Thick as Thieves

Options

Comments

• Spider_Man wrote:
    Deer717 wrote:
    Unrealistic. 1st place has a high of level 50 im35. NOT TO BE OUT DONE by 2nd place 5th behind. A love player with 9 total characters and a high level of 30..... why Do we bother

If this isn't fixed by the next PVE, I'm done with this game. Now that we can see rosters it'll be easy enough to tell. Oni Neko and Chin2Taberu, I'm rooting for you guys. If Aceduece, BigCman, Rendar69, La Fiera, Mini9tailedFox, or Spider_Man win this bracket, I might flip a table.

Edit: And BBBomber is back. He's been way ahead all event, and his roster blows. Sigh.

Haha, why the hate? Is it because I don't post to these boards?

Read the thread if you want to know why the hate. When people with 5+ level 85+ characters are getting beat by people with rosters like... well... yours, they get annoyed.
  • Veracity wrote:
    I do hope the new, communicative Demiurge posts some kind of post-mortem for this event in the news section. We don't know what their participation data tells them and it's hard to identify what's behind the amount of bad feeling floating around this past week, what with the cornucopia of reasons for it, but it'd be nice to hear their take on what worked, what went wrong, and what happens next.
    This times infinity.
  • Scored DD's Purple, and three Heroic tokens from the last sub-event. Two of those tokens turned in 4* Wolverine's Red, and IW's Yellow. Cannot complain in the slightest.
  • Spider_Man
    Spider_Man Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oversoul wrote:
    Deer717 wrote:
    Unrealistic. 1st place has a high of level 50 im35. NOT TO BE OUT DONE by 2nd place 5th behind. A love player with 9 total characters and a high level of 30..... why Do we bother

If this isn't fixed by the next PVE, I'm done with this game. Now that we can see rosters it'll be easy enough to tell. Oni Neko and Chin2Taberu, I'm rooting for you guys. If Aceduece, BigCman, Rendar69, La Fiera, Mini9tailedFox, or Spider_Man win this bracket, I might flip a table.

Edit: And BBBomber is back. He's been way ahead all event, and his roster blows. Sigh.

Ugh, I was in that same bracket as well. I was at #1-2 as well until those players with **** rosters came out of nowhere. D3 owes me a damn 4* cover for their incompetence.

Sorry to hear that. But I hardly came out of nowhere. I've been top 10 all week. Do you think players without max characters shouldn't have a chance at the top prizes?
  • Spider_Man
    Options
    Deer717 wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:
    Deer717 wrote:

Haha, why the hate? Is it because I don't post to these boards?

Read the thread if you want to know why the hate. When people with 5+ level 85+ characters are getting beat by people with rosters like... well... yours, they get annoyed.

It's PvE man, not PvP. In these events, at least, all players should have a chance at winning. I'm sure your team would mop the floor with mine if it was 1v1. But it wasn't.

I guess this ruins my chances for a "Welcome to the boards!", hmm? icon_e_smile.gif
  • @ spidey

Welcome to the forums!!!!
    Now piss off :p
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I do think we're overdoing the witch hunts a tad bit. The messed up nature of this event caused everything to be out of whack. I say we save some judgement for the next PvE, which will hopefully have everybody fighting similarly leveled opponents, so we'll know if the low level characters are really beating 230 opponents or not.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I do think we're overdoing the witch hunts a tad bit. The messed up nature of this event caused everything to be out of whack. I say we save some judgement for the next PvE, which will hopefully have everybody fighting similarly leveled opponents, so we'll know if the low level characters are really beating 230 opponents or not.

I don't think he's cheating at all.
    I'm just still incredibly sour at the whole event. You know why icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spider_Man wrote:
    Oversoul wrote:
    Deer717 wrote:

Ugh, I was in that same bracket as well. I was at #1-2 as well until those players with **** rosters came out of nowhere. D3 owes me a damn 4* cover for their incompetence.

Sorry to hear that. But I hardly came out of nowhere. I've been top 10 all week. Do you think players without max characters shouldn't have a chance at the top prizes?

Um...YES? Because realistically they would be beaten by anyone with a 2* roster
  • Well, players with very low level teams joining late could experience easy wins as long as they put in time and effort.

Players with very strong rosters could, with even more effort, to kill those 230s and place well.
    Personally I am very advanced as far as collected covers go, not much like so as for levels (my highest still being *sigh* that lvl 85 Thor, no complaints as he fought hard and well to get all these other covers, RIP with pride).
    With 65 Patch, 40 OBW and 65 Spidey I was able to get 1-1-1-2-1-10 placements in subs and top 3 icon_neutral.gif in the main. It took timely effort in the last two days in the main event, with a very rough wake up at 4am today - finishing time being 6 am in my European time zone.

So everyone in the middle, that did not know/decided not to tank the levels of npcs, got screwed hard - I figure that about 90% of the players are neither early beginners nor have a 4 or 5 blue Spidey, or uber 141 3*
    3+ colors boost change to HP was really the nail on the coffin here
  • Spider_Man wrote:

Eh, this wasn't directed at you as much. Only having a Lv 15 Patch is highly suspect, but I figured that I could win with it along with your Thor and OBW, and therefore so could you. There were definitely some rubbish rosters out there.

And honestly, that's like asking people if they think Tim Tebow shouldn't have a chance at being an NFL quarterback or if Betty White shouldn't have a chance at beating Michael Jordan in his prime. The word "progression" gets thrown around a lot by the old school forum members, but I never thought it applied to this game other than Lightning Rounds. This event proved my thoughts big time.
  • Fangel wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Fangel wrote:
    Sub events were really important here as the points given did not fluctuate based on your position in the main event. Just had to save the 800 point missions for the end.

Also, whoever pushes first in the final 8 hours usually gets ****.

Did you finish 1st Fangel? Noticed you jumped into the lead in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah I was just following behind the leaders using main event missions. Only started the sub event in the final 10 minutes and cleared the final 5 missions once for close to 2k.

I'm surprised you went for the green xforce.

Well done. icon_e_smile.gif

4* covers sell for 50hp, so I went for it on that basis. With hp probably being more valuable, given that you need it for so many different things, I'm looking to accumulate where I can. Got 2nd on the sub for another 50hp.
  • Spider_Man
    Options
    Davometer wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:

Um...YES? Because realistically they would be beaten by anyone with a 2* roster

This was PvE, not PvP. All players should have a chance!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Oversoul wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:

Eh, this wasn't directed at you as much. Only having a Lv 15 Patch is highly suspect, but I figured that I could win with it along with your Thor and OBW, and therefore so could you. There were definitely some rubbish rosters out there.

And honestly, that's like asking people if they think Tim Tebow shouldn't have a chance at being an NFL quarterback or if Betty White shouldn't have a chance at beating Michael Jordan in his prime. The word "progression" gets thrown around a lot by the old school forum members, but I never thought it applied to this game other than Lightning Rounds. This event proved my thoughts big time.

*sigh* I have a Tim Tebow Broncos jersey. Is it tacky to wear it to my super bowl viewing party?

But uhhh...on topic: it's certainly weird that this one favored low level players a little more, but I think this whole PvE event is so messed up, it's hardly surprising. I guess it's a way for the low leveled players to at least feel like they have a chance, which may not be a horrible thing. I still think a lot of the hardcore players were able to get what they wanted (though maybe not all of them.)
  • Nemek wrote:
    Oversoul wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:

*sigh* I have a Tim Tebow Broncos jersey. Is it tacky to wear it to my super bowl viewing party?

But uhhh...on topic: it's certainly weird that this one favored low level players a little more, but I think this whole PvE event is so messed up, it's hardly surprising. I guess it's a way for the low leveled players to at least feel like they have a chance, which may not be a horrible thing. I still think a lot of the hardcore players were able to get what they wanted (though maybe not all of them.)

The noobs and the hardcore both did fine. It's us mid-levels who got ****.
  • Spider_Man
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    Oversoul wrote:
    Spider_Man wrote:

The grass is always greener, hey?
  • [/quote]The grass is always greener, hey?[/quote]

I dunno about the grass but the beer is pretty good. icon_e_smile.gif

You'll get used to me soon enough if I'm around long enough. Hehe
  • The noobs and the hardcore both did fine. It's us mid-levels who got ****.
    Erm, then who I am - hardcore? But my only maxed 3* is Patch L40, and highest 3* is L70 Punisher.
    Newb? But I got 3 DD, it shouldn't be possible to newb, no?
  • Grats Spider_Man, I think you are in my bracket.

I definitely dried out my missions a bit too early. Can't hold the lead with well over 30 mins remaining. It was fun but definitely too much work. Glad it was over.

Thanks to a couple of posters in this thread that contributed strategy-wise with regards to this event, bugged or not it helps a lot.

Definitely not looking forward to repeat this all over again though.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    Erm, then who I am - hardcore? But my only maxed 3* is Patch L40, and highest 3* is L70 Punisher.
    Newb? But I got 3 DD, it shouldn't be possible to newb, no?

I assume you tanked? If not GRATS. If you tanked Idgaf what u placed.