Client Patch Notes - R55 (Live 6/9)

Comments

• user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly, why would anyone choose to time it like that?
    To maximize profit. Bait and hook IMO.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Drunpleasant: "Less forgivable than the decision to implement this change is the fact that it was deployed mid/late event that rewards a character that is likely to be very much in demand. Honestly, why would anyone choose to time it like that?"

I completely agree with you on that.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Deploying a patch near the end of the Thick as Thieves event that completely changes the landscape of the event and bones people who were doing well before the patch?

Well, at least this is the first time something like this has happened, amirite?
  • I don't know if something has changed, or if it's just me, but the missions are slowly settling back to the pre-patch status and I've just continued playing exactly as I did before the patch.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Wow, I want to say that I can't believe that the scaling change wasn't in the patch notes, but I really can.

My scaling went up 100+ levels after updating. Why do you guys always do this mid-event?
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    Then, how do you explain it not affecting everyone?

It's quite obviously a problem with the patch when you have people like myself playing on two different devices, with two different release versions, seeing two different levels of enemies. It's conclusive, it's provable. I can post screenshots if you like?

As for it not effecting everyone, maybe it is? Maybe people are just like you and assuming that the scaling is right, when in fact they should actually be seeing enemies at a much lower level.
    I think patch scaled enemies in PvE for people who reached a certain amount of points. While this is all speculation on my side, if that's the case, that's how scaling actually works, am I wrong? That's why I think it is not related to patch. It was going to happen one way or another.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    Then, how do you explain it not affecting everyone?

It's quite obviously a problem with the patch when you have people like myself playing on two different devices, with two different release versions, seeing two different levels of enemies. It's conclusive, it's provable. I can post screenshots if you like?

As for it not effecting everyone, maybe it is? Maybe people are just like you and assuming that the scaling is right, when in fact they should actually be seeing enemies at a much lower level.
    I think patch scaled enemies in PvE for people who reached a certain amount of points. While this is all speculation on my side, if that's the case, that's how scaling actually works, am I wrong? That's why I think it is not related to patch. It was going to happen one way or another.
    Again, people are playing the same account on a patched and unpatched device, with different levels.
  • For once, I'm happy to be on Steam. PS, D3 is evil.
  • Thanks for getting rid of the skip tax for retaliation.

No thanks for the stealth change in scaling. Seriously, stop effing with the variables IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EVENT.
  • Ironic - all the people who's nodes were artificially inflated prior to R55 were reduced while all the people who were enjoying a low level stroll through the goons got theirs bumped up. Are we on more equal-high ground now? Any chance the dev's could be somewhat transparent in how enemy levels are actually decided?

Any chance future PVE's could change the boosted characters to be a +50% of current level or something of that nature so the 1* and 2* teams don't get such a ridiculous advantage?

Any 1* team with a lvl 15 hulk gets a 7k character while going up against lvl 20-30 enemies.. Brilliant!
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    So, on my Android device, I have the update which bumped Business Partners up to level 241.

On my iPad after turning off automatic updates, Business Partners is only 141.

I'd suggest not updating if you can help it. Doing this sort of thing with just over 24 hours left for an event is obnoxious. Unfair advantage goes to those who prolong updating as long as possible.

P.S. Borked scaling should be in the patch notes.
  • Patch is getton offered for steam now -- anyone applied it yet? Did the levels stay or got up?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now I'm getting this nice 'update now!' pop up every 30 seconds on iOS?
    No, THANK YOU, I don't want to bork my scaling. I've said skip about a dozen times now, can you go away? Please?
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    So now I'm getting this nice 'update now!' pop up every 30 seconds on iOS?
    No, THANK YOU, I don't want to bork my scaling. I've said skip about a dozen times now, can you go away? Please?

Seem on steam you're not better off even if you give in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9435
  • Wish I'd looked at the forums before applying the patch. I suppose the bright side is now I don't have to care about the event at all instead of slightly.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Any chance future PVE's could change the boosted characters to be a +50% of current level or something of that nature so the 1* and 2* teams don't get such a ridiculous advantage?
    While this seems like a good idea, it doesn't do their intended purpose of showcasing the new characters in the following PvE to encourage people to buy more of their covers. You would never use that new character if it were max level 45 or whatever.
  • :Theory:

- The scaling patch thing is to give an advantage to those, who otherwise would never have caught up and give them the feeling that they can achieve top 40/100.
    - The extremely impossible levels (Without Spidey for example) will slow down some poeple who already have high scores I.E. 85K+ ?
    - Rubberbanding will kick in and we will soon see the "60 minutes remaining, start your grinding pony show"... Against those impoosible nodes. Health packs with that? 200 HP for 5, is it worth a Storm to you??

:End Theory:

It's all irrelevant. D3 is messing with us again... Prepare for the bloodbath! I mean, serious Bloodbath. You think the original "Death Brackets" were bad, wait for whats coming next.

:Other theory:

If historically speaking the cover rewards for PvP lead to the next PvP....

Cage Match event - Featuring the man himself PATCH is coming. Less than 24 hours before it begins. Can anyone guess what cover is most likely to appear as a Reward?
    How many have those 212/141/141 teams ready to shred everything up, releaseing that bent up frustration of being screwed last minute (24 hours) in yet another PvE???

:End other theory:

This is going to be 10 times worse than both starfalls combined, if indeed Cage event comes up... Sharpen your blades, bring out the Redbull/Jolt cola and get ready... I think it's going to be bad, really bad...
  • I'm on Steam, there is no patch available yet despite restarting Steam numerous times, and I can't play MPQ either because it won't allow me to get past the 'there is a new version would you like to download now' dialog. So much for the event I was playing that ends in 5 or so hours icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    KevinMark wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    Some people have reported not seeing any change. So it's not necessarily that easy.
    It's nearing the end of the PvE event. I always get either Deadly or Hard nodes in any PvE when it's close to its ending. What I'm trying to say is the patch might not be related to the scaling some people have been seeing.

The nodes def changed. I have multiple devices. I updated one, but not the other and the nodes are way more difficult. I'm not applying this update
  • Just for a little first hand account on how ridiculous this change is... First pic is unpatched android mobile. Second is patched Steam PC version. an increase in 90 levels. Yes, 90. **** is this?
    mHQCaw1l.pngzo9wafFl.jpg