

No hard feelings man. It's just a forum about a game.
  • Spider_Man wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:
    The grass is always greener, hey?

I dunno about the grass but the beer is pretty good. icon_e_smile.gif

You'll get used to me soon enough if I'm around long enough. Hehe

Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll get along real well icon_lol.gif

No hard feelings man. It's just a forum about a game.

I never take anything personal. Hehe

I'm just overly opinionated and lack a filter. Haha!
  • Nemek wrote:
    Oversoul wrote:
    And honestly, that's like asking people if they think Tim Tebow shouldn't have a chance at being an NFL quarterback or if Betty White shouldn't have a chance at beating Michael Jordan in his prime. The word "progression" gets thrown around a lot by the old school forum members, but I never thought it applied to this game other than Lightning Rounds. This event proved my thoughts big time.

*sigh* I have a Tim Tebow Broncos jersey. Is it tacky to wear it to my super bowl viewing party?

It would be pretty epic if you did, actually. I'd want Tebow over Manning in cold weather games... well, if I were Skip Bayless I'd say that.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Spider_Man wrote:
    Davometer wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:

Sorry to hear that. But I hardly came out of nowhere. I've been top 10 all week. Do you think players without max characters shouldn't have a chance at the top prizes?

Um...YES? Because realistically they would be beaten by anyone with a 2* roster

This was PvE, not PvP. All players should have a chance!
    Well supposedly PvP should match you up against similarly "skilled" players. But yes on PvE all players should have a chance, the same chance. In previous PvE events, everyone fought the same enemies. Here we did not. So we didn't have the same chance. Not in the slightest.
  • Shame the finishing time was so poor for me here in the UK. Finally gave in and went to bed around 1am sitting in the top 10, but finished somewhere in the top 50 for 2 DD covers. I have no doubt if I'd decided to stay awake I could have stayed in the top 10, but with being back in work after some time off ill, I couldn't do it. I guess 2 covers will have to do for now.
  • I went from #2 to #12 in the last 15 minutes. Kept beating stages but not for enough points. A little sad I didn't get a blue DD, but I'm glad this event is over.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Shame the finishing time was so poor for me here in the UK. Finally gave in and went to bed around 1am sitting in the top 10, but finished somewhere in the top 50 for 2 DD covers. I have no doubt if I'd decided to stay awake I could have stayed in the top 10, but with being back in work after some time off ill, I couldn't do it. I guess 2 covers will have to do for now.
    The ~5am end times really aren't kind to Europe, are they? You don't have to stay up, though: just get up at four thirty! Tried 3:30, tbh, but "overslept". Catassing WoW players don't go through what this game makes the sufficiently foolish inflict on themselves.

Have all the Yelena Clone Armies had unfortunate shredder accidents and been rendered into ISO already, or are people keeping them as mementos of their happy time with this event?
  • Veracity wrote:
    Have all the Yelena Clone Armies had unfortunate shredder accidents and been rendered into ISO already, or are people keeping them as mementos of their happy time with this event?
    My clone armies will stay there until someone better comes along. Yelena's been kicked out by Daredevil though.
  • When it comes to "everyone should have a chance!" I strongly disagree. PvE, PvP, doesn't matter. In games where powers and experience matter, participating and being diligent should either get you even or better than average chances at being on top. In any other game with levels and skills this holds true. Otherwise what's the point in levels and skills?

Everyone should be able to continuously improve, but it should be incremental, not stepwise. Players with 1/2* rosters should be getting 2* covers or rarely 3* covers. They should be able to get those by doing very well in progression (requiring lots of game time) or by playing "better" than other players of their caliber (can only be done if brackets are built around cover count or something similar like total Iso expenditure). Players whose max cover is a level 30 2* should be unable to win a 4* cover. They can't do anything with it anyway. In every other game you start the game ranking low. You DESERVE to rank 500+. Then as you play more and get better, you can rank better and get more valuable rewards as you build up Iso and covers. New players should be proud to rank 500. Then 250. Then 100. Then 50 after 2 months. Then with time, patience, and dedication, they can make top 10.

The way it is now, anybody just starting the game can log on for 45 minutes over 3 days and accidentally make top 10. That's absurd.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This post is necessary to make the thread visible.